• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    sonofa!...

i misinterpreted the coming attractions. i thought
    Spoiler:
    the very last scene, when mitchell yelled 'sam!'... i thought it was baal that was right behind her, but it's... argh, that guy that likes sam that's in the nid! this completely changes the danger!

sally
    I couldn't download it...what happened in that clip??? I could hear it but the picture kept freezing!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      To everyone on this thread - thanks for playing. I have enjoyed it and I wish you all well. I hope that S10 improves and that you find something to enjoy - it is all in the perception and opinion and unfortunately mine is negative and likely always will be from here on. I may lurk a while to see if anything strikes my fancy (maybe the second half will improve but I won't be holding my breath) and to see if AT gets out of this disaster and moves on to something else worth her talent. If she does I would like to know since I would likely at least take a look at what she does next because I really do think that of the bunch on the show she certainly has the most talent.

Take care everyone. See ya.

One last thing - but certainly not least - I would like to thank Sally for starting this thread many moons and almost 48,000 posts ago.
      Ugh. I'm not good at long good-byes, so I'll just start: Take care, bink. Stay in touch. I believe you have my email address, and lurking is ALWAYS a nice way to stay in the loop without getting caught in all of the insanity of the online fandom.

I'm a firm believer that, if things are working out negatively enough, so much so that it's eeking the joy out of our everyday lives, it's time to pack it in. I'm wondering if I'll be needing to quit the show some time before March (though I doubt I could - and, besides, I could never quit you guys! *cue Brokeback joke*).

But I can totally understand why others may be leaving before the series ends for good. The Pegasus Project, personally, gave me some hope for the rest of the season, even though the logical side of me KNOWS that there probably won't be any other episodes written by Brad Wright, unless it's the season/series finale (*crosses fingers*).

Bink, though I know you've been pretty disillusioned by the series' direction for some time now, I'm glad you stuck with it. It was great to have your insight on different issues, and you helped keep the flow of varying opinions going. I liked that.

Again, take care and hug your DVD collection tight. Come back and visit some time in January.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        To prevent triple posting, I thought I'd add this...

S10 preview/promo spoilers
        Spoiler:
        I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I find it kinda funny/weird/interesting/ironic that the past three episode promos, starting from Morpheus and ending with Insiders, showed a whole heckuvalot of Sam - Sam in peril, Sam in the line of fire, Sam + explosions, etc.

I don't know what to make of THAT little tidbit either, considering TPTB totally pimped "Morpheus" as a Vala+Humor ep (nothing against that) and "The Pegasus Project" as a Daniel+Atlantis ep (nothing against that either... really).

I mention it, because I'd kinda accepted the fact that Sam would be a loyal and true anchor of the show (alongside Daniel and Teal'c), who helped remind us of the Stargate of Old, but who really didn't have much to do for the rest of the season. And, considering how much Sci Fi just lurves to pimp SG-1's new characters as well, I honestly did not expect to see promos that featured much of Sam at all. I've gotta say I'm surprised - either it's a bit of ignorance on someone's part, or someone, somewhere thinks that viewers actually care about what happens to Carter, of all people. We'll see, I guess.
        I've noticed the same thing... and, I could be totally wrong... but my gut says that
        Spoiler:
        someone, somewhere decided it would be Politically Correct and/or Smart to pimp Carter for Season 10. Perhaps some of the negative feedback RE the leadership issue and Carter's reduced role finally did get across to someone.

Maybe... perhaps...

However, much of Season 10 had already been filmed, the story arcs already mapped out and written and done. They've already mapped out Mitchell as the New Male Lead, Center of the Show, Leader of SG-1. They've already written and filmed their Vala centric episodes or scenes and focus.

For the promos, I think that they are making the most of what they did write Carter doing in Season 10.

So... I'd say that you are right... they are definitely showcasing Carter more often in the spoilers for Season 10 (more than in Season 9)...

Comment

Originally posted by astro
          I set about to make a list of the times that Sam *didn't* know the answer
          Can't green you right now, astrogeo. Liked your post! it's food for thought, and perhaps I can add to the list later.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
            I couldn't download it...what happened in that clip??? I could hear it but the picture kept freezing!
            Spoiler:
            when i saw it quickly at the end of peg project, it was barrett and they both turn. i wanted it to be sam alone and baal behind her! how scary would that be?!

i still don't know what's going to happen in (insert name of next week's ep), but i like my version a LOT more!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              Spoiler:
              when i saw it quickly at the end of peg project, it was barrett and they both turn. i wanted it to be sam alone and baal behind her! how scary would that be?!
              Spoiler:
              That would be pretty freaky, Sally! Sam all alone and Ba'al right there! What would be interesting as well would be if Jack were still there, with their history and all. But it's just harmless Agent Barrett. Regardless, something has to happen to make Mitchell yell Sam's name. We shall see!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                Spoiler:
                That would be pretty freaky, Sally! Sam all alone and Ba'al right there! What would be interesting as well would be if Jack were still there, with their history and all. But it's just harmless Agent Barrett. Regardless, something has to happen to make Mitchell yell Sam's name. We shall see!
                I'll bet (Season 10 spoilers and speculation)
                Spoiler:
                that both Barrett and Sam go down, and it turns out that Barret was shot or hit by shrapnel by an explosion.

Of course, it would be great turnabout if Sam is covering Barrett - ala the way that he covered her when that house exploded. It would also be cool if she got whumped saving Barrett from getting hurt.

Comment

spoilers below......wow i worked out how to use that thing!

Spoiler:
                  When i first watched Pegasus Project I thought that it was a Really Good episode, but slightly disappointing. But after watching parts of it again and thinking about it i find that i have enjoyed it much more - and it's because of those subtle differences - they way the characters were written and how they interacted. Brad Wright really is a great writer and definately knows the characters the best - and also writes the ones he had no part in creating better than the ones who did, it shows why he is the main head guy in stargate, even if i don't agree with some of his (if they were his) choices. The other good thing about his episodes is that he usually always writes all the characters well, especially sam, Who i thought was great in this episode.

The Pegasus Project really shows how far sam has come in my opinion, when she first met Mckay she had ALOT of trouble handling him, though she did better there second meeting, in this episode even though he was his usual annoying (and hilarious) self, she had absolutely no problems what so ever and sort of outshone him again, which i loved - that is what worried me about pegasus, because sam seems to be on the back burner in terms of story focus i thought he would end up being the one who got THE IDEA that saved the day, i'm glad he didn't and shes still the Super Genius she always has been.
                  Daniel was Really Great aswell in my opinion, and i loved the moment between him and sam when they arrived at Atlantis - this was the main thing that season 9 lacked, true character interaction and so far in season 10 its seems that this will no longer be the case. I have alot of hope for season 10 now even though season 9 was a bit disappointing especially for the Big 3.

Amanda Tapping and David Hewlett have such great chemestry and i also really like Sam's very small moment with sheppard aswell - i would love to see them interact.

Flesh and Blood - 8.5/10
                  Morpheus - 7/10
                  The Pegasus Project 9/10

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    I'll bet (Season 10 spoilers and speculation)
                    Spoiler:
                    that both Barrett and Sam go down, and it turns out that Barret was shot or hit by shrapnel by an explosion.

Of course, it would be great turnabout if Sam is covering Barrett - ala the way that he covered her when that house exploded. It would also be cool if she got whumped saving Barrett from getting hurt.
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam whumping? Where? Poor Sam. Why do we want to whump her? I don't mind some whumping as long as she gets to whoop up on someone sometime.

Comment

Night Samandans..I'm off early today...would love to stick around but the mum inlaw is coming over for dinner...gotta go get ready...tidy house and all!!
                      Take care and be safe....and smile and be happy...LTS!!!!!
                      Thanks for the reply Sally!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam salutes you!

Comment

I didn't post much over the last weeks but...

Happy Birthday Dani!!!!

... and to all others I may have missed!

Comment

I have my SG music videos going tonight, and I came across a good Sam one. Go here and scroll down to 'One Girl Revolution'. There's also a good Jacob/Sam one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                                I have my SG music videos going tonight, and I came across a good Sam one. Go here and scroll down to 'One Girl Revolution'. There's also a good Jacob/Sam one as well.
                                Great rec, LA! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X