X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kes
    Wow great pic. Really cool look.
    Spoiler:
    But it doesnt look like a wedding dress.
    Well...
    Spoiler:
    Those aren't children she's sitting next to. A certain "Lollipop" song comes to mind... So either she's gettin' hitched in OZ, or else you guys are right and she's the good witch!

Come to think of it, on closer inspection, none of the decor actually looks Egyptian either.

Har,
    mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Your scenario was the second one I was kicking around in my mind. It just doesn't scream [spoilersold]WEDDING[/spoilersold] to me.
      Spoiler:
      Yeah, I'm not really getting a "wedding" vibe either. Don't get me wrong, it could very well be the wedding scene. Lord knows I have no idea what exactly to expect from the episode. I do have to say, though, that I am looking forward to 200. And I can't really say that about too many of the episodes after 200. Hopefully, Line in the Sand and The Shroud will be the homeruns they need to be, because heaven help them if the likes of Bounty is what is to come in the second half of season ten. Motorcycle chases, dragons, and highschool dances aren't exactly what I expect from SG-1. Those things might work for 200, but not for your everyday, run-of-the-mill episode.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Well...
        Spoiler:
        Those aren't children she's sitting next to. A certain "Lollipop" song comes to mind... So either she's gettin' hitched in OZ, or else you guys are right and she's the good witch!

Har,
        mg
        Yeh.
        Spoiler:
        Maybe its just Carter imagening her version of The wizard of OZ. Like a dream squence. On the other hand that sure has hell doesnt look like the Good Witch's dress lol

Comment

Originally posted by kes
          Yeh.
          Spoiler:
          Maybe its just Carter imagening her version of The wizard of OZ. Like a dream squence. On the other hand that sure has hell doesnt look like the Good Witch's dress lol
          Doesn't it also look like
          Spoiler:
          she's got people kneeling at her feet, staring up at her adoringly? From in front, you can partially see their heads (they're Samandans, of course ).

And that rug looks comfy. But the bed.. no way could she fit into that bed.

Reference:
          http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4315/100613gk5.jpg

??

Comment

Spoiler:
            she's got people kneeling at her feet, staring up at her adoringly? From in front, you can partially see their heads (they're Samandans, of course ).

Reference:

??

LOL
            Spoiler:
            By the dress and the tend like thing she's in I'm more incline to a Lord of the Rings homage type thing.
            Can anyone see her hears? Are they pointy??LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kes
              LOL
              Spoiler:
              By the dress and the tend like thing she's in I'm more incline to a Lord of the Rings homage type thing.
              Can anyone see her hears? Are they pointy??LOL
              Hm. Maybe.
              Spoiler:
              Hobbits?

Comment

Hm. Maybe.
                Spoiler:
                Hobbits?
                Could be.

Comment

Well they did have
                  Spoiler:
                  John Noble
                  in S9. Maybe an extension of this?

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                    Well they did have
                    Spoiler:
                    John Noble
                    in S9. Maybe an extension of this?
                    Yeh lol I spent the entire ep going like: Where do I know this dude from?!

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                      Yeh lol I spent the entire ep going like: Where do I know this dude from?!

Glad to be of service.

Comment

Spoiler:

Reference:

??

Oh, my, I can't work out whether she's supposed to be
                        Spoiler:
                        an elf or a wraith! lol! Whatever the heck the backstory is it looks very un-Carter-like! And I really hope that isn't the wedding dress, I mean, what are they gonna do? Re-name Carter 'Lady Galadriel' and dress Rick up as Celeborn (Galadriel's husband)?!? Well, I guess Jack does like trees so they could live together in Calas Garadon (the city of trees!)

Oh, BTW, Sam's elvish name is 'Merenwen Amandil' and Jack's is 'Finwë Elensar' just in case you were curious!

I used: http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/ to translate Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill

Their hobbit names are: Sam:'Ruby Boggy-Hillocks' and Jack:'Sancho Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern'

Jedi names are more complicated to calculate because you need 'home town', 'fave actor actress' (we know Jack's but not Sam's) and a prescription medication!
                        Last edited by AmberLM; 27 July 2006, 12:12 PM.
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Actually, Kat was wondering if she's
                          Spoiler:
                          Glenda the Good Witch.
                          That would make sense too.
                          Spoiler:
                          And maybe Vala's the Wicked Witch.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                            Spoiler:
                            Yeah, I'm not really getting a "wedding" vibe either. Don't get me wrong, it could very well be the wedding scene. Lord knows I have no idea what exactly to expect from the episode. I do have to say, though, that I am looking forward to 200. And I can't really say that about too many of the episodes after 200. Hopefully, Line in the Sand and The Shroud will be the homeruns they need to be, because heaven help them if the likes of Bounty is what is to come in the second half of season ten. Motorcycle chases, dragons, and highschool dances aren't exactly what I expect from SG-1. Those things might work for 200, but not for your everyday, run-of-the-mill episode.
                            I'm trying to remind myself that most of this episode will intentionally be written as a farce...that way I won't be put off by too much of it. Or that's the theory at any rate. I guess we'll see how well I do in application in a month or so.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Well, I think she looks very pretty in that pic. I don't think it's wedding garb, BUT I have NO idea what to expect from this ep. As for Jack and the wedding, of course I want Jack and Sam getting married! Now if it's a wedding and AT is not playing Sam, but another character, then who cares if Jack/RDA officiates! Also, Sam looks a lot happier in '200' than I've seen her in a long time. Gee, I wonder why. I know I'll be happier than I've been in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                                Oh, my, I can't work out whether she's supposed to be
                                Spoiler:
                                an elf or a wraith! lol! Whatever the heck the backstory is it looks very un-Carter-like! And I really hope that isn't the wedding dress, I mean, what are they gonna do? Re-name Carter 'Lady Galadriel' and dress Rick up as Celeborn (Galadriel's husband)?!? Well, I guess Jack does like trees so they could live together in Calas Garadon (the city of trees!)

Oh, BTW, Sam's elvish name is 'Merenwen Amandil' and Jack's is 'Finwë Elensar' just in case you were curious!

I used: http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/ to translate Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill

Their hobbit names are: Sam:'Ruby Boggy-Hillocks' and Jack:'Sancho Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern'

Jedi names are more complicated to calculate because you need 'home town', 'fave actor actress' (we know Jack's but not Sam's) and a prescription medication!
                                Ooh. My Hobbit name is: Melilot Danderfluff of Willowbottom and my Elf name is: Maranwë Calmcacil. Maranwë Calmcacil sure sounds cooler than Mary Beth House, hey?

Yadda Danderfluff of Willbottom. *snickers*

I love these kinds of things.
                                Last edited by Uber; 27 July 2006, 12:30 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X