Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    There are less than seven hours to go for this months celeeb poll. Amanda is in the lead, but that lead is falling fast.

I know the new system is a pain but any votes would be a lot of help.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
    I would, but the new system is against me & won't let me vote.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Thanks for trying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would be a lovely belated birthday present for Amanda-and I'm sure chelle and SamFan would like it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        how about folks say 'i'd like the graphics to be like this site.....but with this, this and this tweaked'

give examples
        Good point. If you know of other fan sites that you like the layout and sections, provide them as examples of what you like.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Is it not letting you log in or are the numbers not loading during the voting periods?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Good point. If you know of other fan sites that you like the layout and sections, provide them as examples of what you like.
            I would prefer something simple devided in categories? Like challenges, song fics, long fics, H/C, team,.... that sort of thing. But trying to keep it simple and easily accesable for every age.

The design is set up already? Otherwise I would recommend a two color sheme or different Sam/Amanda pictures as a background.
            You have a link to fanfiction and therein again links to the different things I mentioned earlier.
            Or you could do something like directly having different links for:
            1. Fanfiction with there in the different categories we all know (romance, H/C, adventure,...)
            2. Challenges with there you got *challenges, *plot bunnies & *responses
            3. Authors list: alphabetical
            4. Fic recs: again devided in categories (H/C, romance,.....)

The stories should be written black on white. Easy to read and not to difficult on the eyes.

For the arty side it depends. If we are making two different sites then we should put a link to artworks and devide that in different parts (icons, banners, walls).
            For each category you could use one color with some sort of patern in it. Or again a picture as background as it is more 'art-connected'. Try to use the same logical way as with the fics. So it's easier and you're not to 'dissorientated' when you change page.

Hope I helped a bit. I understand this may be too difficult but it's just some gently little push if you need one

Comment

i really like how theamandatappingclub.net has their art page set up; different categories for stuff and other things like that.

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
              My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
              My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
              My Stargate Videos
              It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
                i really like how theamandatappingclub.net has their art page set up; different categories for stuff and other things like that.
                Yep. It's soft and well devided. Something like that could be good but with a personal touch to it of course

Comment

perhaps the artwork being in a gallery of thumbnails with title, size and the such below it

it can be sorted a coupel of differentn ways

page for each type
                  lj icons
                  gw icons
                  aim/yim icons
                  walls
                  gifs
                  banners

this might work better initially

of course it can also be sorted into teh sub categories of gen/team, sam, ship - any and all pairings or the genre can just be ignored until we have enough to be worth sorting out

we could also, if we end up only haveing a handful of graphics folks, give each person his/her own page and let them upload whatever they make
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Everyone-Here is a poll that was announced over on LJ's SG1 com. It's a favorite/least favorite kind of thing.

Vote for Sam!

Comment

I just put in my last vote of the day for Amanda. Night all

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        here's a crazy idea of fixing the probs for us. and 'us' being the original team fans and sam fans.

remember, this is basically crazy...

Spoiler:
                        while on a mission, they come across a device. upon investigation (which means sam tinkering with it ), it's found out that it's a type of time travel device. and upon further tinkering, sam realizes that it's close to the quantum mirror, in that it can distinguish between realities. and then sam realizes that...

the reality they're presently living through is wrong. that the events in 'moebius' didn't fix the time line properly.

so sam and co decide to set things straight again.

OR.

they find a device that'll let them erase the last few months, so that they never meet the ori. or at least sends them back in time so that when the ori meeting would have taken place, it doesn't this time. so sam, daniel, and teal'c make sure this time not to disband sg1. vala still shows up, but daniel immediately explains what would have happened and makes sure it doesn't this time. and mitchell is given another team to command, which vala wants to join so she can try a relationship with daniel. (daniel says nope ).

*i* want to erase season 9 (and 10), so i'm trying to find a way of doing it.
                        Wow! Sally.... you *are* a mind reader... it's really, really... spooky... because what you've outlined is dead-on to the scenario that's been playing in my mind.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't think that they'd ever do it, but I *really* like the idea of going back to the 'no fish are supposed to be in that pond' issue - and then using to to 'explain' Seasons 9 and 10 as AU.
                        Love ReganX's idea as well!
                        Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by ReganX
                        I posted this on the Anti-Season Ten thread. This scenario would suit me.

A time travel episode could work - and even if it didn't, I'd forgive them the cheesiness if it meant that things would be improved afterwards - and "Moebius, Part 2" provided them with an opportunity.

Perhaps the Ori could overwhelm Earth and one of the Ancients (I know Oma's busy but any Ancient Would do) could appear to SG-1 (or even just one member of the team) and tell them that this wasn't the way it was supposed to happen. The timeline was screwed up. Vala and Daniel were never supposed to encounter the Ori and lead them to this galaxy. In the original timeline, the Ori were to go to a different galaxy where they would encounter an extremely advanced race who would wipe the floor with them. The Ancients can't/won't interfere with the fight with the Ori but as the problem with the timeline was caused by an Ancient device and a descendant of the Ancients, they can exploit a loophole in their rules and offer SG-1 the chance to hit the reset button.

There's a catch, though - isn't there always? While hitting the reset button will prevent the Ori posing a threat to Earth, the Ancients can't guarantee what will happen in the reset timeline, to SG-1 or to anyone else. It is possible that a new, worse enemy could do even more damage to the galaxy than the Ori would have. SG-1 (or one character) have to make the decision on behalf of the whole galaxy.

Given that the Ori are inches away from wiping out Earth, SG-1 agrees to the reset. Next thing they know, they're sitting in the briefing room with Landry (or Jack if RDA can be brought back) who tells Sam that her team is cleared to travel to P9E-222 or wherever at 0900 the next day. SG-1 look a bit disoriented for a second but they recover quickly and continue as though nothing out of the ordinary has happened - they no longer remember a thing about the Ori, or the past couple of years, their memories are of what should have happened.

As they are leaving, Landry/Jack wishes "Major Mitchell" the best of luck on his first mission.

Comment

Samantha Carter. A name that we all know to well. A name that gives us hope and strength along with the courage to face our fears. I have grown quite fond of this character because she is what I want to be. As a soldier, it gives me goals to reach, that if I can do what she does for her fellow commrades than I to one day can step up to a full bird or maybe even a one star. She is by far a great role model for women and even men. In the seasons she has grown and along with us has become wiser and stronger.
                          IMHO she is one of the best female characters that tv has ever given us.

To Amanda it takes a strong person to make a strong character, thank you.
                          Just my input on THE Samantha Carter.

Flyin First Class As Always
                          DK

Comment

Originally posted by DeathKneeler
                            Samantha Carter. A name that we all know to well. A name that gives us hope and strength along with the courage to face our fears. I have grown quite fond of this character because she is what I want to be. As a soldier, it gives me goals to reach, that if I can do what she does for her fellow commrades than I to one day can step up to a full bird or maybe even a one star. She is by far a great role model for women and even men. In the seasons she has grown and along with us has become wiser and stronger.
                            IMHO she is one of the best female characters that tv has ever given us.

To Amanda it takes a strong person to make a strong character, thank you.
                            Just my input on THE Samantha Carter.
                            Agreed. Sam is such an awesome character/ role model.

She's a strong female lead without being well, stupid...
                            my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Last call for voters!
                              There is a little over an hour left and we are only 430 ahead. If you can spare time to vote, it would be appreciated. I hope we can hold on to our lead and celebrate AT being #1 two months in a row...a nice thought, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                                Last call for voters!
                                There is a little over an hour left and we are only 430 ahead. If you can spare time to vote, it would be appreciated. I hope we can hold on to our lead and celebrate AT being #1 two months in a row...a nice thought, huh?
                                And a nice belated birthday present for AT.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X