Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Uh oh Now we have to get Sunny off the floor Amanda and Claudia in the same pic, poor Sunny will never be able to get that grin off her face
    Meh. Let's leave her there (and AD, and Myrth) and give Ooobs and Nekoi the opportunity to scrounge up some more pics. Just for fun.

For some reason, I'd love to watch them all squirm in sync.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi
      We did several takes, & Amanda was asked to adlib it. She decided to be goofy & told us a few jokes, including the following:
      <snip>

Of course, Martin Wood got frustrated (jokingly, of course) & bopped her over the head with the script, exclaiming "JOLINAR DOESN'T SWEAR! THE TOK'RA DON'T SWEAR!"
      Neko! You are the Greatest! Nekoi! Ever!
      Thank you!

Seriously, you made my night. Those jokes are so very corny and so very funny -- esp. when you match it up with AT's silent performance on-screen.

You got to be an extra in an Martin Wood-directed AT-scene, complete with ad-libs. I shall envy you and all your kin for evermore.

and congratulations for getting AT to do your favourite line.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! That's really awesome, & I'm glad to be able to join you all!

We did several takes, & Amanda was asked to adlib it. She decided to be goofy & told us a few jokes, including the following:

"A pirate walks into a bar with one of those steering wheels down his pants. The bartender looks at him & says 'Hey.. you have a steering wheel in your pants.'
        The Pirate looks at him & says 'YARR & IT BE DRIVIN ME NUTS!'"

"A batch of muffins were sitting in the oven. One muffin looks at the one next to it & says 'My, it's sure hot in here.'
        The other muffin turns to him & says 'HOLY $#@%! A TALKING MUFFIN!'"

Of course, Martin Wood got frustrated (jokingly, of course) & bopped her over the head with the script, exclaiming "JOLINAR DOESN'T SWEAR! THE TOK'RA DON'T SWEAR!"

XD It was really funny.

I believe they went with the muffin take for the final product, but I managed to get her to do a take with my favourite Sam line.

"It took us 15 years & 2 super computers to Macgyver us a system for the stargate on earth."

She was impressed that I suggested that. XD

Here's another picture for you all, out of my personal onset collection:

Enjoy. :3
        Wow naughty,naughty Amanda, but loves her anyway for making me laugh!
        I like that pic and hoping to see some really strong scenes between these two very strong actresses.
        Thanks for shareing with us
        ......TARA......

Comment

Ahaha thanks guys.^^ I'll post more in the future.

I'm sorry for causing trouble with that pic... & hopefully Sunny will recover from their Thunkonflooritis. hehe

Someone mentioned Amanda in a female-Indiana-Jones-esque project? I must say, that would be the PERFECT part for her! I'd love to see that.

Comment

Hi, I'm a friend of Oober. She drafted me from the Sony boards so I could experience more nice SG-1/Sam fans like her!^^

She asked me to share a picture from the time I was an extra on episode 200. :O
            I hope it's okay... ;__;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55...Picture007.jpg

She was very nice, & I honestly tell you know, she's exactly the person you love.^^
            Welcome to Samanda! You certainly must have had a blast

Comment

I'm sorry for causing trouble with that pic... & hopefully Sunny will recover from their Thunkonflooritis. hehe

Someone mentioned Amanda in a female-Indiana-Jones-esque project? I must say, that would be the PERFECT part for her! I'd love to see that.
              gawd so would I.

by mercscilla at LiveJournal

Thanks for the AT/CB pic and the AT jokes, nekoi
              scarimor

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! That's really awesome, & I'm glad to be able to join you all!

"A pirate walks into a bar with one of those steering wheels down his pants. The bartender looks at him & says 'Hey.. you have a steering wheel in your pants.'

"A batch of muffins were sitting in the oven. One muffin looks at the one next to it & says 'My, it's sure hot in here.'

XD It was really funny.

I believe they went with the muffin take for the final product, but I managed to get her to do a take with my favourite Sam line.

"It took us 15 years & 2 super computers to Macgyver us a system for the stargate on earth."

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55...Picture003.jpg
                Thanks for that nekoi...the pic is awesome & her jokes are great...I hadn't heard those ones before...man...where have I been??
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

XD It was really funny.

Oy, thanks for sharing that, sounds liek a wonderful time!
                  (and woohoo! lovely picture.)
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Night all...it's too quiet here!!!
                    Take care everyone and be safe!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

welcome, sorry its a bit late . I'd love to see Amanda do that kind of role, I think she'd be great, but im sure she'll be great in whatever she does.

i got my season 7 box set this morning. Yay. Now working my way through all the eps.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Uh oh Now we have to get Sunny off the floor Amanda and Claudia in the same pic, poor Sunny will never be able to get that grin off her face
                        neither will AD
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi, I'm a friend of Oober. She drafted me from the Sony boards so I could experience more nice SG-1/Sam fans like her!^^

She asked me to share a picture from the time I was an extra on episode 200. :O
                          I hope it's okay... ;__;

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55...Picture007.jpg

She was very nice, & I honestly tell you know, she's exactly the person you love.^^
                          Welcome to Samanda, nekoi! It's great to hear about your personal experience with Amanda. Lucky lucky you!

MajorSam, our oft-absent President of Samanda, had also shared her photos and times with AT on and off set and it was a real treat. I seem to recall her saying that AT can mix it up with the boys on occasion ... jokes and strong language and all that. LOL Just another dimension to our Queen's persona! She's the real thing.

Please share more photos if you can. Thanks!

Comment

A bit OT but while I'm here, has anyone posted yet at the new Save Stargate SG1 website? I'm asking because I had a moment to read some of the first posts there and no one brought up the opinions that many of us shared here about "lack of respect for the original cast" and the whole way the transition to S9 was handled. No one except a fan called "grammadebbie". Her post caught my attention. However, before I added my own thoughts and feelings I decided to come back here and check if my fellow Samandans are going to add their opinions at the "Save" board.

I know Astro and I have tossed this around a lot in private emails, but we both feel strongly that Stargate SG1 shouldn't and cannot be saved. If the show returns, name it correctly: SGC. It will never be SG1 again - they threw the baby out with the bath water in S9 and S10 and that contributed to the slide in ratings (in our humble opinions).

So is it valid to post these kinds of opinions at a website that is conducting a "save the show" campaign?

I still applaud "grammadebbie" for her post though. She's probably going to be a voice crying in the wilderness and totally lambasted by the fans who are quite happy about the current show and eager to maintain the new status quo.

Personally, I'm happy that AT will now be able to flex her acting muscles elsewhere. I'd love to see Amanda doing an "Indiana Jones" movie or telemovie, but I'm hoping it would be a female Indiana Jones as the starring role rather than a sidekick to another alpha male.

Comment

I haven't decided yet whether to post.

Right now I'm leaning towards not posting. I personally don't think it should be saved. SG-1 is over, it has been since the end of S8. SGC Command starring Vala/Cam doesn't interest me, and I don't see it happening any other way. I don't trust that any mini-series or TV movie will focus on SG-1 as I think it should be, so I really don't see what there is to save.

That being said, I don't have a problem with those who want to try and save it. I just don't seem to have the energy or the inclination to add my voice to the mix.
                              sigpic

Comment

what you guys post is up to you and the site admin

I personally am not going to campaign. Now, if i knew that s9 and 10 and all its changes came from skiffy and IF the show got moved to a new network tehy'd go back to what i consider to be teh last truly great season - which was six - then i might feel different.

but right now they're not making a show that i necessarily enjoy, thus why should i fight to save it? especially after months of TPTB telling me - and anyone that complains - that we're just people with issues and that we're too stupid to see how great the show is??

BUT

If anyone else wants to, go for it. I don't have the rights to tell you not to. It's your time and money and effort and i have no right to tell you how to spend it.

which is why i'm not too crazy about folks telling folks not to campaign. respect their choices.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X