Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Rush Transcript Part II
    Spoiler:

Fiona: I mean this is an amazing thing because all the people that you work with for well over nine years all have kids.

Amanda: We all have kids…and um pets…and yeah.

Fiona: Was it sad when Richard Dean Anderson and other people…they leave? It’s weird…must be difficult.

Amanda: It’s like your crazy uncle has left. He’s finally moved out and you go ‘What?

Michael: I never thought he’d leave the basement…

Fiona: I never thought I’d miss him.

Amanda: Yeah…that weird knocking noise in the basement suddenly ceased. No, it’s weird. It’s really strange and then to have new people suddenly come in and you’re like ‘Yer, yer not allowed to sit on that couch…oh no no uh.’

Fiona: Are you nice to the new people?

Amanda: No.

Fiona: Or do you give them a rough time?

Amanda: Yeah.

Fiona: Are there hazing rituals? Something tells me you guys are pranksters around here. You play tricks on the new kids?

Amanda: We’ve actually been really nice to the new kids.

Fiona: Really? You haven’t taped anyone down on a couch? (Amanda makes a funny face) You have! What have you done?

Amanda: No! I haven’t. I swear to god!

Fiona: She’s thinking about it.

Amanda: I’m thinking about what I’m gonna do because we used to do that to each other. Christopher would tape us to chairs, like with duct tape and electric tape.

Michael: You know having met him I think Beau Bridges is all ready for a hazing.

Amanda: I think Beau Bridges is ripe for a hazing.

Fiona: So you go tape him to a couch and you tell us how that turned out. (Amanda laughing) Friends for life.

Amanda: We’re like this (crosses fingers).

Michael: So what’s gonna and I know you can’t talk about this a lot, but obviously you’ve got new responsibilities with your character sort of stepping up in rank and stuff. So do you become more of the big boss?

Amanda: No not really. No. Ben Browder and I sort of…he’s also a Lt. Colonel so our characters…uh…seem to be sort of sharing. SG-1 is no longer a...you know…a patriarchal society with the big boss and the minions. We’re actually sort of an ensemble. We play off each others strengths. Actually Ben’s sort of been leading the missions with his character. (looks directly at camera) I don’t know what that is all about.

Oddly both interviewers are extremely quiet during this part.

Clip of Landry telling Mitchell he is now leading SG-1.

Amanda: He actually had a line today. “This is SG-1 leader” and I went. (she looks over shoulder with a questioning look on her face).

Fiona off camera ‘What?’

Amanda: (jokingly) I’ve been on the team for eight years and I’ve never got to say that dot dot dot dot.

Michael: …and that’s how you found out?

Amanda (laughing) That’s how I find out!

Amanda: Acting like she’s Mitchell: SGC this is SG-1 leader. Acting as Sam(questioning look): HE’S WHAT? (more laughing)

Fiona: Back to that method acting. Amanda thank you so much. We have to let Amanda get back to set. We’re gonna be back with more from the set of Stargate.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 July 2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

She was so beautiful in this outfit...click the thumbnails for the bigger picture.

Comment

Thanks so much for transcribing the interview, Kat! I'm surprised we never really got a chance to talk about it last year, actually. Very interesting...

And thanks for those pics, Admiral. Where'd they come from?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Thanks so much for transcribing the interview, Kat! I'm surprised we never really got a chance to talk about it last year, actually. Very interesting...

And thanks for those pics, Admiral. Where'd they come from?
          Those are from the last scene she is in for the ep Smoke and Mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
            I love those pictures and the ep. is also great. Isn't that from smoke and mirrors? when Jack is accused of murder and she works togheter with Barett???
            EDIT: ok ignore that last question

Comment

Thanks AQO but as far as this Sam/Amanda fan is concerned, she's always GORGEOUS!
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I don't mind whump, I just don't want to see Sam die, not if she's going to stay dead.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Ah guess I'm the only one who actually enjoys the occassional torture scene, because I thoroughly enjoyed Jack in the Abyss, Sam in New Order and Teal'c in Serpent's Venom. I actually really enjoyed the Xena episodes where she got the snot beat out of her and she'd just glare and stand up for more. Don't get me wrong. I'm not really one for watching violence. I don't like gore and blood just for the hell of it, but episodes like the above really get the heart pumping for me. They keep me sitting on the edge of my seat, riveted to the television screen. Perhaps because I wish I had that kind of inner strength and will power. I know it sounds twisted, but it really gets the adrenaline flowing to see my favorite characters taken to their breaking points and hold strong. Lucy and Chris are especially good at these types of scenes. They both have a wonderful glare...that frightening look that screams 'If I still had the strength to stand, I'd rip your heart out and shove it down your throat.' Each time they are beaten down and stand back up I can hear the silent mantra 'You may destroy my body, but you will never destroy my will.'

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Thanks AQO but as far as this Sam/Amanda fan is concerned, she's always GORGEOUS!
                  True...but sometimes they let it show more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    i just watched an ep of 'medium' (gawd, that show is good). anyhoo...

i want sam to be able to see dead ppl!

but really, that would be *so* neat! they've taken literally everything from sam (either ignored or given to a new character), so sam having this ability would be HERS and HERS alone.

example:

sg1 goes to a planet that has been attacked by the ori. they only find one survivor, but she keeps hiding and only wants to talk to sam. and then at the endish of the ep, we find out that the reason she only talks to sam is because sam is the only person that can see/hear her. she was dead. and this would be the first that sam finds out she's got this ability. it would be very bitter/sweet.

sally
                    I like that idea. Maybe Sam could develop the ability to see dead people either because of a near death experience, or maybe the dead "survivor" had mental powers of her own and, in trying to communicate with Sam, inadvertently gave her the ability to see the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      I don't mind whump, I just don't want to see Sam die, not if she's going to stay dead.
                      Nope. And these days, with the way things have been handled, I doubt they'd even bother to ascend her.

On the other hand, I'm curious as to how I'd respond if they decided to go the dead-for-good route. This poor forum and anyone who got in my way, that's all I have to say.

Comment

I love those pics but doesn`t the vest/jacket/whatever seems a bit too big?
                        I like the one from Convenant better

Comment

We need more voters for Amanda at celeeb.

You have to register now, but you don't have to fill in numbers that often.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            We need more voters for Amanda at celeeb.

You have to register now, but you don't have to fill in numbers that often.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
                            You have to be loged it???
                            WTH???

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                              You have to be loged it???
                              WTH???
                              It just takes a couple of minutes, all they need is a username, e-mail address and date of birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                                Okay - anyone here who could lend a hand at the celeb site voting for Amanda please come on over!!
                                Good morning Samandans...just quickly popping in before I go to work...I just wanted to say that the new voting system is a pain in the mikta but Amanda could really use some help...I would hate to see her lose her lead. Still...it's nice to see AT and RDA at #1 & 2.
                                Have a great day everyone...hopefully I'll be able to pop back tonight after work...*fingers crossed*!
                                Oh yeah...Dani...loved your post about your time at Shore leave...it's so nice hearing stories about the actors and how they embrace their fans...especially Amanda...she's an amazing person!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X