No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to be fair about '200', after all I don't think it was awful. It had a few ok moments but I'm really finding it hard not to be apathetic about the whole thing. Using the "love letter" analogy, I wasn't swept off my feet by a long stretch and i was actually quite bored in places. Hmmm... that's one thing I *NEVER* thought I would say about Stargate!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Nice post Sunny
      and to answer your last queston

Spoiler:
      He was supposed to be Mitchell, because his brother orignally played the Jack part, and the rest were the actors from Wormhole Xtreme

and I also could have done without all the swearing...it just wasn't funny
      i still think PdL's actions were a 'bite me' to the fans that have had issues iwth his potty humor on the commentaries.

the biggest complaint i ever see about them is PdL and taking it to the toilet humor in 2.3 minutes and how tiresome that is to many
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i still think PdL's actions were a 'bite me' to the fans that have had issues iwth his potty humor on the commentaries.

the biggest complaint i ever see about them is PdL and taking it to the toilet humor in 2.3 minutes and how tiresome that is to many
        And it was quite tiresome last night too, its to bad he will never grow up
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Here, here, it is a sad state of affairs indeed I just try to ignore it as best I can and focus on the amazing talents of Amanda, Chris and Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
            Here, here, it is a sad state of affairs indeed I just try to ignore it as best I can and focus on the amazing talents of Amanda, Chris and Michael.
            yeah, i just write it off like a friend of mine who takes long lunches to go water his lawn and my mother who likes to backseat drive and my sister who's rather self centered...jsut part of thier personality and something you have to dealwith

life's too short to stress over stuff you can't change

and if PdL's response to something that likely bugs peopel in real life too is to thumb his nose, dude, that's his problem, not mine

I do know, as funny as he is, he's like a girl in my office. I won't go out ot eat lunch with her in a restaurant because she's too earthy adn too loud for me to be comfortable with in public.

if we eat lunch, it's take out. i won't eat in a restaurant with her because of her mouth
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nice post Sunny
              and to answer your last queston

Spoiler:
              He was supposed to be Mitchell, because his brother orignally played the Jack part, and the rest were the actors from Wormhole Xtreme

and I also could have done without all the swearing...it just wasn't funny

Ah, thanks Mandy! I know about the others at the end...it was just PDL character I was confused about. Not anymore.

It saddens me that PDL is like he is...when his dad appears to be the complete opposite. I guess it's all due to the different era's they've hit in Hollyweird.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

HEY!!! I resent that! I don't EVER plan to grow up and I DO NOT act like him!

It's a shame that he appears to feel that way towards fans. What a git.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Ah, thanks Mandy! I know about the others at the end...it was just PDL character I was confused about. Not anymore.

It saddens me that PDL is like he is...when his dad appears to be the complete opposite. I guess it's all due to the different era's they've hit in Hollyweird.
                  Or maybe its the hot/cold Canadian weather that makes him grumpy
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Or maybe its the hot/cold Canadian weather that makes him grumpy

Maybe. He's just an idiot, imho. Can I say that here?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux

Spoiler:

Oddly, I was under the impression that the Wormhole X character PDL was representing was actually taking a jab at all the actors for cussing behind the scenes. I don't know for a fact that they do, but I have seen both Michael and Chris at cons and they way they both talk in public leads me to believe that they probably speak the same way behind the scenes and I've heard other people say that Amanda can curse with the best of them. So maybe he was just making a joke about the real reason we don't get to see any of the bloopers, because if they released a blooper real most of it would be bleeped out.

Btw, I didn't like this part of the episode either. I don't mind them teasing the actors in regards to how they behave on the show but for me personally, though the latter part may have been amusing to the writers and possibly the actors, it wasn't amusing to me. In my opinion, if the writers had an issue with the things they discussed they should have discussed it openly and not made a joke out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Spoiler:

Btw, I didn't like this part of the episode either. I don't mind them teasing the actors in regards to how they behave on the show but for me personally, though the latter part may have been amusing to the writers and possibly the actors, it wasn't amusing to me. In my opinion, if the writers had an issue with the things they discussed they should have discussed it openly and not made a joke out of it.
                        Way to go, Kat! You said *exactly* what I was thinking only I didn't quite have the guts to actually say it! (Strange for me I know, I'm not usually one to shy away from expressing an opinion!) I've thought about the issue for a while and I've come to the conclusion that I have a completely 180 flip sense of humour to TPTB because I don't find things like that amusing, just impolite. Then again maybe it's me that's barking up the wrong humour tree thinking that good, old-fashioned, non people-bashing jokes are a hoot!

(Kind of like how I think that David Brent from 'The Office' is the most unfunny guy on the planet, he's just cringe-worthy and rude!)

Comment

Okay now its official

Happy Birthday Dipsofjazz

Here's a little gift for you
                          Spoiler:

Hmm? What do you mean that's re-gifting
                          I got it on sale, 2 for 1 really
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Eep, I almost didn't recognise the GW main page when I opened it. Such a big change overnight!

Samanda seems to be buzzing with the big 200 today. It's been fun to read a few spoilers, and I'm glad that the general reaction seems to be that even if it wasn't brilliant, it was a good fun episode, not taking itself too seriosly, with lots of humour. It's going to be a while before I see the episode so I'm glad I'm not going to be nervous about it for another year or more .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                                I found it hysterical.

Up until the end,
                                Spoiler:
                                with the fake interviews with the Wormhole Extreme actors.
                                That I just found dull.

I didn't really get a laughing at me vibe; in fact more often I was laughing at tptb. I would have liked more Jack, much more Jack.

I'd have more to say, but I'm watching it again just now.
                                I personally would have prefered to see
                                Spoiler:
                                the cake on the other side of the gate with our characters, but otherwise it was a good episode. I laughed quite a bit. I thought AT did great in the Farscape scene and all the little vignettes. She is so talented. I loved it when Marty asked her to repeat her technobabble and she told him no. Funny, since people are always cutting her off in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                                X