Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Hasn't this 'favourite SG1 character' thing been done before.... :dodgy:

Was just listening to the Audio Commentary for Ripple Effect (Joe Mallozzi and Michelle Comens, VFX Supervisor)
    Spoiler:
    and JM pointed out that the 'Yep!' line from Carter, in response to Cam's 'Finally found someone to keep up with you?' was an adlib by Amanda
    At the risk of spamming here--more proof (as if we needed it ) that Amanda Tapping is Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Mmmm. I would have called him dark haired too. I don't see him as blond in any way, shape or form.
      I didnt say blond I said almost blond.

Originally posted by Deejay435
      Me either.

In fact, I had a horrible time reading one of the first SG1 novels to come out because the author kept referring to Daniel as "The Blond".

<--See? Brown hair.
      Brown is not necessarly (that doesnt look right?!) dark. Its light brown.

Comment

Quick story research question...

When Sam is in command, do people refer to her as "sir" or "ma'am?"

Your help is greatly appreciated!

My LJ

Comment

Ma'am I think Strix. I can't recall anyone referring to her as sir.

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Quick story research question...

Your help is greatly appreciated!
          sigpic

Comment

mmhm, little of each i'd think

she gives someone an order and they say 'yes sir' i doubt she'd correct them, but i can also see them referring ot her as ma'am
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              AFAIK, Ma'am. Walter is the only one who has called her 'sir', and he only did it once (i forget which ep).

Comment

Mmmm, actually, I can see Sam as being like Kate Mulgrew's character in Voyager. I think she'd rather be referred to by rank rather than gender. As in "Colonel" (or "Major" or "Captain" depending on season) as opposed to "Sir" or "Ma'am". I would say that Sam has fought too hard to be one of the gang regardless of gender, to be referred to like that. Yes, she may have changed a lot over the years, and I don't think she would mind being referred to as Sir/Ma'am anymore (I think she would have had a hissyfit and a half back in season one) but I still think her preference would be for rank.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Mmmm, actually, I can see Sam as being like Kate Mulgrew's character in Voyager. I think she'd rather be referred to by rank rather than gender. As in "Colonel" (or "Major" or "Captain" depending on season) as opposed to "Sir" or "Ma'am". I would say that Sam has fought too hard to be one of the gang regardless of gender, to be referred to like that. Yes, she may have changed a lot over the years, and I don't think she would mind being referred to as Sir/Ma'am anymore (I think she would have had a hissyfit and a half back in season one) but I still think her preference would be for rank.
                  Mabye not any more but your right about back in season one, just look at the way she tore in to kawalsky in children of the gods

Comment

Well i would assume that you would call her Colonel but i suppose sir would also do. I dont think that sir is so much exclusively men these days as i had heard it said on other millitary shows. Id just say "right away god" if i got an order from sam.
                    Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Strix, is your question what do we hear in the eps, or what do we think Carter would like in her heart-of-hearts?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Yeah, I agree. I actually enjoyed the special much more than the 200th episode. Maybe it's because it seemed more real and more in line to what I find humorous. I thought everyone was extremely amusing and man Ben Browder's laugh? Priceless. He has an infectious laugh like Amanda that makes me giggle everytime I hear it.
                        yup me too .. I liked the special more ... I guess since I did not read any spoilers, I was expecting a lot more from 200 ep.

Comment

All the airforce sgts and officers I served under were called ma'am.
                          But thats Airforce. I have been told the navy does Sir for women but I dont know for sure. All I know is Airforce and if you called a female TI Sir you were in big trouble.

TI is the USAF version of a Drill Sgt.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

agree with you .. to address her with her rank is preferable

Comment

Mmmm, actually, I can see Sam as being like Kate Mulgrew's character in Voyager.
                              Whoa, so in Voyager they'd say "Yes, Captain!"? That sounds really odd to my ears, but I suppose I could get used to it if I heard it often enough.

Comment

Happy Birthday Mandy!!!!

=> credits the person who made the cake

BTW: I watched both Insider and 200th today and I liked both!!

Comment

Working...
                                X