No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First: What is the deal with the Celeeb thing? It never lets me vote. I'm logged in, but there is never a button that says 'vote'. It's always just 'XXX seconds left'. When do the seconds count down FCOL?

Second: How does one make an umlat?

Third: How is everyone doing on the fics for the Sam Carter ficathon? Please tell me I'm not the only one only half done?

Comment

we're discussing what to do with it and if we can save the posts. we're well aware that some folks have lost hundreds of posts and we're hopng to save them
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
        Can I have my posts back? I've been thinking long and hard about that custom avatar I want scarimor to make, and every little bit helps. Otherwise I'll have to continue trotting around the forum making vacuous posts like this one.
        Spam Spam Spam

On another note, I came across some new (as in I hadn't seen them before) pics of Amanda. No idea what the go was with those pics, since the forum is in french. But hey, 9 pages of Amanda pics - I wouldn't be reading even if it was in english Though I did notice alot of Amanda/Torri sigs...

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
          First: What is the deal with the Celeeb thing? It never lets me vote. I'm logged in, but there is never a button that says 'vote'. It's always just 'XXX seconds left'. When do the seconds count down FCOL?

Third: How is everyone doing on the fics for the Sam Carter ficathon? Please tell me I'm not the only one only half done?
          First: I gave up on it

Second: Something about cut and paste, other than that, you got me

Third: Mine's finished, just waiting to get it back from my beta
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

First: me too. i wanna vote, dagnabit!!

Second: you have microsoft word? if so, Insert - Symbol and set Font to "normal text" and Subset to "Latin-1". that's the only way i know.
            Originally posted by Sky
            the WSL was getting ridiculous and has gone into hiding. I'm not sure when or if it'll come back

too many people there can't seem to grasp the difference between discussion and personal issues
            ah. well, thanks for taking good care of it.

note to dial-up users: the pics AD's refering to are REALLY big on some pages.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

You need to wait until the timer runs down before you can vote. Just refresh the page until the vote button appears.

You dont. Umlauts are unnessacary and anyone who would use them in a name has issues.

Under 2 weeks left right?! I'm not ficcing for it, but I am looking forward to all the stories!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                we're discussing what to do with it and if we can save the posts. we're well aware that some folks have lost hundreds of posts and we're hopng to save them
                Why are people loosing post anyway? Just wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Spam Spam Spam

On another note, I came across some new (as in I hadn't seen them before) pics of Amanda. No idea what the go was with those pics, since the forum is in french. But hey, 9 pages of Amanda pics - I wouldn't be reading even if it was in english Though I did notice alot of Amanda/Torri sigs...
                  Thanks for the link AD now let's see if I can translate for you

"Why are they locking Amanda up next to the pooper scooper station?"
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
                    Why are people loosing post anyway? Just wondering...
                    a thread (who should lead SG-1) has been moved from public view, so all the posts made in those threads disappear and your post count goes down. Sky: (though it pains me to say it) could you un-disappear the thread but keep it closed?

is is just me, or is the "Lizlove" from that forum one in the same with our own?
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Thanks for the link AD now let's see if I can translate for you
                      Yes, thanks for the link. I didn't understand a word they said, but there were some really nice pictures.

Comment

First: I gave up on it
                        Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        First: me too. i wanna vote, dagnabit!!
                        You need to wait until the timer runs down before you can vote. Just refresh the page until the vote button appears.
                        I think I'm going to have to give up too Mandy. I do keep waiting for the timer to run down, and it just resets to however many seconds. I refresh and refresh and never get a vote button.

Second: Something about cut and paste, other than that, you got me
                        You dont. Umlauts are unnessacary and anyone who would use them in a name has issues.
                        Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        Second: you have microsoft word? if so, Insert - Symbol and set Font to "normal text" and Subset to "Latin-1". that's the only way i know.
                        ah. well, thanks for taking good care of it.
                        ::blinks:: So, totally unnecessary you say, AD?

Third: Mine's finished, just waiting to get it back from my beta
                        I think I hate you. And I mean that in the most loving way possible. My beta has already returned the first two sections I sent her. She's got the third now. And I have...hardly anything on part 4 done. Eeep.

Under 2 weeks left right! I'm not ficcing for it, but I am looking forward to all the stories!
                        Indeed. I actually have to have mine done before my next Dr. appointment on the 16th. A lot going on in the family after that. I'm a little panicked.

Comment

Yep. In fact, I'd go so far as to say anyone using non-standard characters in a forum name should be banned from the Internet.

Last edited by Agent_Dark; 09 August 2006, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to give up too Mandy. I do keep waiting for the timer to run down, and it just resets to however many seconds. I refresh and refresh and never get a vote button.
                            exactly. it's rigged, i tell you! rigged!!
                            Originally posted by DJ
                            hey, i said nothing about them being necessary, i just provided information. personally, i prefer a line of two of "oooooooooooooo"s in place.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spam Spam Spam

thanks for the link. it was nice to see some new pics of lovely and wonderful amanda.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X