Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Ok it looks like it is the last year of stargate sg 1 that we will get: read the article here: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...d_iatlan.shtml
    Oh, it makes me sad. I'm happy they're renewing Atlantis but it's not going to be the same anymore without SG1. Even if the new seasons haven't been that great I was still waiting anxiously for the new episodes. I understand things changes and I'm grateful SG1 went on that long but when you grow up with the show being a part of everyday's live it gives you a feeling of bitter-sweet. I loved the show through good as well as bad times and I want to say I'll miss the show dearly and Amanda's acting as Samantha more so. It'll be weird not to get excited anymore about this or that. Because it has been a great show that desserves every awards. All I can say is it's going to create a huge hole in my live, pathetic huh?

But I hope this won't be the end of Samanda on GW.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
      Something for plathunkers and thunkers. Don't think I've seen it here.

Oh god! Thunk!! Thank you sooooooo much

Comment

I see the news has hit here already...

Someone has started an online petition to save the show if anyone would like to sign

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

And about Amanda's hair? I loved the S7 cut. And the beginning of S9 one. It was all short and curly, like when she got the award for Threads. Simply lovely!

The long wavy/curly hair is amazing too. Changed her completely. Makes the difference between Sam and Amanda.

But anyway, those last 3/4 years have been my fave hair for a long time now!

Comment

Major rant about the Scifi channel!
            Spoiler:
            This is terrible news! I am beginning to hate the Scifi channel. First, they cancelled Farscape on a cliffhanger and we had to wait an eternity for resolution. They made us wait until October for BSG, and they renewed the modern day Dr. Who (sorry, not as good as the original--no offense to fans of the new show. They put Eureka on Tuesday nights instead of keeping a strong Friday night block. Opening the night with a cancelled series at at 8pm! Who does that? Now, they decide to cancel SG1 after only 6 of the 20 episodes. Not cool. I know it isn't the show it once was, but this is still very sad.

Sorry, back on topic:

Amanda, if you are reading these posts. Thank you for the amazing work you have done on SG1! You have been a wonderful role model for young women everywhere. Keep up the good work! It will be very exciting to see how far your career will go after the series ends. I predict it will be fabulous! We'll be watching!

Edit: I just told my 8 year old twins about SG1's cancellation, and they were not happy. My daughter wants to help with the letter writing campaign. She loves Sam. (She's the reason my daughter wants to be a scientist.)
            Last edited by Gate gal; 21 August 2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
              I see the news has hit here already...

Someone has started an online petition to save the show if anyone would like to sign

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
              Actually, I guess not.

I'm going to miss what I think of as "Stargate SG-1" dreadfully, but I'm not going to miss the show as it is currently configured. Season 10 is a lot better that Season 9, but it's still not the "Stargate" I pine for.

I don't want anyone out of work--especially those behind-the-scenes people--but I can't jump on a bandwagon to have the show drag on another year.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                Actually, I guess not.

I'm going to miss what I think of as "Stargate SG-1" dreadfully, but I'm not going to miss the show as it is currently configured. Season 10 is a lot better that Season 9, but it's still not the "Stargate" I pine for.

I don't want anyone out of work--especially those behind-the-scenes people--but I can't jump on a bandwagon to have the show drag on another year.

Bucky
                Just to be clear, my posting the link here was certainly not to suggest or force anybody to sign that doesn't want to - after all, everybody has their preference for whether they would like to see the show in its present format continue or not. It's simply there if anyone does.

If the show does get cancelled, I am going to miss Sam Carter...
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

I just heard the news about SG-1 not being renewed. I must say that I'm not surprised.

All I can say is that I know Amanda will move on to bigger and better things. I'm a big fan of hers and I know she will land on her feet. I'd follow her anywhere so I'm just going to sit back, relax and wait for her next show to come out. LOL

Thank you Amanda, for 10 great years of Sam Carter!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                    All I can say is that I know Amanda will move on to bigger and better things. I'm a big fan of hers and I know she will land on her feet. I'd follow her anywhere so I'm just going to sit back, relax and wait for her next show to come out. LOL
                    Thank you Amanda, for 10 great years of Sam Carter!!
                    I'd like to second that. Thank you for 10 amazing years, Amanda!!! Can't wait to see what you're up to next!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, the show's not over yet. Sci-Fi may have cancelled, but another network could still pick it up. I'm not holding my breath, but SG1 may have another season or two in it yet.

and....

Happy Birthday
                      MANDY

Hmmmm, I kinda ran out of gift wrap on this one. It covers all the important bits though....

Spoiler:

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Happy Birthday
                        MANDY

Hmmmm, I kinda ran out of gift wrap on this one. It covers all the important bits though....

LOL, thanks TJ...but its the wrong flag
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I know everyone is probably really bummed right now due to cancellation news, but I wanted to post a link to a live journal site I came across today. There are four video trailers on the page. They defiitely aren't your typical Sam videos, but they did put a big smile on my face so I thought I'd share the link.

Ba'al's Angels

Kat
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 21 August 2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I'm a lot more upset about the news than I thought I would be.

I don't for a second trust tptb to really give us the rest of season 10. I don't care what an insider told GW-I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends after Sept 22. There were some storylines I was really looking forward to in the back half of the season.

I also think the timing stinks. The people who made the decision to announce the cancellation just before the 200th episode airs are the tackiest bunch.

I am going to miss Sam, and watching what happens with her.

Comment

I'm bummed, but not at all surprised that SciFi has yet again pulled a dumb move. Those morons in charge wouldn't know a good scifi show if it came up and kicked their collective eema's.

I just hope that MGM doesn't sign any more deals with the owners of Scifi (that would be NBC/Universal, who also happens to own USA - so I don't want it there either). They don't know diddly squat about what scifi fans want. I mean...ECW?! Extreme wrestling is not MY idea of "fantasy".
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                                I'm a lot more upset about the news than I thought I would be.

I don't for a second trust tptb to really give us the rest of season 10. I don't care what an insider told GW-I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends after Sept 22. There were some storylines I was really looking forward to in the back half of the season.

I also think the timing stinks. The people who made the decision to announce the cancellation just before the 200th episode airs are the tackiest bunch.

I am going to miss Sam, and watching what happens with her.
                                I'm not surprised at all about when the morons at SciFi choose to announce the cancelation. When they canned FS, the ONLY reason they announced it earlier than they originally planned is because David Kemper, Richard Manning (two of the producers) and Ben Browder had a chat the NIGHT they found out and told the fans to go make noise. The producers of FS actually did care what the fans wanted (just rarely gave most of it to the fans. ) and that's why they broke the news before SciFi did. Scifi waited TWO WEEKS after that night to announce the cancellation.

They're morons and when SG1 was picked up by them, I had a feeling it wouldn't last much longer because the morons in charge at SciFi are MORONS! They have no clue what scifi fans like or want. They never will.

Yes I'll miss Amanda too. Here's to her!
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X