Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    I think I have to agree with TJ, I don't think I'd want Sam on Atlantis, because it will have the same show runners that are having enough problems writing strong female characters, I just don't think I'd want to continue on with the lousy wiriting and characterizations. Do we really want to see Sam batting her eyes at Shep or worse McKay
    Yeah, they probably wouldn't use Sam for anything BUT the McKay antagonism. For me old Rodney is best in small doses. You know they wouldn't develop friendship w/ Teyla or Weir or even Zelenka. I'd want Sam to command a ship rather than be a tech person, just b/c she deserves it. But then what would she do but buzz in? As commander could she really get into the nuts and bolts? And then there's the issue that's been coming up a lot in the last seasons of going too much into space ships & forgetting about that big "O" that takes you places.
    I'd rather Sam go off into the sunset with Thor (take that how you will )than be ill used on Atlantis.

Comment

Maybe they'll ask her to DIRECT Atlantis. That would be great for her, but we wouldn't get to see her.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
        Sam moving to Atlantis would be a bad idea because she is a main character, not a recurring character, and as such it would not be fair to have her in a lesser role in SGA. Unfortunately, that would lead to the decision of which SGA character would have to be bumped off to make room for Sam because without a doubt someone would have to go. If this happened, just thinking about the fan backlash against the character, and the actress, makes me shiver.
        AT has other projects (and a kid) to move on to. i think that IF she was looking for more stargate, commander/chief tech of a ship on SGA would be good and fair. i agree the fan backlash would be HUGE if she started taking away from SGA characters, which i why i don't want it

Originally posted by maxbo
        The only way I could see Sam being incorporated into the SGA universe without facing severe SGA fan backlash is if she replaces a SGA character that is written out of the show because the actor who portrays that character voluntarily leaves for another gig.
        knowing fandom (in general), that wouldn't stop them(gen) either.
        Originally posted by jckfann55
        Yeah, they probably wouldn't use Sam for anything BUT the McKay antagonism. For me old Rodney is best in small doses. You know they wouldn't develop friendship w/ Teyla or Weir or even Zelenka. I'd want Sam to command a ship rather than be a tech person, just b/c she deserves it.
        i personally love Sam/McKay antagonism in relatively small doses. and if we could get Teyla/Weir/Sam friendship, more power to them! Zelenka too, and Beckett. i agree she deserves more than tech, and i hope even as chief tech they'd give it to her somehow, but i don't want to see the backlash from making her commander. yes, i know this is all hypothetical

oh, and, 85. nice round number.

EDIT: jckfan, now THAT i could go for!
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Wow! You people are prolific. I had to skip 30 pages just to catch up.

I'm not surprised at the news that SG-1 was cancelled. I've been expecting it for a long time. I am kind of surprised that they announced it when they did. Way to kill a party huh?

As for Sam on Atlantis, I agree with those that would like to see her there on a semi-regular basis, likely either working from or commanding a earth battleship. Either one separate from the Daedelus (maybe the new Ancient one they found and are trying to get working), or even the Daedulus. I like Caldwell, but I like Sam more.

I'm rather attached to the rest of the characters and would hate to see any of them replaced. SGA is really starting to come into it's own this season. They've worked hard to get to where they are, and it really wouldn't be fair to any of them to be supplanted by AT. And it wouldn't be fair to AT, because the backlash would be horrific.

Whatever AT decides to do, whatever her "secret project" is, I wish her well, and am grateful for 10 years of Sam Carter and SG-1. And wherever she goes I'll follow, as long as I can get the show/movie/etc where I live.
          sigpic

Comment

This song seemed appropriate with our latest discussions... (apologies to Little Peggy March & "I will follow him")

I will follow Her, follow Her wherever She may star,
            And for her, I always will be,
            For nothing can keep me away, She is my favorite star.

I will follow Her, ever since She touched my heart I knew,
            There isn't an ocean too deep,
            A mountain so high, it can keep,
            Keep me away, away from her next role.

I love Her, I love Her, I love Her,
            And where She goes, I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              Ditto too!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                sam - only as a ship's commander since that would give her occasional spots. the only other role i could see her in is weir's and that would be a horrible fandom battle and so not fair to amanda. not only would the more passionate daniel, vala, cam fans hate her but the weir fans woudl too (some of them, not all) that just wouldn't be fairl. she deserves so much better
                Totally agree. Not to mention Torri. I know some people don't like how she portrays Weir (I think she's fine), but it'd definitely get ugly if that were to happen.

And it's pretty sad that something so outrageous is even a possibility with the people currently in charge making decisions. We shouldn't be anticipating untimely ousts and fandom wars, but that's right up Sci Fi/MGM/Bridge's ally, isn't it?

siler and walter??? eh, i dunno. nothing aganist them but atlantis alreay has its cast of minor characters - my favorite Lorne for example.

now if sam got a ship siler and walter could be on her crew...that could work
                Throw in a bit of Teal'c and/or Daniel, and it's gold.

And the timing will be great, considering...

Company of Thieves spoilers...
                Spoiler:
                The dude in charge of The Odyssey is gonna die

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                  and if we could get Teyla/Weir/Sam friendship, more power to them! Zelenka too, and Beckett.
                  It needed to be repeated.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    This song seemed appropriate with our latest discussions... (apologies to Little Peggy March & "I will follow him")

I will follow Her, follow Her wherever She may star,
                    And for her, I always will be,
                    For nothing can keep me away,
                    She is my favorite star.
                    Brilliant, jckfan!

Keep me away <<--- voice-cracking!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Maybe they'll ask her to DIRECT Atlantis. That would be great for her, but we wouldn't get to see her.
                      That would be fantastic jckfan!

There are some reasons why that'll probably never happen, but I won't get into them now. I'd just like to live with this little hope that she may get the chance to do that someday.

ETA: Was The Road Not Traveled, or whatever it's called, supposed to be the 16th or 18th episode?

I only ask because,

Spoiler:
                      with all of the craziness going on, does that mean they'll scrap that episode featuring Carter, or do something even more extreme with her as a lead-in for the series finale two-parter?
                      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 23 August 2006, 10:52 AM.

Comment

i'm spending more time in the shipper thread (since '200' aired ), so i'm not reading here religiously. so, repeating my question of yesterday; are we doing anything special for amanda's birthday?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i'm spending more time in the shipper thread (since '200' aired ), so i'm not reading here religiously. so, repeating my question of yesterday; are we doing anything special for amanda's birthday?

sally
                          I haven't heard anything Sal
                          I just figured people would be posting things for her birthday
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i dont think there's anything planned for amanda's birthday, not as a group that is

now if anyone wants to do something cool, write down a nice note and send it to MG so that she can put it on the thank you poster she's making
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                              Hey Sally,
                              Not sure if this is something you were wondering about but I figured I would post it here for ya. Kamil posted this on the Yahoo Group for at.com.

Birthday greetings

Dear all,

As has become an every year tradition, I will be gathering from you and
                              collecting the greetings you might want to send to Amanda for her
                              birthday. The deadline for that shall be 27th of August, so I have one
                              day to put it all together for her. This goes directly to her and she
                              will receive an email from me that the greetings are ready for her to be
                              read and viewed and enjoyed.

Your greetings may be text only or text+images. If you send images,
                              please then send an attachment in the format of HTML or Word document.
                              That way the formatting you wish to have will not be lost. Alternatively
                              you can send me a graphics image, like JPEG or GIF or anything that Jasc
                              Paint Shop Pro will read.

One final requirement for this project (and that's all <g>) is that you
                              - this is very important - put "AT GREETINGS" in the subject line. If
                              you don't, your message may get lost amongst dozens of mail I get
                              through the site. Please send your messages to webmaster@...

I would also suggest you send your email with asking for confirmation of
                              receipt. That way you will know for sure I have received it.

http://www.amandatapping.com

Thanks,
                              Kamil

Cheers,

Jan
                              sigpic

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS JANSAM ON 100 POST!!!

well that took you long enough lol
                                and especially for you I used pink I know how much you like it

Comment

Working...
                                X