Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal

sam: daniel, i'm not sure we should do this...

daniel: it's the only way, sam.

teal'c: indeed.

*daniel and teal'c watch sam hand the man a 'help wanted' sign.*

sam: we need a job. if we could all stay together, it would be preferable...

sally
    ROTFLOL - Wonderful Sal!!!

Comment

Penguins? Did somebody mention something about PENGUINS?!!

Which reminds me ... has anyone heard from Lys lately?!

Comment

and Deepspace!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
          Hey everyone just wanted to pop in before I head off to bed and say that not only is AT the best but so are her fans!!

I know the Celeeb poll is just a silly little thing but Amanda is still on top (rightfully so ). We lost 400 off our lead in a short space of time but then the fans rallied and we not only recovered the loss but added 650 plus on to it

Thank you to everyone who contributed and if anyone wants to give a hand I think Mandy is stuck there by herself at the moment just follow the link

Amanda ROCKS !!!

and so do her fans
          649 of which were posted by Coley. I wonder if the woman really does have a real job on that isle!!

Comment

Well if you look on the poll on the gateworld frontpage it looks as though the vast majority of people thought that the season opener was brilliant or thereabouts. So we'll have to face facts that this thread's opinion may be the minority one - at least in Gateworld!! Oh over 8,000 peeps have voted!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              and Deepspace!!!
              Calling all Samandans - have any of you heard privately from Lys or deepspace lately?! I know Lys was having internet-server problems but she also had her hopes dashed for Shore Leave when passport did not get approved. That was such a depressing blow.

And our littlest Royal Page, deepspace ... such a sweetie and a veteran of this thread.

Sure hope both are okay.

Comment

Well if you look on the poll on the gateworld frontpage it looks as though the vast majority of people thought that the season opener was brilliant or thereabouts. So we'll have to face facts that this thread's opinion may be the minority one - at least in Gateworld!! Oh over 8,000 peeps have voted!!
                So what does that say about Samandans' impeccable taste for quality?! I can't speak to the issue, RA, as I missed last week's premier eppie. Peeps here though seemed to be okay with it, generally speaking.

Which episode is the one where
                Spoiler:
                Carter gets shot?! That one I'd like to see. Benign whumpage.

Comment

Is there a limit on how often people can vote on that poll? If you vote on different days, different computers or clear their browser history, they may be able to vote more than once.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Psst ... RA! We're side by side below on the viewers' list ... sneak me a cup of your sloe gin, eh?!

BTW, did you and Tone tell your GABIT2 room guests that you may challenge them to a game of Stargate Scrabble or Stargate Concentration?!

Comment

Jester you have a dark side don't you!

Comment

Oh I'm refering to your hithertoe unknown-to-me penchant for whumpage!!

Comment

For any and all who want to rant a little: Whingenuts

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            Is there a limit on how often people can vote on that poll? If you vote on different days, different computers or clear their browser history, they may be able to vote more than once.
                            Guess what Brad Wright and the Boy Coop are busy with

Comment

quick drive by - I put absolutley no stock in the polls on the front of GW as all one has to do is clear cookies to vote again and again and agian on it (I am sure there are also ways to program the computer to keep voting (similar to the things that the Celeeb site is trying to prevent by now having everyone register, etc., etc.)

I will say that almost every ep last season had huge GW poll numbers but the real ratings did not reflect growing acceptance or viewership for the show as the ratings dropped through the season and then for finale did not even break even with the ratings the premiere had (2.1). Actually, IIRC the SG-1 finale poll on GW had unbelievably huge numbers for great and excellent or whatever but the ratings barely climbed to a 1.8 or a 1.9 (I forget which it was for the finale - so I put no stock in the GW poll and will await the real ratings.)

BTW, and again IIRC, last season skiffy was very, very quick to boast about the 2.1 they got for the premiere - I am shocked (well not really since my guess for the ratings is that they continue to go down) we have not seen skiffy announce the ratings for the premiere of SG-1 (we know they are out since Zap2It has the Top 15 Cable shows for last week and neither Stargate show made the cut there (#15 had a 2.2 I think so we know that both Stargates were below 2.2). My suspicion is that if the premieres had been at 2.2 or 2.1 or even 2.0 they would have announced it becuase 2.2 would have been above last years premiere of SG-1, 2.1 would have been the same and 2.0 would have been close enough and still in the 2s so they could claim victory with the premiere ratings.

My further suspicion is that the premiere for Stargate SG1 did not even break even with last years premiere which was a 2.1 otherwise it would have been shouted from the rooftops. I also recall that last season skiffy posted the ratings the Monday or Tuesday right after the Friday night showing but after the ratings started to fall they stopped announcing them ahead of time and we had to wait the 2 weeks to see it at the sci-fi.com site - these guys are sooo transparent it is pathetic. Again, since the ratings for last week are out and available and skiffy has not said a word yet my guess is ratings were below 2.1 (last years premiere #). Hey if I'm wrong I'll retract and eat my hat - if not - I say the writing is on the wall and to be honest I will strut around vindicated for the crapola they are serving up. Hit 'em where it hurts - right in the ol' pocketbook.

Comment

Fanfic rec:

>>> 'Bringing Her Home' by exsquared
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3000676/1/
                                Wonderful episode tag to 'Grace'.Great job showing how much everyone cares for Sam Carter.

Written by one of our own, a Samandan (under a different nom de plum)... not myself, but another Samandan.

Comment

Working...
                                X