Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
    Ooh, thank you! I don't know what it is about Sam-whump that I like so much!

Are they a certain ship at all? Or does it vary?
    it varies. there's some femslash and gen and of course sam/jack
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Don't know if you all have read Claudia Black's new interview on SciFi world but here is a little Sam/Vala spoiler
      Spoiler:
      Gilles Nuytens: What characters would you like to see yours developed with more?
      Claudia Black: Well, we have an opportunity, Amanda Tapping and I to do some type of Vala, ... Samatha and Vala have a couple of moments in an upcoming episode called “Family Ties” so it would be nice to have a little bit character development there.

Read the full interview here
      WHOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

if y'all haven't read Barbarian in the ficathon, don't let the fact that it's a moebius story put you off. It's a great read. Yeah, you know how it's gonna end, but the 80+ pages leading up to it are fantastic.

i highly recommend it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i highly recommend Barbarian
          Me too!

... actually, I recommend quite a few, it's just that I don't have titles to hand at the mo'.

also, i was bummed that i didn't finish (still haven't!) all the stories before the authors were revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
            Me too!

... actually, I recommend quite a few, it's just that I don't have titles to hand at the mo'.

also, i was bummed that i didn't finish (still haven't!) all the stories before the authors were revealed.
            Ah yes, not enough time...and I'm also trying to get as much reading in from the Stargate Fan Awards also...so much fic, not enough time
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i didn't get them finished either. I spent all last weekend working on my own fic so i had 2-3 to read this week.

i c/p them into word so that i could read them offline since LJ can be a bit ponderous

they were all good stories and we have some fantastic authors amongst us

Maybe that can be something we add to the samanda site, a monthly 'challenge' such as write a 500 page story on how sam felt after 2001 or something like that.

or a drable challenge. Drabbles are fic of only 100 words, so they're kinda like a poem.

sigpic

Comment

i didn't get them finished either. I spent all last weekend working on my own fic so i had 2-3 to read this week.

i c/p them into word so that i could read them offline since LJ can be a bit ponderous

they were all good stories and we have some fantastic authors amongst us

Maybe that can be something we add to the samanda site, a monthly 'challenge' such as write a 500 page story on how sam felt after 2001 or something like that.

or a drable challenge. Drabbles are fic of only 100 words, so they're kinda like a poem.
                *Looks, steps back, blinks eyes...Looks again* did you say 500 page story
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  Hey, if they're not playing Sam and Jack I don't mind them being a couple. They look good together. I don't have any particular premise in mind. Though it would be fun to make RDA a scientist as a change from SG1. Brainy and foxy. hmmm....
                  RDA & AT also can play menacing very well. Heck I'd watch anything those two were in. They seem to be friends, so if the right project came their way, I bet they'd work together. (crosses fingers for the right project)

Did I say AT's great yet today? I caught the ep. on SciFi today. I love that look she gives when O'Neill orders Sam & Daniel to guard the gate.

I would love to see RDA and AT in another movie or show together! I would certainly watch. I think they are great together! They seemed to have genuine respect for one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    lol! I hope that was a typo.
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      d'oh, ok, i meant 500 WORD, my bad

sigpic

Comment

d'oh, ok, i meant 500 WORD, my bad
                        It didn't even register with me how much 500 pages of story probably was until Mandysg1 pointed it out...I just happily accepted it so what does that say about me?? Probably an indication of the length of the fic I write normally.
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

lucky you

i think, once it's done, Mirror, Mirror MIGHT get close to 500 pages. Probably closer to 400.

i like writing longer stories - and miss the days when i could crank out 5 page missng scenes - but 400 pages is novel length and thats a LOT of writing

sigpic

Comment

lucky you

i think, once it's done, Mirror, Mirror MIGHT get close to 500 pages. Probably closer to 400.

i like writing longer stories - and miss the days when i could crank out 5 page missng scenes - but 400 pages is novel length and thats a LOT of writing
                            Lucky us if Mirror Mirror gets close to either 400 or 500 pages
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                              I've received my orders so I'll be asking
                              Thank ya, kindly, ma'am!

Comment

lol

i think it'll hit 400

part 1 was over a hundred i think, part 2 was 60 or 80, part 3 is right at 100 and part 4, well i'm on page 20 and haven't even hit the 'good' stuff yet

once it's done i think it'll be even longer than evolution or trinkets

so, rachel, when is aftershocks year 2 coming out?????

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X