Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor
    That one bugs me too, and I'm not Scottish. When I read it I always sound 'Mc-EYE' in my head.

Sam reference: I have finished my Sam ficathon assingment. *breathes*
    I'm looking forward to reading everybody's stories. All have to be pairing-free, right?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      I'm looking forward to reading everybody's stories. All have to be pairing-free, right?
      Pairing free as in non-ship/slash. I'm sure there will be friendship and the like

Comment

it's a gen ficathon. so nothing beyond friendship
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            it's a gen ficathon. so nothing beyond friendship
            Aww man I hope everyone is done with the fics and they are posted by the 21st so I can save them on my computer. I'm going to California for two weeks and I'm not sure if I'll have internet access while I'm there.
            I can't believe I still have relatives that don't use the internet.

Even more frightening, they probably don't have the Sci-fi channel either. Oh well, depending how the 200th goes it might be a good time to start weening myself off the show.

*Crosses fingers that fics will be available before she leaves on the 23rd*

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
              I guess I don't pay so much attention. I didn't think 'body' sounded different. There are a few words that jump out sometimes, but hardly ever. I really notice Canadian accents on SGA. Like when McKay says ZedPM, or how they say been. Not been like Ben, but been like...well, you know how they pronounce it.
              I also never notice it in SG itself but when you see interviews I do notice her accent and I find it adorable and cute!

What again an umlaut fight lol... and did anyone said replicators... good comparison(sp?) I mean they are both evil and fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTERSLAVE

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                Blood sacrifices.
                I'm giggling madly over here. I had actually clicked through to the next page before this actually sunk in, and I had to go back and see if it really said what I thought it said. lol

My cat, however, is now hoping I don't want to save those clips.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                  I never noticed the accent either. I guess I'm just going to have to go to a convention with Amanda and find out for myself.
                  Nor have I. But then, American though I may be, I grew up only a couple of hours south of where she lived. I grew up watching Canadian kid's shows on TV. (I still miss The Friendly Giant and Mr. Dress Up.) So I don't think her accent is much different from what I hear around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                    Nor have I. But then, American though I may be, I grew up only a couple of hours south of where she lived. I grew up watching Canadian kid's shows on TV. (I still miss The Friendly Giant and Mr. Dress Up.) So I don't think her accent is much different from what I hear around here.
                    Some people pick up accents easily, without even realising it - I've never been to the United States in my life but people often ask if I'm American (I must watch too much TV) I travel to Kerry or Donegal for a week and come back with an accent.

If Amanda is working with people with American accents a lot, perhaps she is unconsciously picking up their accent and using it while working.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I just watched a clip from Heroes where Sam tells Bregman and the cameraman to "Shut that damn thing off!" - damn, that gets to me every time I watch it! *sob* That was one hell of an amazing scene from an acting POV, Amanda is just the best IMO!

On a side note - I miss Janet!
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

What?!?!?!!

It was supposed to be pairing free?

But...but Sam and....Mine was such a lovely romance. Sam and

Spoiler:
                        the Thor puppet!

Whaaaa!

Some people pick up accents easily, without even realising it - I've never been to the United States in my life but people often ask if I'm American (I must watch too much TV) I travel to Kerry or Donegal for a week and come back with an accent.

If Amanda is working with people with American accents a lot, perhaps she is unconsciously picking up their accent and using it while working.
                        Yeah, I pick up accents very easily too. But in this case, I'm with Mandy. I don't hear much difference between my area, and southern Ontario. (Interestingly, people from the rest of Ohio say we here in my town have an accent. So there ya go.)
                        Last edited by Deejay435; 16 August 2006, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I'm giggling madly over here.

My cat, however, is now hoping I don't want to save those clips.
                          Deej! You rascal!

AT's accent is definitely less Americanised the more informal the situation. I was surprised, actually, that it was as natural as it was in that Behind the 200 clip.

Tangentially, I'd like to figure out why I sometimes confuse Oklahoma sounds for Tennesseean. I suspect a conspiracy. I'm launching an investigation.

That one bugs me too, and I'm not Scottish. When I read it I always sound 'Mc-EYE' in my head.
                          'Mild', you say?

Sam reference: I have finished my Sam ficathon assingment assignment.

Comment

What?!?!?!!

It was supposed to be pairing free?

But...but Sam and....Mine was such a lovely romance. Sam and

Spoiler:
                            the Thor puppet!
                            Dangit! It's
                            Spoiler:
                            Heimdall or no one!
                            HEIMDALL!

Yeah, I pick up accents very easily too. But in this case, I'm with Mandy. I don't hear much difference between my area, and southern Ontario.
                            Still an accent, babaloo!

(Interestingly, people from the rest of Ohio say we here in my town....

I knew there was something about you....

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              Sam reference: I have finished my Sam ficathon assingment assignment.
                              scarimor, would you like to join me using DEM for the blood sacrifice?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

amanda is soooo cute. Expecially in interviews where she pulls funny faces and does different voices.
                                Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Working...
                                X