Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes:
    RCtje...you were the very first person in the world to wish me a happy birthday...cool!! The kids are a bit bummed though...they thought they were the first...til I logged on!!
    Nearly Circular...that cake is awesome...I actually had a cake with my name on it ths year...and candles too...haven't had that in years! Oh yeah...congrats on your milestone...700 posts!!
    LAD...I is very pleased that Amanda made it again this month!!
    Scarimor
    Kazan
    broken heart
    Chopin Gal
    Mandy sg1...that koala is gorgeous...that's so gonna be me next Monday and Tuesday...2 glorious days off!! Yay!!

Yep...this was by far the best birthday in ages!!
    Well...better get to bed..thanks again everyone...take care and be safe!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i agree. i know it's a bit hypocritical since i have posted my last fics at ff.net in chapters (and i know why peopel do it, you get more feedback that way. dole the story out over days you get feed for each part, post it complete and you get nothing) but i literally will not read fic on ff.net that i see in several chapters.

i dont' read online. I c/p into word and read off line. and i'm not gonna wade through 29 2 page chapters just to read the story. I either wait until i can find it complete or i just dont' bother to read it
      Yeah the same with me because of dialup I don't read on line anymore either, ff.net is difficult to read through. It's hypocritical of me too since I always post there or GW (when it's working). I don't know anywhere else to post.

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      I'm more apt to read if it's posted by chapters. I rarely look anywhere but ff.net for fic unless I'm desperate! It stinks when something is not complete, but when I see big chunks of words, I run the other way unless it catches my attention from the get go. I usually end up skimming long fics unless it's REALLY good.
      I use to be this way too. I used to run from long fic. Now I love long fics (okay I know my last fic was only 5 pages, so obviously I love short fics too ) or long books. My English teacher would be so proud!

Comment

Since BIGGER on Samanda means "get seen"....

I have a wild and crazy request of my fellow Samandans. Could you please send me your BRILLIANT suggestions via email to [email protected] with the subject SUGGESTION BOX ???

You all are coming up with some great stuff and I don't want to lose any of it.

Thank you!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I have a wild and crazy request of my fellow Samandans. Could you please send me your BRILLIANT suggestions via email to [email protected] with the subject SUGGESTION BOX ???

Thank you!

what? Can someone see what über just worte??? I can't lol

you know Über some of us need to think about that!!!
          ***thinking, thinking, thinking*** nope I got nothing

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
            what? Can someone see what über just worte??? I can't lol

you know Über some of us need to think about that!!!
            ***thinking, thinking, thinking*** nope I got nothing
            *CONTINUES THWAPPING RCtje WITH A FEATHER!!!!!!!*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

*CONTINUES THWAPPING RCtje WITH A FEATHER!!!!!!!*

A feather What happened to the wet noodle
              (or did TJ use it up on you )
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Wet noodle on one person, FEATHER on RCtje.

Comment

Put the noise in spoiler tags...

Spoiler:

Thank you!

sheesh, Oob, I hope no one has a hangover this morning
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Well as long is it isn't a moose I am happy lol

No to be serious here for a moment...yes i can do that from time to time... I will certainly mail you after the weekend about it über...just let me think about it a bit!

Comment

Happy Birthday chelle db!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday, chelle db!
                        Hope you got a chance to spoil yourself rotten!!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                          Put the noise in spoiler tags...

sheesh, Oob, I hope no one has a hangover this morning
                          Be glad with what I presented because I considered making the text this color.

Comment

Be glad with what I presented because I considered making the text this color.
                            You?!?!?!?!

Posting something in colors that hurt teh eyez??!?!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              You?!?!?!?!

Posting something in colors that hurt teh eyez??!?!
                              OWIE!!! TEH PAIN TEH PAIN!!!

Hopefully you all got the point and will in fact start emailing me your sweet suggestions hey?

Comment

Originally posted by aske
                                I've read thousands of fics over the years. Some really really good ones and some that really have .... issues.... The only thing that keeps me from reading someone's fic is when the author notes scream 'Feed Me, Feed Me, or else.'

What little writing I did, I never expected or demanded FB. Though I greatly appreciated any given. I wrote because it was fun to be part of something and share an idea with others.

I've seen so many authors lately that demand feedback or they won't write any more. Personally, I hope they don't write anymore. Maybe I have the wrong idea of why people should write fic, but to demand attention by others or else certainly isn't one of them......
                                Have to say I absolutely agree with you. There's nothing that puts me off more than an author at the end of the chapter saying 'review if you want more' or 'I won't post the next chapter until I get x number of reviews' - I'm more likely to walk away from it entirely because of that.

I have to admit I post primarily on fanfiction.net because it was the first site I really discovered for fanfiction and I started off writing Airwolf fanfic.

I admit on the chapters versus long stories discussion that when I looked at posting my Stargate 'A Pond With No Fish' fic, even though my story was complete I decided to post in chapters every couple of days. My reasoning for this was because the front page of the Stargate stories on ff moved and updated so fast that it was unlikely anyone would see my completed story for long enough to get to read it! In order to build up a readership I figured the only way to do that was to attempt to keep it in the first couple of pages every day and the way to do it was through the chapters.

But since I discovered GW I do post on GW too (when the fanfic uploader is working) so people have a choice about what format and which site.

By the way, have I mentioned what a great character Sam is...
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X