No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam, Aeyrn Sun, and Ivanova absolutely rock in my book.

Ah the good ole days...
    Frak! --Apollo
    Frak you. --Cain
    FRAK Me! --Kat
    frakwit! --Tyrol
    B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      Season Nine was the first season I watched on TV. I was introduced to the show via DVDs barely a year ago.
      It was Stargate Mondays for me. Oh, how I miss them. Nine was also the first season I saw live.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        I dont think I have mentioned lately what a great character Carter is.
        Right up there with Ivonova, Riply, Sarah Conner, Aryn Sun, Dr Crusher. Though her and Ivonova were by far the best... though Aryn was right there... but season 4 kind of killed it a bit for me. Unfortunatly I had not yet developed my cool new ability to completely ignore eps and entire seasons that work to destroy certain characters.
        Sadly, I only recognize Sarah Conner and Aryn(and only that b/c SG). I guess the others may be from Star Trek? I've never even watched an episode of any version of ST.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Sadly, I only recognize Sarah Conner and Aryn(and only that b/c SG). I guess the others may be from Star Trek? I've never even watched an episode of any version of ST.
          Crusher was the only Star Trek reference.

Lt Commander Susan Ivonova was a awesome character on Babylon 5 for S1-4.
          Ripley... Ellen Ripley the great Alien killer from the Alien movies.

EDIT: A year or so back someone in one of those TV mags did a Best Women in Scifi feature. Sam Carter was #1 and Ivonova was #2.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
            I haven't decided yet whether to post.

Right now I'm leaning towards not posting. I personally don't think it should be saved. SG-1 is over, it has been since the end of S8. SGC Command starring Vala/Cam doesn't interest me, and I don't see it happening any other way. I don't trust that any mini-series or TV movie will focus on SG-1 as I think it should be, so I really don't see what there is to save.

That being said, I don't have a problem with those who want to try and save it. I just don't seem to have the energy or the inclination to add my voice to the mix.
            see, i have no doubts whatsoever that sg1 still has life in it, i just don't want this rendition with mitchell and vala. i'm hoping that the ptb see this, and use the winning and popular formula (sam-daniel-teal'c-jack) with the movies or mini series. when i can find out what the ptb have in mind for their future... i'll only work to save it if it's the sg1 of seasons 1-8. that's it.

if there's movie(s), i'm realistic that mitchell and vala would 'have' to be in the first one, but just the first one. or if they continue, make 'them' the supporting players.

and i swear, if scifi is butting heads with mgm just so they'll lower their price, and we get that season 11 anyways...

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

From one Royal Elder to another ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMFAN31

You often lurk
              But never shirk
              What happens on this thread

You've been with us
              Through thick and thin
              As loyal as Rin-Tin-Tin (Elders will know the reference)

You have been such a great fan in support of Carter
              You even created her special 'copter!

So take the day off and celebrate
              A birthday sweet and stay up late
              Play some cards and reminisce
              Past times in Samanda, Samanda bliss

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                Someone should spank him/her.

*snickers because she KNOWS who the author is and has a feeling that the author would like that...
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Remember a while back when we were discussing a possible spin-off with Sam commanding a ship? I think it was in May.

Does anyone else want to use the idea or is it okay if a friend and I use it? We were thinking of making a kind of virtual season in story form out of Stargate: Athena.
                  As long as I get to read it, I say go for it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AGateFan

I dont think I have mentioned lately what a great character Carter is.
                    Right up there with Ivonova, Riply, Sarah Conner, Aryn Sun, Dr Crusher. Though her and Ivonova were by far the best... though Aryn was right there... but season 4 kind of killed it a bit for me. Unfortunatly I had not yet developed my cool new ability to completely ignore eps and entire seasons that work to destroy certain characters.

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    pssssst, it's AEryn.

Yeah, Sam ranks up there for me as well. I'd have to say it's Aeryn, Sam, Vala for me atm. The others are great as well, but A, S, V are my favs of all time.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      and i swear, if scifi is butting heads with mgm just so they'll lower their price, and we get that season 11 anyways...

sally
                      Oooh. Hadn't thought of that. Yikes!
                      sigpic

Comment

I have to agree Sam, Aeyren, but don't forget Mac (from JAG) and Scully (from X-files)
                        But still my number one is SAM!!!!

Ok I am still reading the lovely fics!! they are all so great!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU to all who were in it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          More Samficathon story pimpage:

I made a difficult request, an AU in which Germany and Japan won WWII. Somebody did a lot of research to put the story together. It's a bit grim, which I expected from such a scenario, but there's Sam/Janet friendship. And whumping! Lots of Sam whumping! No idea who wrote it, but I think they did a great job given the setting.

Land of the Setting Sun
                          http://community.livejournal.com/sam...fic/16095.html
                          this was the first fic i saved to read.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                            I pimped the Sam ficathon on another thread and forgot to do so here - apparently I'm delerious with overwhelming ficness...

I can only swoon and drool today. All that Samfic...

And I am delighted with the fic that was written for me - so much so that I have to pimp it: Operation Montezuma

Whoever you are, thank you!
                            another fic i saved.

and i read (skip read) the large one...

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                              I have to agree Sam, Aeyren, but don't forget Mac (from JAG) and Scully (from X-files)
                              Scully rocked before they de-Scully-fied her!!!
                              Frak! --Apollo
                              Frak you. --Cain
                              FRAK Me! --Kat
                              frakwit! --Tyrol
                              B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                I'm with you. SG1 was really over at the end of S8. What we got in S9 & 10 IMHO was not the "real" show. As much as I've enjoyed some great AT moments, the show has been a shadow of its former self--in large part b/c of the way the original cast/characters were treated.
                                I want AT to have the chance to go on and do something new and challenging and exciting for her. And as a fan, I want to see her in other roles too.
                                I'm ready to let the show go. I'm not in favor of taking extreme measures to keep it breathing without there really being life there.
                                it's so hard for me to do this, even though i'm relieved it's been canceled. (i literally go into every epsode now, waiting to see what damage they will do to sam carter. this started in season 9)

with sam carter, there's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many more stories to tell with her! my god, if WE could write the sam character....

i totally believe that something happens to writers of long running shows. i think they can't see the forest for the trees anymore. look what the star trek next gen guys did to the star trek franchise.

i really don't know what else to say, other than *something* has got to change.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X