Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    psst, guys. i know we all miss WSL, but i think we might start pushing the bounds of on-topic soon. let's just keep an eye out, huh? we all know these--or rather this--debate is hard to stop once it gets going.
    I have to agree with PR now that's a first

but this is an old arguement that has been going on forever at the WSL thread, which has been closed down, because the arguements just go in circles. I suggest you read over the WSL thread to read both sides of the arguements so it doesn't have to happen here.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Fine you guys win. Its Laudrys fault. New guy!
      I hate off topic threads.So Any cool Sam pics from new ep?

Comment

Originally posted by kes
        I hate off topic threads.

Comment

Carter is a great character.
          I think I am going to start watching my old DVDs and reviewing them again. Someone brought up thors Hammer which made me think of Thors Chariot (pie.... I mean pi). Aaaahhh such good memories MUST be relived. Carter the brave..... no thats not quite right. I mean yeah shes brave but I am thinking......

The great SG-1 (as told by people living on other planets that were freed but have never actually met SG-1)
          O'Neill the BRAVE
          Carter the KEEN (I cant come up with anything better, someone help)
          Daniel the WISE
          Teal'c the STRONG.

Interesting that the Thesaurus for Keen list possible meanings as
          Eager (young Captain Carter and technical geek Carter?)
          Sharp (great for brilliant Carter or quick thinking and witty Carter)
          Intense (Military kick butt Carter, preceptive planning Carter)
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
            You're a funny guy or girl or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
              as I was fixin some Buffalo chicken wings.
              Ha! That was the old standard at our place on Stargate nite, buffalo wings, my daughter's fantabulous guacamole, the neighbor's legendary six layer salsa/cheese dip and refreshments. Stargate was an event at the Gracie household and the living room was always packed to capacity.

<sigh> good times....

Now, it's just me, occasionally my hubby, and copious amounts of adult refreshment.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                brilliant? doesn't really cover the military angle. how 'bout just amazing?
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  See I didn't like that reference b/c it referred to real political stuff. Cheney doesn't exist in Stargate's world. Popular culture references (in moderation) are ok, but I think this pulls us out of the SG world too much.
                  My reaction was, "Now, is that really necessary??" It kinda disrupts the story for me.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    My reaction was, "Now, is that really necessary??" It kinda disrupts the story for me.
                    I tend to agree. I like that the show is in a separate reality with President Henry Hayes and the NID and the SGC etc. For me, inserting "real" political humor is jarring, regardless of who or what political party is getting razzed.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      brilliant? doesn't really cover the military angle. how 'bout just amazing?
                      Brilliant may work but I dont think amazing will. I am trying to come up with something that others who tell stories may say about each character (like in the B5 when you see the monk guy in the future with the book and he talks about Ivonava the brave). It has to be a word that is no greater or less then the word for the other character and highlights the most obvious skill that people would focus on. Sure Carter is brave and strong and wise and cool just like all of SG1. Shes a kick but solder but I think she is best known for her brains. Not sure if Brilliant flows though.... if the monk guy would say that.

O'Neill the Brave.
                      Carter the Brilliant
                      Daniel the Wise
                      Teal'c the Strong

well maybe. Looked at Thesaurus for Brilliant (and others)

O'neill the Valiant
                      Carter the Radiant
                      Daniel the Sensible (cant really come up with much for him either)
                      Teal'c the Unyielding
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        Now I really MUST get back to writing my samfic. Stop procrastinating Deejay! No cookies for you!
                        I should be beta reading right now. I best get cracking.

Comment

Re: Uninvited

Spoiler:
                          I really liked Sam in this ep... ladies and gentlemen I think we finally have our Sam back! P-90 in hand, leading the SGC, leading her team and, most importantly, being the confident, friendly and approachable person she was before season 9! AND we got a "Holy Hannah!" to boot!

I'm a LOT more optimistic about 200 after seeing that!
                          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            Carter is a great character.
                            I think I am going to start watching my old DVDs and reviewing them again. Someone brought up thors Hammer which made me think of Thors Chariot (pie.... I mean pi). Aaaahhh such good memories MUST be relived. Carter the brave..... no thats not quite right. I mean yeah shes brave but I am thinking......

The great SG-1 (as told by people living on other planets that were freed but have never actually met SG-1)
                            O'Neill the BRAVE
                            Daniel the WISE
                            Teal'c the STRONG.

Interesting that the Thesaurus for Keen list possible meanings as
                            Eager (young Captain Carter and technical geek Carter?)
                            Sharp (great for brilliant Carter or quick thinking and witty Carter)
                            Intense (Military kick butt Carter, preceptive planning Carter)
                            Love it, AGateFan!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                              Sabine Bauer summed it up rather nicely in her latest novel. When Sam is faced with a less-than-competent Colonel who treats his subordinates like garbage Teal'c gives him this disapproving look and Sam quite eloquently says "Don't look like that, Teal'c. Colonel O'Neill is the exception, not the rule." - I'm beginning to think that she has a point. Jacob, George and Jack set the bar extremely high.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                                Re: Uninvited

Spoiler:
                                I really liked Sam in this ep... ladies and gentlemen I think we finally have our Sam back! P-90 in hand, leading the SGC, leading her team and, most importantly, being the confident, friendly and approachable person she was before season 9! AND we got a "Holy Hannah!" to boot!

I'm a LOT more optimistic about 200 after seeing that!
                                Hear, hear! *hands bowl of blue jello to Amber* Cheers! *clink*

Comment

Working...
                                X