Clear All

I don't where it was but,

Congrats Sky on your 12000th post!
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by kes
      But I dont wanna go down this road anymore
      Okay then lets not go down that road anymore, that road just becomes a circular arguement, and has no place on this thread.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        Okay then lets not go down that road anymore, that road just becomes a circular arguement, and has no place on this thread.
        Which is why I bit my figurative tongue on the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          Hey, astro, maybe you could somehow work in there:
          "1961 Volvo P1800 + 2003 Cobra SVT > 1965 Mustang Fastback."
          And I wish that they'd written Mitchell as having some old rattletrap of a car, something small, two doors... something that kept falling apart and breaking down - something with a dilapidated paint job- but you could tell that it *once* used to be cool... - this car would have *character*... lots and lots of *character*, even though it was never a muscle car or such. Maybe it's the first car he ever bought... maybe while in college or high school... he now considers it his 'good luck charm' or some such...

The shot of him arriving at the cabin would have been Mitchell *pushing* the car from the driver's side door, which would be open and he'd have one hand on the steering wheel when necessary.

When asked why he doesn't get rid of it, he could say something like - 'at least he knows how to fix the basics of his old one - can't say the same for the newer cars with all have computer and electrical systems that the layperson shouldn't even touch...

At any rate, I think it would have been something *distinctly Mitchell's* - something that hadn't previously been referenced or part of another character's backstory. It would also be a bit humorous, at the same time giving him something intriguing and different.

He could try and wheedle Sam into helping him work on it... might be fun to see what he would try and bribe her with

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            And I wish that they'd written Mitchell as having some old rattletrap of a car, something small, two doors... something that kept falling apart and breaking down - something with a dilapidated paint job- but you could tell that it *once* used to be cool... - this car would have *character*... lots and lots of *character*, even though it was never a muscle car or such. Maybe it's the first car he ever bought... maybe while in college or high school... he now considers it his 'good luck charm' or some such...

The shot of him arriving at the cabin would have been Mitchell *pushing* the car from the driver's side door, which would be open and he'd have one hand on the steering wheel when necessary.

When asked why he doesn't get rid of it, he could say something like - 'at least he knows how to fix the basics of his old one - can't say the same for the newer cars with all have computer and electrical systems that the layperson shouldn't even touch...

At any rate, I think it would have been something *distinctly Mitchell's* - something that hadn't previously been referenced or part of another character's backstory. It would also be a bit humorous, at the same time giving him something intriguing and different.

He could try and wheedle Sam into helping him work on it... might be fun to see what he would try and bribe her with
            I was a little peeved
            Spoiler:
            (is that a word?) that he had the car I wish Sam had.
            But the old Volvo she had made sence, its a classic, could have looked a little cooler but it was kinda cool and its a Volvo so its safe lol
            Shame they later changed it to a new Volvo and that we've never seen her ride the bike.

Comment

OK, I have a question regarding the Spoilers for upcoming episodes in Season 10
              Spoiler:
              Here's the list of episodes from GW's Season 10 page

1001 Flesh and Blood
              1002 Morpheus
              1003 The Pegasus Project
              1004 Insiders
              1005 Uninvited
              1006 200
              1007 Counterstrike
              1008 Memento Mori
              1009 Company of Thieves
              1010 The Quest, Part 1
              1011 The Quest, Part 2
              1012 Bounty
              1013 The Shroud
              1014 Line In the Sand
              1015 The Road Not Taken
              1016 Bad Guys

If I'm reading things correctly, it's in the episode The Shroud that they suddenly discover that Daniel is a Prior. Currently, that looks to be episode 13 of the season.

The spoilers for episode 16, Bad Guys (at Stargate Solutions) talk about Daniel as one of the team as if everything is normal.

So, it would appear, that Daniel certainly doesn't stay a Prior very long.... (assuming that the episode #s and order are correct).

I would have thought that having a team member be turned into a Prior would merit longer repercussions than just a couple of episodes...? Of course, perhaps they don't consider Daniel turning into a Prior much compared to his Ascension...?

At any rate, I was just surprised and startled at how fast everything seems to 'go back to normal' with Daniel back on the team as himself.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                I was a little peeved
                Spoiler:
                (is that a word?) that he had the car I wish Sam had.
                But the old Volvo she had made sence, its a classic, could have looked a little cooler but it was kinda cool and its a Volvo so its safe lol
                Shame they later changed it to a new Volvo and that we've never seen her ride the bike.
                I resoundingly agree regarding Carter and her motorcycle!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Just A Number is nominated for Best Team Story.
                  Three Men And A Little Theoretical Astrophysicist is nominated for Best Humour Story.
                  Ok, I dont read a lot of fic but I got to say that "Three Men And A Little Theoretical Astrophysicist" was quite awesome. The characterizations were spot on. I particularly liked (loved) season 2 Tea'lc in this one and Hammond too. Daniel, Jack, Frasier, Jacob, Martouf, even Dr lee... aw heck they were all great. And of course Sam. Mucho fun, especially the conclusion with
                  Spoiler:
                  Dr Lee, Teal'c and the lightsaber.

Two thumbs up. Five stars, 10\10. Highly recommended.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I don't where it was but,

Congrats Sky on your 12000th post!
                    Boy...she sure is a yammermouth, isn't she??? I mean yap, yap, yap yap yap.

geez.

What...you mean sh-she'll read this???

*insert audible gulp here*

Just teasing, Skydiver. Congrats.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I can put together a list if those nominated would state the title of their fic and what category it is in, please be specific as there are a lot of categories
                      Knife's Edge of Madness - GEN > Best Drama Story

Looking Up - SHIP > Best Angst Story > Jack/Sam

Surviving - GEN > Best DarkFic Story

Ten-Thousand Suns - FEMSLASH > Best Pre-Slash Story

Under Fire - GEN > Best Action/Adventure Story

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                        But the old Volvo she had made sence, its a classic, could have looked a little cooler but it was kinda cool
                        tsk! The P1800 is very cool. King Carl XVI of Sweden owned several as did fictional character Simon Templar, aka "The Saint".

Shame they later changed it to a new Volvo
                        Don't forget:

I can't believe I hadn't noticed that the Colson logo is an inverted Sci-Fi logo. doh!
                        Last edited by DEM; 13 August 2006, 12:18 PM.

Comment

here we go, a hopefully brief note one uninvited. i haven't read other opinions on it yet, so i hope i'm not just repeating others here.

Spoiler:

cameron has a very cool car. i'll leave my cameron discussion to that.

carter in charge of the sgc. very very cool.

teal'c actually did something, and actually had more than two lines. excellent.

hate to say it, but i didn't really miss daniel. would have been cool to have him there, but he probably wouldn't have had anything to do anyway.

i'm liking landry more and more.

vala was very fun, although i really do think they should have included an explaination as to why vala was the only one helping out with the goa'uld healing device. something about sam not being comfortable with her skill level with it or something. i actually thought at first when vala started to talk about sam's phobia about the big chair, that she was going to say something about her not being over her phobia of using the goa'uld tech after meridian.

i'm pretty sure that sheriff wade is actually mark carter from the end of seth.

that creature was very cgi.

it was an ok episode, and i think it probably could have been a fair bit better, but to me it just seemed forced. to me it just felt like a subtle as a brick attempt by TPTB to repeatedly say "look, we aren't sexist! we swear!". sam in charge of the base (not that i'm complaining, that was great), mentioning that they had a woman in charge of the sgc before. it also felt like they were equally as subtley trying to prove how mitchell really is cut out for going off world, ("before my special forces training kicked in") and how he's not really leading the team, he's still "learning from the best". which is fine, but cramed into this episode where they were trying to not so subliminaly trying to get a point across about various fan complaints, when its all put together the way it was it was here, it just seemed forced.

but i suppose at least they seem to be listening to some of the fan complaints, and trying to deal with some of them.

i liked the poker game at the end too. competitive sam, immediately followed by childish sam. also liked the sam/teal'c/vala interaction (mind out of the gutter people, agent dark i'm looking at you in particular!) throughout the episode. and vala slowly learning how to fit into a chain of command, and not being the boss of everything for once. i'm still curious to see how well they develop her character and integrate her fully into sg-1 and the sgc in general.

ok, i'll cut it off their before i ramble too much. hopefully that was brief enough. i could say more, but i'll be nice to you anyone who has the patients to read my posts for once and i'll cut it short.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            here we go, a hopefully brief note one uninvited. i haven't read other opinions on it yet, so i hope i'm not just repeating others here.

Spoiler:

cameron has a very cool car. i'll leave my cameron discussion to that.

carter in charge of the sgc. very very cool.

teal'c actually did something, and actually had more than two lines. excellent.

hate to say it, but i didn't really miss daniel. would have been cool to have him there, but he probably wouldn't have had anything to do anyway.

i'm liking landry more and more.

vala was very fun, although i really do think they should have included an explaination as to why vala was the only one helping out with the goa'uld healing device. something about sam not being comfortable with her skill level with it or something. i actually thought at first when vala started to talk about sam's phobia about the big chair, that she was going to say something about her not being over her phobia of using the goa'uld tech after meridian.

i'm pretty sure that sheriff wade is actually mark carter from the end of seth.

that creature was very cgi.

it was an ok episode, and i think it probably could have been a fair bit better, but to me it just seemed forced. to me it just felt like a subtle as a brick attempt by TPTB to repeatedly say "look, we aren't sexist! we swear!". sam in charge of the base (not that i'm complaining, that was great), mentioning that they had a woman in charge of the sgc before. it also felt like they were equally as subtley trying to prove how mitchell really is cut out for going off world, ("before my special forces training kicked in") and how he's not really leading the team, he's still "learning from the best". which is fine, but cramed into this episode where they were trying to not so subliminaly trying to get a point across about various fan complaints, when its all put together the way it was it was here, it just seemed forced.

but i suppose at least they seem to be listening to some of the fan complaints, and trying to deal with some of them.

i liked the poker game at the end too. competitive sam, immediately followed by childish sam. also liked the sam/teal'c/vala interaction (mind out of the gutter people, agent dark i'm looking at you in particular!) throughout the episode. and vala slowly learning how to fit into a chain of command, and not being the boss of everything for once. i'm still curious to see how well they develop her character and integrate her fully into sg-1 and the sgc in general.

ok, i'll cut it off their before i ramble too much. hopefully that was brief enough. i could say more, but i'll be nice to you anyone who has the patients to read my posts for once and i'll cut it short.
                            I think you're right!!! I think it IS the same guy who played Mark! Good eye.

I knew I recognized him from somewhere.

Great catch!!!
                            Last edited by Uber; 13 August 2006, 12:38 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              tsk! The P1800 is very cool. King Carl XVI of Sweden owned several as did fictional character Simon Templar, aka "The Saint".

Don't forget:

I can't believe I hadn't noticed that the Colson logo is an inverted Sci-Fi logo. doh!
                              I meant the color and I think in english its called rims? The thing that holds the tire, when I said it could have looked cooler
                              As for the pic..that's what I'm talking about. Forgot about that! But I prefer the old one. The 1963 or 67.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                                As for the pic..that's what I'm talking about.
                                The picture above shows a 2003 Ford (Mustang) Cobra SVT. In S6's Prometheus Carter had a Volvo s80.

But I prefer the old one. The 1963 or 67.
                                Mustangs were first introduced in mid-1964. The one in that S10 episode was a 1965 Fastback.

Comment

Working...
                                X