pbbbbtttttt
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here is the original article on the furure of Stargate

Breaking News: The Stargate May Reopen
              by Ileane Rudolph

Richard Dean Anderson, Stargate SG-1

While Stargate SG-1 fans are already gathering signatures to petition Sci Fi Channel to pull a 7th Heaven move and un-cancel the veteran series, it probably ain't going to happen, folks. However, there are some signs of life in the show and it's not just the MMO (massive multiplayer online) game that is due out in the fourth quarter of 2007 and that MGM, which owns the Stargate franchise, is sinking $40-50 million into. While executive producer Brad Wright tells TV Guide his "dream is to take SG-1 back to the feature it began as," we are now hearing that MGM may produce a series of TV-movies based on the mother-ship series.
              "From MGM's perspective, we don't view SG-1 as a television series, we view it as a franchise, and one with a lot of vibrant life," says studio spokesman Jeff Pryor. "The fan base is fiercely loyal."
              And like that other space-opera franchise with the word "star," there's talk of those movies launching another Stargate spin-off series. "There's absolutely no reason in the world there couldn't be and won't be another series that takes part in the Stargate universe," confirms Wright, who admits he's "disappointed" that Sci Fi didn't wait to see if the return of beloved original cast member Richard Dean Anderson lifted ratings before the network lowered the boom.
              Pondering the idea of at least one movie, Wright says that the show's finale — the last 10 episodes should begin unspooling around March — "should be a very satisfying end to the season, but not necessarily an end to SG-1 by any means."
              <snip>

"Frankly, when we put [Stargate] Atlantis on the air," says Stern, "the intent was that SG-1 would go off the air, but they did such a great job of reinvigorating [it], we thought, why take it off the air? Now is the time to do it." But although they canceled the show, Stern says the network is open to discussing Stargate-based movies. "We love this franchise," he tells us. "If there are other ways to explore this world, we're certainly open to it. This is not the end of our journey with Stargate by any means."

Joanne

snipped with a reminder, please don't repost articles in thier entirety.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 24 August 2006, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61
                Here is the original article on the furure of Stargate

Breaking News: The Stargate May Reopen
                by Ileane Rudolph

Richard Dean Anderson, Stargate SG-1

While Stargate SG-1 fans are already gathering signatures to petition Sci Fi Channel to pull a 7th Heaven move and un-cancel the veteran series, it probably ain't going to happen, folks. However, there are some signs of life in the show and it's not just the MMO (massive multiplayer online) game that is due out in the fourth quarter of 2007 and that MGM, which owns the Stargate franchise, is sinking $40-50 million into. While executive producer Brad Wright tells TV Guide his "dream is to take SG-1 back to the feature it began as," we are now hearing that MGM may produce a series of TV-movies based on the mother-ship series.
                "From MGM's perspective, we don't view SG-1 as a television series, we view it as a franchise, and one with a lot of vibrant life," says studio spokesman Jeff Pryor. "The fan base is fiercely loyal."
                And like that other space-opera franchise with the word "star," there's talk of those movies launching another Stargate spin-off series. "There's absolutely no reason in the world there couldn't be and won't be another series that takes part in the Stargate universe," confirms Wright, who admits he's "disappointed" that Sci Fi didn't wait to see if the return of beloved original cast member Richard Dean Anderson lifted ratings before the network lowered the boom.
                Pondering the idea of at least one movie, Wright says that the show's finale — the last 10 episodes should begin unspooling around March — "should be a very satisfying end to the season, but not necessarily an end to SG-1 by any means."
                <snip>

"Frankly, when we put [Stargate] Atlantis on the air," says Stern, "the intent was that SG-1 would go off the air, but they did such a great job of reinvigorating [it], we thought, why take it off the air? Now is the time to do it." But although they canceled the show, Stern says the network is open to discussing Stargate-based movies. "We love this franchise," he tells us. "If there are other ways to explore this world, we're certainly open to it. This is not the end of our journey with Stargate by any means."

Joanne

snipped with a reminder, please don't repost articles in thier entirety.
                Ok! So are they going to go with TV movies, or the Big Screen. I'd go for the Big Screen!
                Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

My fellow Samandans I hate to leave you...but I must. I'm doing the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk starting tomorrow and won't be back until Monday.

I hope everyone has a frellin'tastic weekend and I'll be back Monday!

btw, if you see me on MSN tomorrow, DO NOT pm me...I won't be online...but my puter at work has it and it might/might not sign on in the morning when they turn my puter on.

*wanders out thinking "What did I get myself into with this 60 miles in 3 days thing?...
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                    My fellow Samandans I hate to leave you...but I must. I'm doing the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk starting tomorrow and won't be back until Monday.

btw, if you see me on MSN tomorrow, DO NOT pm me...I won't be online...but my puter at work has it and it might/might not sign on in the morning when they turn my puter on.

*wanders out thinking "What did I get myself into with this 60 miles in 3 days thing?...
                    Good luck and have fun Sunny
                    *Hmmm? wonders if Sunny will be sitting in front of her computer on Monday with her feet up on the desk *
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It is way too quiet tonight! Let's play a game. Question in spoilers since it relates to 200.
                      Spoiler:
                      There were so many funny parodies in 200, and AT was great in them. Can anyone think of a parody that should have been in the episode? What part would AT play and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                        It is way too quiet tonight! Let's play a game. Question in spoilers since it relates to 200.
                        Spoiler:
                        There were so many funny parodies in 200, and AT was great in them. Can anyone think of a parody that should have been in the episode? What part would AT play and why?
                        Spoiler:
                        How about Scully from 'The X-Files'? Not original, I know...but I don't watch a lot of TV. I wish they could have done a Star Wars parody...I guess she'd be Leia. Does it have to be Sci-Fi?

Comment

Wow! Good Luck. There isn't any in my area, but I always wanted to take part in one. Here there is only a five mile walk and I'm winded by the end... 20 miles a day They would be picking me up before the end. Thanks so much for contributing to such a great cause. I hope you trained for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                            Spoiler:
                            Can anyone think of a parody that should have been in the episode? What part would AT play and why?
                            Spoiler:
                            GILLIGAN'S ISLAND!!!!11!!1!

Carter would be The Professor, of course. Why? Because these are some of the things The Professor accomplished while on the isle (courtesy of Wikipedia):
                            • fashioned a pedal-powered washing machine and dentist's drill
                            • made a bamboo telescope, record player, hypodermic needle, geiger counter, and padlock, stethoscope
                            • used hypnosis to cure The Skipper of amnesia
                            • developed a phosphorus dye which Gilligan drank and became a human lighthouse bulb
                            • created a forge for melting metal to make an anchor
                            • made a telephone to attach to an international underwater telephone cable
                            • concocted a potion to cure Gilligan's inverted vision problem (but caused him to see multiple images instead)
                            • invented a lie detector to find out the identity of Mrs Howell's secret admirer

• determined that an occupied Gemini spacecraft would pass directly over the island, and built a large bamboo generator to boost the power of a Morse code transmitter he created. The generator was powered by 4 castaway-pedaled unicycles.

Now tell me that ain't Carter!

HEY! Trivia! Ep 1.19: "Kurt Russell was the Jungle Boy, a lad found living in the jungle. They accidentally sent him back to civilization alone in a homemade balloon before they finished teaching him English."
                            Last edited by DEM; 24 August 2006, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Have fun Sunny, and walk like mad!!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                Spoiler:
                                GILLIGAN'S ISLAND!!!!11!!1!

Carter would be The Professor, of course. Why? Because these are some of the things The Professor accomplished while on the isle (courtesy of Wikipedia):
                                • fashioned a pedal-powered washing machine and dentist's drill
                                • made a bamboo telescope, record player, hypodermic needle, geiger counter, and padlock, stethoscope
                                • used hypnosis to cure The Skipper of amnesia
                                • developed a phosphorus dye which Gilligan drank and became a human lighthouse bulb
                                • created a forge for melting metal to make an anchor
                                • made a telephone to attach to an international underwater telephone cable
                                • concocted a potion to cure Gilligan's inverted vision problem (but caused him to see multiple images instead)
                                • invented a lie detector to find out the identity of Mrs Howell's secret admirer

• determined that an occupied Gemini spacecraft would pass directly over the island, and built a large bamboo generator to boost the power of a Morse code transmitter he created. The generator was powered by 4 castaway-pedaled unicycles.

Now tell me that ain't Carter!

HEY! Trivia! Ep 1.19: "Kurt Russell was the Jungle Boy, a lad found living in the jungle. They accidentally sent him back to civilization alone in a homemade balloon before they finished teaching him English."
                                Spoiler:
                                That's a good one! That parody would have been great! Would Daniel have been Gilligan and Jack the Skipper? Vala could have been Ginger and Janet MaryAnne. Hammond or Landry could have been Mr. Howell... Oh, I would have loved to see it!

Comment

Working...
                                X