Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500
    You know I've been thinking about what I would like to ask them at Avalon and one of the questions I've been toying with is whether, with the cancellation, they are or would consider doing another project together.

I have this idea of them working as a married pair of environmental investigators, maybe with a family, who get called in specially to investigate crimes to do with environmantal damage, battling corporate giants or poachers; maybe as a TV film rather than as a series. It could be a good way for them to bring the causes they both support to the screen while providing entertainment for the casual audience.

And I definitely agree they just have great on-screen chemistry together.
    ask them this!

and tell them about your idea; rda would prob squee on the idea of doing his environmental stuff 'in' a movie too.

ASK THEM!

(and make them do a project together )

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      ask them this!

and tell them about your idea; rda would prob squee on the idea of doing his environmental stuff 'in' a movie too.

ASK THEM!

(and make them do a project together )

sally
      I don't know if I can ever visualize RDA squeeing
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sorry, Strix. I need to learn to rephrase things, I think I just meant that you're so darn good at writing Sam-whump that I was terrified!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
          sam: 'yes, he took the bait!'

teal'c: 'majorcarter?'

sam: 'uh... oh, i just noticed that somehow colonel o'neill's clothes got moved to another spot.'

teal'c: *blinks*

sam: 'colonel o'neill was taking a bath in the river, teal'c.'

teal'c: 'i am aware of this, majorcarter. but who moved colonel o'neill's clothing?'

sam: 'it wasn't me! i mean, i don't know.'

teal'c: 'and why would someone move his clothing?

(sam doesn't answer; too busy watching o'neill running buck-naked to his clothes.)
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Is that the Colonel- skinny-dipping?!?!
            hey! dirty great minds think alike!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Sorry, Strix. I need to learn to rephrase things, I think I just meant that you're so darn good at writing Sam-whump that I was terrified!
              But you summed it up perfectly, the first time
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                This is a very intriguing idea, Rachel. The ABC Family Channel seems to have a value for just that sort of programming, and they've done in a way so that non-cheesy shows are still (relatively) family friendly.

*strokes chin*

Very interesting...
                no family channel stuff!.... i want a steamy and hot make out scene between them, not the family channel version of it.

i could pretend to feel shame at this, but i'd be alyin'

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  I don't know if I can ever visualize RDA squeeing
                  i can. who wouldn't around amanda, eh?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

no family channel stuff!.... i want a steamy and hot make out scene between them, not the family channel version of it.

sally
                    Um...don't you have to pay extra for those channels sally
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      LOL! Well, if I'd had more time to finish it, I might have done more with it. As it was, the temptation was definitely there.

I was really hesitant to sign up for this ficathon because I wasn't sure I'd be able to write a story to somebody else's standards. Scari, imagine my utter glee when I received my assignment. OMG! An EXCUSE to whump Sam! WOOT!!!!
                      Hee, hee. I also guessed correctly on this one. Another excellent story Strix.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Well, the list of names is finally up for the Ficathon. I was surprised on some, I have to admit. Musings are under spoiler cuts for those who don't want to know yet.

Spoiler:

I already knew which fics Deejay, Mandy and Scari wrote. No surprises there.

"Operation Montezuma" I mentioned to Mandy that I thought Strix wrote it, but after discussing the torture scenes, Mandy mentioned that Strix would have gone further with the torture, so decided that it was Regan who wrote it, and I agreed. So, Strix, you had us fooled!

"Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile" I was convinced that Sky wrote this one. It had (in my opinion) her sense of humour, her style and so on. Others who read it also agreed with me. I also thought (given the nekkid Sam story) that the author knew me. In fact, it was written by splash_the_cat. Interesting. Very interesting.

How'd you know mine?

I don't know the writer who wrote mine.

I can't say I was surprised by any of them-I'm just too bad at trying to peg authors with their stuff to have even hazarded any guesses. I just wish I had more time to read-I'm barely two pages of posts in!

Comment

sally
                          Hey, if they're not playing Sam and Jack I don't mind them being a couple. They look good together. I don't have any particular premise in mind. Though it would be fun to make RDA a scientist as a change from SG1. Brainy and foxy. hmmm....
                          RDA & AT also can play menacing very well. Heck I'd watch anything those two were in. They seem to be friends, so if the right project came their way, I bet they'd work together. (crosses fingers for the right project)

Did I say AT's great yet today? I caught the ep. on SciFi today. I love that look she gives when O'Neill orders Sam & Daniel to guard the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            lol! And you wrote it so well I'm so pleased that my request went to such an appropriate Sam-whumpin author
                            zomg, you wrote Barbarian. And Strix wrote Operation Montezuma!! They were (out of a host of extremely good fic) my two favourite

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              RDA & AT also can play menacing very well. Heck I'd watch anything those two were in. They seem to be friends, so if the right project came their way, I bet they'd work together. (crosses fingers for the right project)
                              Can someone please ask this question at Avalon?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Hey, if they're not playing Sam and Jack I don't mind them being a couple. They look good together. I don't have any particular premise in mind. Though it would be fun to make RDA a scientist as a change from SG1. Brainy and foxy. hmmm....
                                i'd still like to see them in a The Abyss type movie.

i can't remember who's sigpic shows sam from 'prometheus', but the caption says something like 'the new magyver'. so, wouldn't it be GREAT to see a new verion of macgyver, but with a woman (amanda) as the lead? maybe mac's x-wife, who's just as smart (smarter!) and solves the problems of today...

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X