Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    OWIE!!! TEH PAIN TEH PAIN!!!

Hopefully you all got the point and will in fact start emailing me your sweet suggestions hey?
    Yep! Just as soon as I figure out how to get the latest Starlog magazine in my hot little hands...

Comment

If it's good enough for Ooobs....

Sam Carter Ficathon
      I know a lot of you are working your way through the ficathon stories, so I'd like to ask you if you could leave feedback for the authors. I was talking about this with another Samandan, and there are a lot of new writers that deserve encouragement because they have done so so well. The only disappointing thing so far is the lack of feedback on a lot of the fics. So, please, if you read a story and like it, leave a comment and thank the author and let them know what you liked. Remember, feedback not only motivates the author, but helps them improve their writing techniques as well
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Oh sweet. I'm a trendsetter.

I'm a mover.

I'm a shaker.

I'm someone IMPORTANT!

*does happy 'look at me...I'm speshul!' dance*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

O

*does happy 'look at me...I'm speshul!' dance*

"Special" is one word for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Oh yea, that's the word for it alright
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Since BIGGER on Samanda means "get seen"....

I have a wild and crazy request of my fellow Samandans. Could you please send me your BRILLIANT suggestions via email to [email protected] with the subject SUGGESTION BOX ???

You all are coming up with some great stuff and I don't want to lose any of it.

Thank you!

welcome to my life!!

everyone ignores me too, especialy when i'm dragging out the wet noodle of doom to whack the misbehaving
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If it's good enough for Ooobs....

Sam Carter Ficathon[/SIZE]
                [SIZE="5"]I know a lot of you are working your way through the ficathon stories, so I'd like to ask you if you could leave feedback for the authors. I was talking about this with another Samandan, and there are a lot of new writers that deserve encouragement because they have done so so well. The only disappointing thing so far is the lack of feedback on a lot of the fics. So, please, if you read a story and like it, leave a comment and thank the author and let them know what you liked. Remember, feedback not only motivates the author, but helps them improve their writing techniques as well
                I'm really surprised by the quality of all the stories I've read so far. I probably shouldn't be, given the participants, but I am. There's just so much good, meaty Sam stuff... great short stories, great long stories... so much intelligent dialogue and clever plot twists. I'm impressed, particularly knowing that a few people wrote their first (or nearly first) attempts at fanfic for this. I haven't been able to pick out the newcomers from the lot. I definitely want to encourage them to write more!

The blind feedback (not knowing who the author is) means a lot, too, because I think there's an additional measure of honestly in knowing that it's coming from someone who appreciates the work, rather than the writer. The names will go up next week, so I'm trying to hit everyone with feedback before then. I don't know if I'll get everything read before then, but I'm going to try.

So much Samtastic goodness!

http://community.livejournal.com/samcarterfic/

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  welcome to my life!!

everyone ignores me too, especialy when i'm dragging out the wet noodle of doom to whack the misbehaving
                  Not the WET NOODLE OF DOOM!!!!!

Jeez, where do you hide that thing when you're not smacking people with it?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Not the WET NOODLE OF DOOM!!!!!

Jeez, where do you hide that thing when you're not smacking people with it?
                    *bites lip and tries very hard not to make an un-PG comment*

Comment

rotflolol

you soooo do not want to know

that's it, i need another icon, the wet noodle of doom (the slightly wimpier cousin of the Codpiece of Doom from the super soldier)
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A belated thanks for all the happy birthday posts! It was a busy day yesterday with all the voting at celeeb. And the best present was Amanda winning the second consecutive month.

Everyone (including our fantastic allies) worked hard to pull it off. Around 10 days before the end she was 5000 votes behind #1 but we pulled ahead and then managed to hold on during the last frantic hours. Well done by all!

Comment

Hey, hey now. Don't be mocking your fellow Oooooooooooober. It not nicey.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey, hey now. Don't be mocking your fellow Oooooooooooober. It not nicey.

Fellow Ooooooooooooober? Does that make ME an Oooooooooooober too? So I'm Oooooooooober Tracy Jane? WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Fellow Ooooooooooooober? Does that make ME an Oooooooooooober too? So I'm Oooooooooober Tracy Jane? WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!
                              Nup.

I'm an original. Hence...speshul.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                welcome to my life!!

I dunno what you and Booobs are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X