Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    I thought it was good.
    And the Sam/Mckay snark was worth the price of admission alone, don't ya think? I love those two!

Spoiler:
    Carter: Wait a second. Was I naked?
    Mckay: Only partially.

LOL!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      More Season 9/10 discussion:
      - I love your idea for
      Spoiler:
      " lots of interesting situations and adventures for Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel to have {with newbies rotating in with the team, both to give the newbies a taste of "the team" and for Sam to scout out an appropriate replacement for the fourth team member}"... That could have been *excellent*... Sam, Daniel and Teal'c each week - with another newbie or two... sometimes the 'newbie' could stay around for a couple of weeks, other times they might be there for only one episode. And I have 'newbie' in quotation marks because I'm not thinking of untried SGC members yet... am thinking more along the lines of fresh-faced Captains and Lieutentants that are actually on other SGC teams, but are just 'getting some time with the best', 'getting some time with the flagship team'... there could be brash young ones who don't follow orders well and are on the edge of being kicked out of the SGC program - and spending a little time with Sam, Daniel and Teal'c is their last chance to prove themselves and/or learn something... there could be more timid ones who need a confidence boost... there could be awestruck ones (who are simply in awe of SG-1)... one or more of them could be 'completely military' - always toeing the line and 'doing everything by the book'... there could be a couple who've been out with SG-1 before, and there would be references to previous adventures and such... OOOOOO.... what great storyline potential! It would widen the SGC team member roll call with real faces, it would allow lots of cool guest stars... they could occassionally take scientists or ambassadors who are 'Gate-virgins.... OOOOO....

How did they miss out on this cool idea?

BB and CB could have each been on several-episode arcs and perhaps even be recurring characters.

Along those lines, if only they had followed through on Mitchell's statement in the S9 premiere that he
      Spoiler:
      wanted to be on *Carter's* team because he wanted to "learn from the best." Not much learning in evidence in S9.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        that's why I came to Samanda, Sony was the first place I went to, but since I came here I never went back.
        If I had found that place first, I never would have become a regular of online fandom. (oh wait, is that a good or bad thing? )

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          If I had found that place first, I never would have become a regular of online fandom. (oh wait, is that a good or bad thing? )
          Same here, and me neither. And I'm not so sure about that second part, myself!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            I totally agree with you LAD ... Astro's fic and, actually, all her fics are worthy of screen time! She thinks them out so thoroughly (if only some RL staff writers would follow her lead).

There's another epic, "Knife's Edge of Madness" by Strix, which would make a terrific episode or movie as a follow-up to Desperate Measures.

So many terrific writers here at Samanda that you could almost choose any of their stories! A literary cornucopia!!
            I agree. I just re-read that Strix story last night. Great stuff. It would be a tour de force for AT.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              I agree. I just re-read that Strix story last night. Great stuff. It would be a tour de force for AT.
              I agree. I vote for more Sam fics by Astro and Strix!!!

Come on ladies, we're waiting!!! Quite impatiently I might add.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                Going on holiday....

Cheerio for a while, Sam fans!

Have a good time, scari.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  It's slow going tonight. I kind of got this idea from another thread..the episode you'd like to see but know it won't be aired? Anyway, if you could pick a Sam fic to be made into an episode, which one would you pick?

I would have to pick Astro's "What Will It Take". Actually, it would make a better feature film than episode. While there is a lot of focus on Sam, and even Jack, all the characters get to shine. Old friends are brought back, the amount of work put into the story is amazing(very, VERY well thought out), and it sticks to canon. It's just a wonderful fic. I know I've said it before(and I hope I'm making you blush Astro), but it's my all time favorite fic. Ever.

So what's your pick?
                  Astro *did* blush

And the fics that I'd like to see made into a Stargate episode (or arc)

Rachel500's 'A Pond With No Fish'
                  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2945618/1/

and

Strix's 'The Knife Edge of Madness'
                  http://vikingchick.gyrfalcon.net/knife.htm

.... and I now see that Chopingal has beat me to that rec!

...and something along the lines of
                  'The Working Hour' by afq
                  http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...heworking.html

...and I'll wait to post additional ones until after others have posted their choices

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    It's slow going tonight. I kind of got this idea from another thread..the episode you'd like to see but know it won't be aired? Anyway, if you could pick a Sam fic to be made into an episode, which one would you pick?

I would have to pick Astro's "What Will It Take". Actually, it would make a better feature film than episode. While there is a lot of focus on Sam, and even Jack, all the characters get to shine. Old friends are brought back, the amount of work put into the story is amazing(very, VERY well thought out), and it sticks to canon. It's just a wonderful fic. I know I've said it before(and I hope I'm making you blush Astro), but it's my all time favorite fic. Ever.

So what's your pick?
                    I definitely second that! It's one of my all time favorites.
                    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                    Hic Comitas Regit
                    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      you know, i do disagree. I don't pick up on a lack of respect. What i do pick up on is some very real self interest and self indulgence. I don't think they've ever put them in a situation where cam has had to defer to the team...and (other than the cambo situations in various eps) they haven't put cam in the leadership role.

we've seen no sign of respect because we've seen no conflict. These people are pod people. They're the stepford Team. They don't argue, don't debate, don't get angry or pissy...it's just 'yes dear' endlessly.

Heck, jack and sam and daniel and teal'c disagreed all the time. that's part of what made it fun. That's what gave you some character development. this total agreement is boring. They might as well be a team of accountants for all the interpersonal issues we have going on
                      Hey! We accountants have interpersonal issues...Don't we? *Oh. My. God. No we don't*
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Heck, jack and sam and daniel and teal'c disagreed all the time. that's part of what made it fun. That's what gave you some character development. this total agreement is boring. They might as well be a team of accountants for all the interpersonal issues we have going on
                        Hey! *snickers* I'm an accountant! LOL

I'm probably more qualified than Cam to be on SG-1!

Comment

oh i dunno.

seems you must have a
                          Spoiler:
                          penis
                          to be the leader of the team

And unfortunately my dear suz, you don't have one of those (poor girl))
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

oh i dunno.

seems you must have a
                            Spoiler:
                            penis

I'd rep you if I could, Sky

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                              Hey! We accountants have interpersonal issues...Don't we? *Oh. My. God. No we don't*
                              pets the nice accountants
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

oh i dunno.

seems you must have a
                                Spoiler:
                                penis

Spoiler:

Do battery operated substitutes not count?

Ow! Ow! Stop hitting me, Sky!
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X