Originally posted by KatG
      Hey. How come I never got one of those?
      Um? Did you pay your dues
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        Hey. How come I never got one of those?
        cuz i don't like ya, that's why. you don't have one of those fancy title thingers, do ya? good. then here. now pay up.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

LM, I have noticed something recently,

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
          Yay 500th post! sorry that was random....
          Originally posted by Lord_Minister
          You go LM! lol
          *Puts on white coat, picks up clip board, and uses best German accent I can muster*

Now LM, I’m not a doctor, but I’d like to play one on TV

I have a few questions for you. *Ahem*

1. Zo, how long have you been talking to yourself?
          2. Do you find yourself answering yourself?
          3. If yes, do you ever get into arguments? If zo, who vins?

Now for a little test.

When you dream, do you dream of
          A.
          Spoiler:

B.
          Spoiler:

Or
          C.
          Spoiler:

Oops how did that get in there
          Spoiler:

Um? Nope that’s not the one either
          Now where did I put that photo?
          Oh here it is
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Um? Did you pay your dues
            I know I did. I made you one of your sigs!

So, where's mine?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
              Huh. I don't feel so snubbed anymore.
              no. see, you i left out of purpose.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Over the years, however, our discussions here have led me to a new insight. One of the major attributes of the character of Sam Carter that I really identified with - and completely enjoyed - was that

she was a scientist who wasn't the stereotypical geek.

Carter wasn't played as the steretypical arrogant geek who talks down to everyone... she was shown as going off into technobabble every now and then, but she was never portrayed as doing it because she wanted to put anyone else down because they didn't know as much as she did about a certain subject.

Carter also wasn't portrayed as inept or bumbling - she was portrayed as competent in her areas of expertise - just as Daniel is Uber-competent in deciphering a myriad of languages, Teal'c is the Uber-warrior and O'Neill is the Uber-military-hero who is always willing to sacrifice himself and never leaves anyone behind.

I thoroughly enjoyed that Carter was a scientist and it was only one facet of her character. A key, solid facet that she, and her team, could rely on, but it wasn't all that she was.

She was also a competent military officer - one who was physically capable in the field.

And Carter wasn't portrayed as the 'Spock'-type of science person. In other words, that somehow, really good scientists would have no feelings - that they are out of touch with the 'rest of the world'. I never had any empathy at all for Mr. Spock - and all of the Vulcans were hard for me to accept in terms of feelings warm and fuzzy for them.

What's the result? I have realized over the past couple of months that Carter's portrayal of a scientist who is *not* the stereotypical geek - *that* is one of the main aspects of the character of Sam Carter that I was drawn to.
                That's one of the things I really love about Sam's character, she defied the stereotypes.

She was extremely intelligent and a brilliant scientist without being either a geek or arrogant about her achievements. Sam has, among other things, successfully integrated the stargate with human technology, saved the planet from being sucked through a black hole, figured out how to neutralize the technology of invading aliens, blew up a sun and flew an asteroid through Earth, but when was the last time we heard her go on about what she had accomplished? When was the last time she bragged about having saved everybody on the planet several times over?

As characters go, Sam is an amazing creation; a soldier, a scientist, a leader, and a hero as well as being a loyal and devoted friend and a person who, I for one, have enjoyed getting to know through the show.

Yay! Post 3,500!

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                  I know I did. I made you one of your sigs!

So, where's mine?
                  you made me a sig? really? can i have it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                    If you want one, I'll make you one. It's not as fancy as Oooooooober's or anybody else with the fancy software. I was actually teasing Mandy.
                    sigpic

Comment

cuz i don't like ya, that's why. you don't have one of those fancy title thingers, do ya? good. then here. now pay up.
                      Awww. Thanks so much.

*gives PR an I.O.U. for green since the fridge is out at the moment*
                      sigpic

Comment

No the sig was made for me , hence the dues have been paid, now give C7 the banner
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          If you want one, I'll make you one. It's not as fancy as Oooooooober's or anybody else with the fancy software. I was actually teasing Mandy.
                          i know. i was teasing you, because you have to pay your dues for the card to ME, not HER. and i don't have any fancy software either, i probably wouldn't be able to use it if i did. Paint and Word all the way!

sigpic

Comment

i know. i was teasing you, because you have to pay your dues for the card to ME, not HER. and i don't have any fancy software either, i probably wouldn't be able to use it if i did. Paint and Word all the way!

I'll still make you one if you want, just PM me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Really Then what was it you used to pay your dues
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                Really Then what was it you used to pay your dues
                                fine, you can get the dues and give them to me, and i can revoke your card. k?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X