No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually having fun trying to figure out who wrote what. I have sneaking suspicions on a few.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
      I'm actually having fun trying to figure out who wrote what. I have sneaking suspicions on a few.
      Dang. This could be very interesting...

Comment

I know a few. I know Barbarian, Fortitude and Overcoming as well as a few others. I have a suspicion about the one that was written for me. But I can't WAIT for the author list to confirm the suspicions.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Me too - I know who wrote Land of the Setting Sun but I'm having to make educated / not-so-educated / utterly wild guesses about the others. It's great fun!
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
            Thanks! yeah it is the same story posted yesterday. I'm glad you liked it.

As far as a sequel ...
            Spoiler:
            maybe. the idea for now is it would be set at the end of s8 and Sam would be more of the focused character.

Thanks again!!
            Nicely done. Thanks for alerting us. I think you got Cassie down well.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
              Me too - I know who wrote Land of the Setting Sun but I'm having to make educated / not-so-educated / utterly wild guesses about the others. It's great fun!
              Hmmm? I think I know the author of that one too Great story
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Hmmm? I think I know the author of that one too Great story
                Yeah. You know what? I don't think that author's been very discrete, have they?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Yeah. You know what? I don't think that author's been very discrete, have they?
                  When does the author list come out? There are some great stories over there. I have only been able to read a couple of fics so far and they have been well written! Thanks to all those that submitted their work.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    A bit OT but while I'm here, has anyone posted yet at the new Save Stargate SG1 website? I'm asking because I had a moment to read some of the first posts there and no one brought up the opinions that many of us shared here about "lack of respect for the original cast" and the whole way the transition to S9 was handled. No one except a fan called "grammadebbie". Her post caught my attention. However, before I added my own thoughts and feelings I decided to come back here and check if my fellow Samandans are going to add their opinions at the "Save" board.

I know Astro and I have tossed this around a lot in private emails, but we both feel strongly that Stargate SG1 shouldn't and cannot be saved. If the show returns, name it correctly: SGC. It will never be SG1 again - they threw the baby out with the bath water in S9 and S10 and that contributed to the slide in ratings (in our humble opinions).
                    I'm with you. SG1 was really over at the end of S8. What we got in S9 & 10 IMHO was not the "real" show. As much as I've enjoyed some great AT moments, the show has been a shadow of its former self--in large part b/c of the way the original cast/characters were treated.
                    I want AT to have the chance to go on and do something new and challenging and exciting for her. And as a fan, I want to see her in other roles too.
                    I'm ready to let the show go. I'm not in favor of taking extreme measures to keep it breathing without there really being life there.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      When does the author list come out? There are some great stories over there. I have only been able to read a couple of fics so far and they have been well written! Thanks to all those that submitted their work.
                      Next Tuesday. It's *supposed* to all be secret til then. But due to the delay with fics going up, there have been a few underhand deals and teasers and a few second/third betas to "triple check" that the story's good to go

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        *curses school and dies*

Agh! I've heard so much about this ficathon, but I have no idea where to go (or when I'm gonna have a chance to read them - most likely, if I start, I won't be able to stop ).

How many fics were submitted to this lovely LJ?
                        Ha, ha--me too. I'm back into the fray next week. So my students don't get their papers back in a timely fashion--I've got *important* reading to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Ha, ha--me too. I'm back into the fray next week. So my students don't get their papers back in a timely fashion--I've got *important* reading to do.
                          Wonders if jckfann will making papers like this: aura its Ori silly
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I just started to read all the fics that is on it and I have the idea that will not be in bed early tonight...Cause I want to read them all...This is way to addictive but it is a good addiction. I only can say the 2 stories I have read, I really enjoyed...I think everyone who participated did a wonderfull job...

So to everyone who participated a really big THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

Have to say that I'm loving the Sam ficathon. Already spent a lot of time reading today. Kudos to everyone who took part.
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Uh oh Now we have to get Sunny off the floor Amanda and Claudia in the same pic, poor Sunny will never be able to get that grin off her face

Silly Mandy, I'm not on the floor.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X