X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Sam and Vala friendship????

If they dress Vala in normal cloths
    Have you seen season 10 pics (from Morpheus, The Pegasus Project and Insiders so far) at Stargate Emedian website? How MORE normal can Vala's clothes be than in these pics?
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      we do know that amanda and claudia are going to aim for - as much as the boys allow - a peaceful coexistence. a bit of mutual respect although i doubt that they'll ever become close and personal friends

the crux will come in how much of what they're trying to do is allowed to exist. ultimate it's up to the editors (acting on direction from the director/producers...which in this case also happen to be the writers in many cases) and what stays in the show.

and we've also heard that at least one sam/vala friendship scene was cut for time

personally? i don't see them as fast friends either. I see a grudging respect growing. i see vala amused at sam's restraint and possibly yanking her chain as much as possible. but sam also has an evil side and i see her eventually indulging in that and putting vala back in her place.

i can also see sam being envious of vala's freedom to be, well free. envy mixed with incredulity at what she might be saying/doing.

it'll all depend on how toned down vala stays, or if she stays toned down.

vala of the first part of s9, the sex kitten???? i can see sam trading her with the closest village elder and oops, didn't she make it back????

in other words, sam would have little tolerance with the sex kitten. but if vala stays toned down and a bit more normal, then i think sam will eventually warm with her, but i just can't see a 'come stay at my place' closeness happening.
      One of the things we also have to keep in mind is that Vala was the host for the symbiote Qetesh. According to Eqyptian mythology, Qetesh was worshipped as the goddess of sacred ecstasy and sexual pleasure. She is depicted as a naked woman standing on a lion, with the crescent moon (representing the night) on her head. She was also shown holding snakes (representing the penis) in her right hand and lotus flowers (representing the vulva) in her left. Over time she had eventually became considered an aspect of Hathor, who had by that time become a goddess of pleasure.

I think had the writers actually went back to their mythological backgrounds and written a story to delve into these aspects of Vala's past, it would have been much easier for many of us to deal with the way she behaves.

We know that Hathor was on Earth and disappeared for over 2000 years according to Stargate canon. Perhaps we will find out that after Hathor's disappearance that Qetesh actually came to Earth and lived as a Goddess for quite some time. It will be interesting to see if the writers actually delve into this sort of background for Vala tonight.

Honestly, I think having been the host for the Goddess of sexual pleasure sort of gives credence to Vala's OTT behavior. It's just really sad that they writers didn't feel that any of us really needed to get any background information in the first six episodes of season nine, perhaps then we would have shown a bit more empathy for what she has had to go through and why she behaved the way she did. Yes they gave us brief glimpses into Vala's past, but overall I think they did a poor job of trying to make us like her.

I think the writers could do an amazing episode where Vala actually opens up about her past. I just couldn't imagine her describing the things she has been forced to do as a host of Qetesh to one of the guys, but I really think Vala could open up to Sam with such detail and I think it provide Amanda and Claudia with a very emotional and touching storyline that could allow their characters to bond.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Yes they gave us brief glimpses into Vala's past, but overall I think they did a poor job of trying to make us like her.
        What, that spoiling-the-spoil montage (in TPTB) with the slo-mo and the wind and the dust didn't do it for you?

but I really think Vala could open up to Sam
        cue juvenile snickering

Comment

the ratings for s3-5 really do'nt count since they were on showtime. and showtime, being subscription only, is far different from scifi

it'd belike comparing the ratings of a show on NBC with a show on the Hallmark Channel

apples and oranges i'm afraid
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh, here's a F&B plot bunny for ya

Spoiler:
            ok, sam's out there floating helplessly. and the lucian alliance shows up. they and the odyssey banter and the odyssey calls their bluff

well.....what if the lucian alliance happen to find out that sam's out there and pick her up as a hostage.

or, even better for the creative amongst us, what if sam had managed to find her way ONTO the lucian ship and worked to rescue teal'c, and get the pair of them off on her own???

anyone up to the challenge??
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
              Have you seen season 10 pics (from Morpheus, The Pegasus Project and Insiders so far) at Stargate Emedian website? How MORE normal can Vala's clothes be than in these pics?
              I try and avoid spoilers but I have seen a couple of photo's and posted my approval right here on the thread. I'm going off what I saw in season 9 - and I have no interest in seeing at all ever again in SG1!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Honestly, I think having been the host for the Goddess of sexual pleasure sort of gives credence to Vala's OTT behavior. It's just really sad that they writers didn't feel that any of us really needed to get any background information in the first six episodes of season nine, perhaps then we would have shown a bit more empathy for what she has had to go through and why she behaved the way she did. Yes they gave us brief glimpses into Vala's past, but overall I think they did a poor job of trying to make us like her.

It is an explanation or an excuse, but I'm sorry Kat I'm just not interested in seeing females portrayed in this way. Too many women are being sexually used and abused in the world today to ever make pandering to man's shallow desires, partaking in sex to gain trust to steal and spouting sexual innuendo "fun" If they had made the character more tragic possibly I would have been more sympathetic.

I would have preferred Claudia to have played a gritty airforce/special ops soldier joining SG1. However that wouldn't have given TPTB an excuse for the gratuitus use of cleavage. If you have noticed the latter seasons all have Goau'ld females wearing next to nothing. I'm afrarid the producers should grow up.

Women should never be given the idea that behaving like this is fun or would attract a decent sensitive soul like Daniel. Behaving like Vala is usually going to attract the most shallow of men. And we all know who on the production front was most enamoured with Vala!!

Vala as portrayed in season 9 just lowered the Stargate SG1 bar to a very low level.

Comment

Isnt Morpheos showing tonight? Or is it on saturday? Any spoilers? If its today of course

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    ooh, here's a F&B plot bunny for ya

Spoiler:
                    ok, sam's out there floating helplessly. and the lucian alliance shows up. they and the odyssey banter and the odyssey calls their bluff

well.....what if the lucian alliance happen to find out that sam's out there and pick her up as a hostage.

or, even better for the creative amongst us, what if sam had managed to find her way ONTO the lucian ship and worked to rescue teal'c, and get the pair of them off on her own???

anyone up to the challenge??
                    About that plot bunny:
                    Spoiler:
                    I like the idea of Sam getting onto the LA ship, however: 1) she can't move from her position, so you'd have to find a way to get her mobile....,chews bottom lip in thought.... she... vents her own oxygen, creating some forward momentum, in a bid to get to an opening she sees in the Mothership's hull? Dangerous, foolhardy, perhaps, but given just the right context, it might be believable. Maybe the mothership unknowingly manoeuvers itself between Sam and the Earth ship Whatisname(I can't keep track) so she has no other choice but to take drastic action.

2) Once inside, she can't move in the suit. She needed four technicians to take it off her.... OW!... bit my lip a little too hard, there... Nope, I can't get past that obstacle. You?
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Thanks Astro for all the stats and graphs

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                        Isnt Morpheos showing tonight? Or is it on saturday? Any spoilers? If its today of course
                        Yes, it's tonight. and spoilers for Morpheus:
                        Spoiler:
                        From the Albuquerque Tribune (Albuquerque, NM): What's on tonight: Friday

By Mary-Ann McBride
                        July 21, 2006

The team gets very, very sleepy on "Stargate SG-1" (9 p.m., SciFi).

Nap time comes after Daniel (Michael Shanks) finds a gate address that could lead us to a powerful ancient weapon.

Earth is in desperate need of that weapon because we are seriously getting our butts whipped by the Ori. The god-impersonating baddies have invaded several more galaxies and so far there's nothing SG-1 can do about it.

SG-1 travels through the gate and discovers a village in which all the inhabitants died of a mysterious illness.

Unfortunately the team gets infected, too. Despite mainlining caffeine, they become loopy from sleep deprivation and, one by one, the unimportant members of the expedition fall into a deep sleep.

A Starbucks could make so much money on that planet.

Back on Earth, Vala (Claudia Black) undergoes a psychological evaluation to determine if she is fit to join the Stargate Command.

In a typical Vala move, she uses the Internet to cheat on her evaluation. She also tries to use her feminine wiles but is thwarted when her lies are exposed by a pesky polygraph.

Poor Vala. And here I thought she was an outstanding liar.

Comment

from the spoilers ive read about morpheus, it seems like a pretty good episode. i know i wont see it until its on the uk, but the spoiler in my opinion is encouraging

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            It is an explanation or an excuse, but I'm sorry Kat I'm just not interested in seeing females portrayed in this way. Too many women are being sexually used and abused in the world today to ever make pandering to man's shallow desires, partaking in sex to gain trust to steal and spouting sexual innuendo "fun" If they had made the character more tragic possibly I would have been more sympathetic.

I would have preferred Claudia to have played a gritty airforce/special ops soldier joining SG1. However that wouldn't have given TPTB an excuse for the gratuitus use of cleavage. If you have noticed the latter seasons all have Goau'ld females wearing next to nothing. I'm afrarid the producers should grow up.

Women should never be given the idea that behaving like this is fun or would attract a decent sensitive soul like Daniel. Behaving like Vala is usually going to attract the most shallow of men. And we all know who on the production front was most enamoured with Vala!!

Vala as portrayed in season 9 just lowered the Stargate SG1 bar to a very low level.
                            One thing: Vala is NOT Earth human. So applying Earth standards to her is big mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                              About that plot bunny:
                              Spoiler:
                              I like the idea of Sam getting onto the LA ship, however: 1) she can't move from her position, so you'd have to find a way to get her mobile....,chews bottom lip in thought.... she... vents her own oxygen, creating some forward momentum, in a bid to get to an opening she sees in the Mothership's hull? Dangerous, foolhardy, perhaps, but given just the right context, it might be believable. Maybe the mothership unknowingly manoeuvers itself between Sam and the Earth ship Whatisname(I can't keep track) so she has no other choice but to take drastic action.

2) Once inside, she can't move in the suit. She needed four technicians to take it off her.... OW!... bit my lip a little too hard, there... Nope, I can't get past that obstacle. You?

Spoiler:
                              Before the episode aired, when I had hope that Sam might find some way to help herself out at least a little, I figured that there might be some kind of thrusters built into the suit, for maneuvering. She wouldn't have enough fuel to take her very far, but once she knew a direction to move, it would take just a little burst and the momentum would carry her until she ran into something. That would take care of problem number 1. For number 2, you're right, that will take a little more ingenuity. I'll keep thinking.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                                from the spoilers ive read about morpheus, it seems like a pretty good episode. i know i wont see it until its on the uk, but the spoiler in my opinion is encouraging
                                yeah I know I am really loooking forward to that ep. I hardly can wait... I just hope I don't get dissapointed by it cause my hopes are to high...

Comment

Working...
                                X