Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just got done rewatching 'pegasus project'

Spoiler:
    and i still feel the same way about it. meh.

and i know the HUGE reason why was mitchell. yes, broken record for me. i think i own my own record store now.

the leadership issue is a constant and sore wound, so this ep was really just picking at the wound.

but i'll tell you something... if this had been my first exposure to stargate sg1... i'd have come away thinking mitchell *and* sam were arrogant. and i would have come away a mckay fan. i really didn't think mckay was 'that' bad to be treated like that. and i really resent pulling sam into the 'cool kids' territory against socially inept mckay.

but mitchell... it seems i'll never get past my resentment of the leadership issue, even when they've worked on making mitchell actually act like an officer.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Going on holiday - I will have some episode catching up to do when I get back, but I don't have any illusions about ever being able to catch up on this thread

Cheerio for a while, Sam fans!

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        Going on holiday - I will have some episode catching up to do when I get back, but I don't have any illusions about ever being able to catch up on this thread

Take care, scarimor! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by allaboutthegate
          I haven't really seen many of the season Nine episodes but
          Spoiler:
          Of those that I have seen, Mitchell doesn't repect Sam, or the team. I don't know what It's called but the one where he tries to be a drug daler and calls her Mary Poppins I really didn't like him.
          Nice to meet you allaboutthegate! I hope we get to see you around these parts often from here on out!

Really, when it comes to Cameron...

Spoiler:
          I think we all have different "Cam thresholds," so it may take a constant viewing of his characterization, before you decide whether or not you buy him. I have my serious problems with the character, and the way in which he was introduced/developed, but you never know... You may like him by the tenth season.

Still, I think that Cameron respects Sam, and likes her as a friend and as a teammate. Ben Browder, whether it's intentional or not, has played Cameron as relatively deferential to Carter, Daniel and Teal'c. The writers' machismo definitely shines through with how they've developed his character (and Sheppard's), but for the most part, I don't see him directly insulting or disrespecting Carter - that pretty much seems to come from TPTB and their treatment of AT and the character they created a decade ago.

I honestly believe that, if Cameron does something stupid, we can pretty much always attribute it to the writers' need for a plot device, or to give him an actual purpose. As a result, it makes it easier for me to disregard any stupid things he does, because I'd like to think that there's a competent character underneath that action hero fantasy.

Cameron is a good guy at heart - he's just not "leader" material. Luckily, they seem to have a collective handle on the guy now. Let's hope that isn't blown to smithereens in the coming episodes, though.

Comment

Hey thanks, yeah I'll be on here alot in the future don't worry

Spoiler:
            I really think that the writers are turning Sam into a 'pretty girl' well this is the impression I got from Season Nine. Which is not how I like Sam! I hope it doesn't continue into Season Ten

So far, Season Ten is miles ahead of Season Nine, in my opinion.

Comment

See ya scarimor...have a great holiday!!!!

Night Samanda....I'm off to read some fics!!
              TTFN...take care and be safe and most importantly....smile and be happy coz...LTS!!!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Looking for a Beta reader for somewhat of a shipper story. Interested please email me.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  It's slow going tonight. I kind of got this idea from another thread..the episode you'd like to see but know it won't be aired? Anyway, if you could pick a Sam fic to be made into an episode, which one would you pick?

I would have to pick Astro's "What Will It Take". Actually, it would make a better feature film than episode. While there is a lot of focus on Sam, and even Jack, all the characters get to shine. Old friends are brought back, the amount of work put into the story is amazing(very, VERY well thought out), and it sticks to canon. It's just a wonderful fic. I know I've said it before(and I hope I'm making you blush Astro), but it's my all time favorite fic. Ever.

So what's your pick?
                  I totally agree with you LAD ... Astro's fic and, actually, all her fics are worthy of screen time! She thinks them out so thoroughly (if only some RL staff writers would follow her lead).

There's another epic, "Knife's Edge of Madness" by Strix, which would make a terrific episode or movie as a follow-up to Desperate Measures.

So many terrific writers here at Samanda that you could almost choose any of their stories! A literary cornucopia!!

Comment

I haven't really seen many of the season Nine episodes but
                    Spoiler:
                    Of those that I have seen, Mitchell doesn't repect Sam, or the team. I don't know what It's called but the one where he tries to be a drug daler and calls her Mary Poppins I really didn't like him.
                    you know, i do disagree. I don't pick up on a lack of respect. What i do pick up on is some very real self interest and self indulgence. I don't think they've ever put them in a situation where cam has had to defer to the team...and (other than the cambo situations in various eps) they haven't put cam in the leadership role.

we've seen no sign of respect because we've seen no conflict. These people are pod people. They're the stepford Team. They don't argue, don't debate, don't get angry or pissy...it's just 'yes dear' endlessly.

Heck, jack and sam and daniel and teal'c disagreed all the time. that's part of what made it fun. That's what gave you some character development. this total agreement is boring. They might as well be a team of accountants for all the interpersonal issues we have going on
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Enjoy yourself and return soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        you know, i do disagree. I don't pick up on a lack of respect. What i do pick up on is some very real self interest and self indulgence. I don't think they've ever put them in a situation where cam has had to defer to the team...and (other than the cambo situations in various eps) they haven't put cam in the leadership role.

we've seen no sign of respect because we've seen no conflict. These people are pod people. They're the stepford Team. They don't argue, don't debate, don't get angry or pissy...it's just 'yes dear' endlessly.

Heck, jack and sam and daniel and teal'c disagreed all the time. that's part of what made it fun. That's what gave you some character development. this total agreement is boring. They might as well be a team of accountants for all the interpersonal issues we have going on.
                        Holy Hannah, I'm ROTFLMAO ... wait 'til Coley reads this one! My Crystal Skull will pale in comparison!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          Oh, I like the way you think Mandy! I'd like to see her in some kick-butt action movie.
                          same here. But i would like it to be a 'present day' movie. Not scifi or fantasy. I'd love to see her take a break from that genre, even for one project and do something 'normal'

not just for her to take a break but so that others can take her seriously adn not dismiss it as 'oh, that's just a scifi project'
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Hey all,

Just had time to watch the latest ep. So thought I'd drop in. Wowsers! I agree with her Oooooberness, I really enjoyed the ep a lot!!<snip>
                            Great ep! I'll definitely re-watch it again. [/spoilers]

mini(the happy!)geek
                            I haven't seen it yet, but I'll take the liberty of borrowing a line from the Anti Season 10 thread: "if Mini likes it, I'll probably like it, too." A la those Life cereal commercials ("if mikey likes it").
                            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                              I haven't seen it yet, but I'll take the liberty of borrowing a line from the Anti Season 10 thread: "if Mini likes it, I'll probably like it, too." A la those Life cereal commercials ("if mikey likes it").
                              LOL that is high praise!

I did like it. There were moments (like Cameron having 'final say' over whether they proceeded with one of the experiments at one point that rankled a tiny bit) but other than a couple of those, I had fun watching and for me, having fun watching is what it's all about. So I decided not to overanalyze it this time and simply admit - TPP had some fantabulistic Carter moments in it, some very neat writing, and it's an episode I'll almost certainly watch again!

Hugs,
                              mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I thought it was good.

Comment

Working...
                                X