Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    Of course she put an end to a romance with Mitchell...she's already with and in love with Jack!!
    Heehee, in yours and my worlds both, CS.

HOWEVER... she does also say in that interview that she's glad they "didn't go there with those two" (meaning Sam and Jack) while RDA was on the series, and she reiterates that she thinks S&J should just hook up once and mooove on. Har. No news there. Me thinks she doth protest too much!

Cheers,
    geekgirl

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Heehee, in yours and my worlds both, CS.

HOWEVER... she does also say in that interview that she's glad they "didn't go there with those two" (meaning Sam and Jack) while RDA was on the series, and she reiterates that she thinks S&J should just hook up once and mooove on. Har. No news there. Me thinks she doth protest too much!

Cheers,
      geekgirl
      Of course she doth protest way too much on that. I read somewhere (I think I read it on the Mala's World thread) that someone asked "Sam" at Shore Leave if she could get Jack's number because Sam wasn't interested or wasn't using it. To Which "Sam" got defensive. Now, you can't have it both ways. Either take him or leave him to me...I mean free him. Stop teasing us.
      sigpic

Comment

Amanda supports Sam/Janet ship. And I'm not kidding either

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          While in the Berkshires again, I had the good fortune to share another girls’ night out with Stargate’s two leading ladies. They continue to bare it all while sharing more of their experiences. Katie Couric, eat your heart out as Jester proudly presents …

The Hot Tub Dialogues - Redux

Jester: Tell me, what brings you both back to these lovely mountains and to the same hot tub?
          Sam: We had such a great time bonding at Thanksgiving that Val suggested we do it again. It’s been quite a year. At first, I didn’t know what to make of the chick. (Glances at Vala and both giggle.) She was just all over Daniel and, actually, most of the other guys at SGC too – even Woolsey for Apophis’ sake. Thank goodness, Jack was in Washington DC.
          Vala: Yes, I do seem to over-compensate at times for my past life, er, lives.
          Sam: See? That’s what bugs the heck out of me, Val. I mean, let’s be real here. I had the same problem with Jolinar. It’s not that easy being snaked and having a conversation with your other half. And Jolinar had to play naughty to make her escape. But I never let that become a part of my own libido.
          Vala (using a loofah to lather her bare arms): Different strokes for different folks.
          Jester: Excuse me, but I thought you two had bonded and wanted to hang out in this tub? It seems like your lifestyles are still pretty incompatible.
          Sam: It’s true. She’s into sensuality and, frankly, I’m into speed. Bikes turn me on.
          Vala: Bikers turn me on.
          Jester: Can we change gears here? (Sam and Vala groan.) I just mean … you’re giving me this second interview and I don’t want to miss the opportunity to really find out what made you two friends. I’m still not getting the connection.
          Sam: It had to happen. General Landry began to notice that we were not exactly seeing eye to eye at the briefings.
          Vala (now dabbing sunscreen on her cheeks): That whole technobabble thing is so b-o-r-i-n-g and, really Sam, I think it’s your way of being a big tease.
          Sam: Excuse me?
          Vala: You get up there at the blackboard and draw all those convoluted diagrams while playing with your pointer and tracing cryptic outlines … the guys are just panting by the time you get done.
          Sam (swatting a mosquito on her bare arm): I beg your pardon! Why do you reduce everything to the lowest common denominator? Nanotechnology and quantum physics happen to be my passions! I just get excited about sharing my theories, is all. I’m sure the men know and respect my expertise. They always have.
          Vala: Go easy with the pointer. Trust me and respect my expertise.
          Jester: Uh, can we get back to what made you two friends?
          Sam: It’s no big thing. We were out on a mission and Cam was calling the shots. The guy is out of control sometimes.
          Vala: Yes, on that we both agree.
          Sam: So, there we were in a dense forest - trying to pry a Prior from a tree.
          Jester: At least you had your priorities in place. (Another groan.)
          Sam: This Prior had a fear of dogs and women.
          Vala: And since there were no hounds around, I decided to climb the tree and shake the guy down.
          Jester: I hear you’re very good at shakedowns.
          Sam: She is. But on this particular mission, seeing her shimmy up that tree, I finally realized that, under her blatant sexuality and annoying humor, there was a brave soul struggling to burst free.
          Vala: You are so right! I’m always struggling to burst free, especially with some of the clothes I’ve had to wear as a Goa’uld. What is it about alien dressmakers?
          Sam: You’re drifting - finish the story for Jester.
          Vala: Well, I scrambled up this tree while the guys and Sam covered my ah, you know what, and the Prior started wailing. I grabbed his legs and started pulling with all my might.
          Sam: It was so, so brave. I’d like to say that the Prior turned white with fright, but we couldn’t tell.
          Vala: He put up quite a struggle, calling me every name in the holy book but I wouldn’t let go of his boots. He tried to shake me off but I managed to get hold of his belt and then yanked hard and he and I came sliding down the tree.
          Sam: Unfortunately, I wasn’t fast enough to jump out of the way and Vala and her captive landed on top of me.
          Vala: Sorry, Sam. I still wince when I remember that crash landing. There you were, under the Prior, and there I was, on top of him. The almighty preacher died right there on the spot. It was his fear of women that did him in.
          Sam: So true. Dr. Lam called it the worst case of gynophobia she had ever seen.
          Vala: Sam and I were in the infirmary for a few nights, some broken ribs and nasty bruises. It was then that she and I got our idea.
          Jester: Your ‘idea’?
          Sam: Yes, we were still not so friendly but misery loves company and we soon found ourselves chatting about everything and anything. It soon became very educational.
          Vala: I learned how to change spark plugs on a vintage Volvo and Sam learned how to …
          Sam: Let’s just get on with the main part of the story.
          Vala: We were going out of our skulls with boredom and wanted to get back to the Gate and the missions. Dr. Lam would not give us a clean bill of health so …
          Sam: We pulled resources and made a deal with the good doctor.
          Vala: Sam got permission to borrow a Goa’uld healing device and we took turns healing each other.
          Jester: Brilliant move!
          Sam: Yes, I learned a more aggressive technique and Vala learned how to self-control a bit better.
          Vala: Self control is one of my issues.
          Sam: From then on, we feel like we have entered into a special relationship, not quite buddies but more like empowered women.
          Jester: I’ll drink to that. In fact, I think it’s time for me to get out of the tub and make us all some Margaritas.
          Jester climbs out of the tub as she hears …
          Sam: Val, can I borrow the loofah?
          Vala: Yeah, if you throw that Modern Science magazine over here ….
          ROTFLOL!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            Hello everyone,
            For the first time since April I have both a computer and access to the internet!
            As of today I am the owner of a shiny new PC.

The last time I came here I told you all that I might not be back for a while because we were changing our home network router. I think that might have been just a bit of an understatement .

Changing the router turned out to be quite simple, though the change from wireless to wired did leave me without internet for a couple of weeks as my wireless network card was rendered useless, and it took me some time before I could buy the appropriate ethernet cable in 15metre length to reach my room.
            During those weeks a worse fate struck my computer. One morning I was viewing some files on my computer when I thought I smelled something sweet like treacle. I went to the kitchen to see if someone in the house was cooking something that was burning, but nothing seemed to be wrong. On returning to my computer I found it in automatic reboot, and putting two and two together I hurriedly turned it off at the power. After taking it to a computer repair centre it was confirmed that my computer was indeed fried. Fortunately for me they could retrieve my data by putting my HD into an external case which I can now use as an external HD on my new computer via USB. However, there was to be no return to the living world for my PC.

The last few months have been a slow form of torture. I've had not only no access to the internet but limited access to any computer of any sort. I managed to get some time on one of the other computers in the house to watch the space shuttle launch this month via live streaming NASA tv, but I think that was because at 4am Australian time nobody else wanted to use it . It was well worth watching, and I'm immensely glad that both launch and landing went relatively smoothly in comparison to previous missions.

So here I am, finally. I've missed my Samandan family soooo much. I can't wait to go reading through the wonderful posts that have accumulated in my absence.
            While the computer I have now is not as good as what I had hoped for my next PC, it's amazing me how much faster it is at accessing GW and other pages on the internet. All going well I hope to be around more now .
            Welcome back, deepspace! You were missed!!!

And - wow, RE your computer... it really was 'fried'... folks make that comment all the time when their computers go 'belly up', but they usually just mean that their computer hardware has failed and had to be replaced...but yours... really was 'fried'... complete with real burning smell and all!

So glad to hear that you are back up and running, though! Welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              So, I'm sure you guys have all already talked about Amanda's AOL interview here already, but it does seem that Amanda's put the great big KAY-BAHSH on any "romance" between Carter and Mitchell .. which (IMHO!) is great news indeed. No chance of her becomming the girl who always falls for the other military guy...

Happy Monday!!!
              geeek
              woohoo!!!

cam is too childish for sam anyway. and together, they're Scam, which is not a good thing
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                i thought that ship was dead in the water...or woods (bah doom boom)
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

HAHAHAHAA...I love that remark "scam"
                  A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
                  Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Yep she sure does, AD. And if I were her, I'd support it too! Janet was a sweetheart.

Comment

So... shameless self-and-friend promotion (sorta!). Anni and I got together on another mini story. It's an introspective Sam idea I had in my head for a while. If it sucks, it's all my fault! No 'ship to speak of either (ahem). Just a little ditty that might have taken place during Jacob Carter's funeral.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3063248/1/

mg

Comment

Ohhhh mannn. I just read the GW homepage about the "possible two feature film sequels" to the original Stargate movie (complete with Spader and Russell). Wow. I can't help but think that would really SUCK. Imagine investing 10 years of your life into a character only to have a couple of other numpties come out and get to do the feature films ! Not to mention the characters that would never make it on screen if that happened (*cough*SamCarter*cough*). That really BITES. Much as I did enjoy that first feature film when it came out, I really hope the pitch for the two sequels with Spader and Russell never ever gets a green light.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="4"]While in the Berkshires again, I had the good fortune to share another girls’ night out with Stargate’s two leading ladies. They continue to bare it all while sharing more of their experiences. Katie Couric, eat your heart out as Jester proudly presents …

The Hot Tub Dialogues - Redux
                          Wonderful. Unfortunately my jello supply is not replenished yet. Loved the crack about the prior's white face.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            i thought that ship (Sam/Jan) was dead in the water...or woods (bah doom boom)
                            Oh. Ouch. That was heartless, Sky! Heartless!

Comment

OK... RE the 200th episode... here is a whimsical direction...
                              Spoiler:

Now, I'm *not* looking forward to the 'farce episode'... because I don't handle being made fun of very well... and I know that they are going to make fun of the fans in some of the episode 'sketches'... I love humor, but I don't like the type of humor that makes fun of others (and a lot of humor has its basis in that, so I often find myself wincing or even hurting when I see both the humor in something - and the 'slam' or insult that is inherent)

OK, that aside, I've been really *not* looking forward to the 'puppet sequence' that they keep talking about in the 200th episode... And it now sounds like they are going to be making fun of Carter's COTG feminist diatribe (again)... they'll probably have the puppet Carter be a ball-breaking feminist or some such... Personally, I think they need to stop bringing that scene up (the one where she says her reproductive organs are in the inside...), because every time they bring it up, it reinforces it and gives it more validity. For me, that scene is 10 years ago, Carter never said anything like it again, and it doesn't define the character that developed over the ensuing 10 years. Unless they keep bringing it up. Which they are apparently going to do. Too bad.

So... what popped into my head last night?

A Sam-Vala puppet scene. It must have been Chopingal's influence (after reading her 'hot tub' post!

--------

The Sam and Vala puppets are somewhere together.

The Sam puppet is intently working on some technology of some sort. Something tricky, potentially dangerous, and something that takes all of her attention.

The Vala puppet, on the other hand, doesn't have anything to do... and she's bored... no Daniel puppet around... no other male puppets around to bait conversationally...

So, she's trying to decide how to engage Carter in conversation.

She tries poking around at the various techno-items (doohickeys) that are on the lab table where Carter isn't working.

The Carter puppet ignores her.

She makes a comment or two about Daniel and/or other males on base. Carter replies with non-commital 'uh-huh's or such. Can't tell by Carter's responses if she agrees with Vala or not... in fact, it seems obvious that she really isn't listening to Vala, but is trying to be polite by not completely ignoring her.

There's no true animosity here.
                              Carter's just absorbed in some cool doohickey
                              and Vala's bored.

Vala realizes that Carter's probably not listening at all to what Vala is really saying... so she says a few outrageous things... Like 'Did you hear that 'Landry was caught snogging with the new alien leader from P5X-395?' (completely making it up to see what Sam's response is).

Sam's response is the same 'Uh-huh'.

So, Vala says another equally outrageous comment. Perhaps about General O'Neill... or Daniel or Cam or Teal'c.... or all of them.

Sam responds with another ''Uh-huh'.

With Sam's inattention now fully proven, Vala goes for the completely overt... yet childish (and yet playful)... she pokes Sam in the arm. (I think this would be completely in character for Vala).

Sam stops and looks at Vala in surprise and consternation. "What?"

Vala gives her a smirky smile. "I'm bored. I thought we could have some girl-talk. Get to know each other. Dish on the guys...?"

One of Sam's eyebrows climb in surprise and slight puzzlement and consternation. "I'm working on this [fill in the technobabble here]"

"You could take a break?" Vala's reply comes with that same smirky smile and an expectation that her wishes will be met (she's bored and wants Carter to amuse her).

"Maybe later." Carter is polite, but turns back to her doohickey.

Poke, poke.

The Vala puppet pokes Carter in the arm again.

They exchange short dialogue as Carter continues to try and work on her doohickey while Vala continues to try and press her into conversation. Vala takes this on as her new purpose for the moment.

Poke, poke.

----

And then...

"Hey!!"...."That's my arm!"

"We can talk later!"

"Yeah, but that was my ARM!"

"You're only a puppet - put it back on.." said with a rolling of the eyes and a tired voice.

-------

The Vala puppet is now with the Daniel puppet.

"Daniel! Look at what Colonel Carter did to me!"

Daniel sees Vala holding her unattached left arm in her right hand.

The Daniel puppet laughs openly. "Ooops, I guess you just learned not to poke Sam when she's working!" And continues laughing.

"She ripped my arm off!" Said with incredulity.

"You poked her!"

"You could have warned me!" Huffily and with accusation.

"Yeah, but it's more fun this way!" The Daniel puppet replies with glee.

The Teal'c puppet enters.

"Teal'c, look at this!" The Vala puppet holds out her torn off puppet arm.

The Teal'c puppet's eyebrow raises. "Never poke Colonel Carter when she is working on a doohickey." Said solemnly and as if it is a truism of life learned at an early age.

"No sympathy? And why didn't you warn me!" In a demanding tone.

"Some things are best learned experientially," Teal'c replies with a grin.

The Cam puppet enters.

"Cam, look at this!" Vala demands, still looking for sympathy, but not expecting it at this time.

"Wow, what happened?" Cam replies sympathetically and with large eyes.

Before Vala can explain, Daniel interjects, "Think carefully here, about your options, Vala"

The Vala puppet stops with her mouth wide open to reply to Cam... looks at Daniel... looks at the Teal'c puppet. Thinks about the fact that Cam doesn't know... yet..

--------

Later... The Cam puppet is with the Sam puppet. The Sam puppet is working on her doohickey and the Cam puppet is now bored. It's been awhile since the others sent him down here to talk with Sam. And she's focussed on her doohickey.

He's bored.

Poke, poke...

--------

Sorry all... this is what happens when my muse is affected by Chopingal's hot tub scenes!

I just couldn't get the image out of my head of the Vala puppet poking the Carter puppet in the arm. Sam's resulting exasperation. And then Vala holding her ripped-off puppet arm and Sam going on with her doohickey work. They are just puppets!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                                Hello everyone,
                                For the first time since April I have both a computer and access to the internet!
                                As of today I am the owner of a shiny new PC.

The last time I came here I told you all that I might not be back for a while because we were changing our home network router. I think that might have been just a bit of an understatement .

Changing the router turned out to be quite simple, though the change from wireless to wired did leave me without internet for a couple of weeks as my wireless network card was rendered useless, and it took me some time before I could buy the appropriate ethernet cable in 15metre length to reach my room.
                                During those weeks a worse fate struck my computer. One morning I was viewing some files on my computer when I thought I smelled something sweet like treacle. I went to the kitchen to see if someone in the house was cooking something that was burning, but nothing seemed to be wrong. On returning to my computer I found it in automatic reboot, and putting two and two together I hurriedly turned it off at the power. After taking it to a computer repair centre it was confirmed that my computer was indeed fried. Fortunately for me they could retrieve my data by putting my HD into an external case which I can now use as an external HD on my new computer via USB. However, there was to be no return to the living world for my PC.

The last few months have been a slow form of torture. I've had not only no access to the internet but limited access to any computer of any sort. I managed to get some time on one of the other computers in the house to watch the space shuttle launch this month via live streaming NASA tv, but I think that was because at 4am Australian time nobody else wanted to use it . It was well worth watching, and I'm immensely glad that both launch and landing went relatively smoothly in comparison to previous missions.

So here I am, finally. I've missed my Samandan family soooo much. I can't wait to go reading through the wonderful posts that have accumulated in my absence.
                                While the computer I have now is not as good as what I had hoped for my next PC, it's amazing me how much faster it is at accessing GW and other pages on the internet. All going well I hope to be around more now .
                                Wow, what a trial. So good to see you back, little page. We have missed you.

Comment

Working...
                                X