No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little blonde crucifixion hey? Methinks Mr Tapert isn't the only one with a fetish

Originally posted by Strix varia
    So, crucifying Sam would be a bit much for you, eh? And see, I crucified Gabrielle so many times in my Xena fic, I thought I might carry on the tradition in another fandom.
    sigpic

Comment

Hey look I didn't read it Sal.

As for the were they weren't they. Frankly it's open to everyone to have their own perception. Which in and of itself is quite an interesting achievement.

My Xena & Gabrielle got married sometime in season 3 and were progressively interesting from there...

Edit: Yeah what Scari said!

And since I can... Sal.. wish I had friends like this!

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/images/xena/soulshadow5.jpg

There's that and a music vid I just made (my virgin music vid at that) which highlights my perspective quite nicely If anyone's interested in that it's at http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg.../seduction.wmv

Originally posted by majorsal
      i rarely watched herc (only saw one full ep where herc's sidekick was taken over... the guy that played the sidekick did great, though). but xena could do drama *fantastically*.

and as for femslash... (don't read this myrth)...

xena and gabrielle were just friends!!!

sally
      sigpic

Comment

and as for femslash... (don't read this myrth)...

xena and gabrielle were just friends!!!

sally
        Yeah right...what where you watching sally?? Just friends my toosh...well if it makes you happy...ok...they were just friends...very, very, very, very, close friends!!! hehehehehe!!!!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Good night Samandans...I'm off til tomorrow...well, I hope to be back on tomorrow but RL is about to get very busy so I might not be able to pop back til Friday.
          So take care everyone and be safe.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            ( contains flesh and blood spoilers)

oh no i honestly don't think (at least in this case) that
            Spoiler:
            the writers are lazy, it took a hell of a lot of thought and effort to make someone so underqualified end up as such a hero. i'd say they would have worked backwards. ok, we need him to save the day, first he needs to be in a 302. now to do this he needs to get one from the hanger bay and get out before the ship is destroyed. now there's gonna be a lot of people trying to get out so it's gonna be very tense. hey! lets make one of the people he pushes past be a chick! if we have some girl on screen, they can't say we're being sexist, right?

ok, cool. so he gets off the ship and into a fighter plane. wait wait, how come nobody else gets off the ship in a 302? we need him to be the only one out there so he gets to save her.

what? oh right, well, c'mon some of them are girls, and they're all russians. if we've proven anything its that russian soldiers die a lot!

right ok. wait, wait, cameron can't save her in a 302, if he opens the canopy, he'll float out into space.

oh right, yeah, well, we'll have the odyssey pick him up. but he'll still look really heroic so it'll be fine. also, we'll have to have him injured. first of all, the battle needs to be totally over and we need to pass some time, so if he looses consciousness it'll work. also, if he rescues her when he's injured it'll make him look even better!

ok, fine. wait, we had the odyssey unable to use its beam tech in the last one, how is he gonna save her from there? ok ok, he'll open the hanger bay on it, and he'll back the ship up so it swallows her. the asgard can use the artificial gravity controls so she doesn't get hurt, it'll be fine.

cameron can fly the odyssey? is their pilot injured or something?

no. its just because he's such a good pilot that he can fly the odyssey better than the person who was hired to do it even in huge battles.

ok. so how come he's on a ground unit instead of flying in battles?

shut up.

and thats how sam gets saved. wow. i love cameron.

see. that kind of writing requires a hell of a lot of effort. how is that lazy? lots of thought went in to it.

(warning: reading the previous spoilers may be damaging to your sanity.)

uum. just to be a tad more on topic here. i think it might have been a bit more fun (for me) if
            Spoiler:

sam had been saved by being beamed aboard a lucian alliance ship where teal'c was. might have given teal'c a bit more screen time, and it would have let have a bit more insight into them too.

of course the episode might have played out a bit differently then. it was just a thought though. not a good one. but at least i'm sort of thinking!
            Okay. You've been taking snark lessons from PR haven't you? Come on. Admit it, cause that was some first class snark there dear.
            sigpic

Comment

but it was soooo unbelievably filmed! (and try explaining to peeps that don't watch the show what happened to xena and gabrielle 'after' they died... )
              Yes it did look good. But as I recall, Gabrielle got dropped by an angel with butter-fingers and landed in Hell.

I don't think Sam would trust her immortal soul to some bumbling angel. She'd take up her own F-302.

scarimor

Comment

I think Sam would be busy shushing the angels whilst trying to work out which freakin dimension/universe/timeframe she'd landed in now

Originally posted by scarimor
                Yes it did look good. But as I recall, Gabrielle got dropped by an angel with butter-fingers and landed in Hell.

I don't think Sam would trust her immortal soul to some bumbling angel. She'd take up her own F-302.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  Ok, ideas for a Sam-in-Command series:

Jack finally get what he always wanted, command of the Ceta site (Beta site now belongs to the bugs) Ceta site is situated inside that naquadah asteroid from ... that ep with the naquadah asteroid.... They set up a base somewhat smaller than the base at Cheyenne mtn. They have stargates brought over from the Pegasus galaxy that have a whole new dialing system unlike the MW gates. The Asteroid base has a gate, and so do key ships in Sam's fleet. SGC - or StarGate Ceta, is Earth's - and possibly the galaxy's - last hope against the Ori onslaught.

Jack O'Neill is the base commander and Sam is his 2IC as well as fleet commander of the small but growing armada of Earth and alien vessels. By being 2IC overall, she gets to have adventures both on and off her ships, see.

Her main cast crew could include Tok'Ra, Asgard maybe someone escaped from the Lucian Alliance or any of a number of guest aliens we've seen over the years in SG-1.

Just an idea for a jumping off point. Feel free to disregard all of the above in favor of something better and more workable. The concept is kind of exciting! I'd love to hear other ideas.
                  Oh this is great. So aside from you, because I just know that you are going to be writing, who else is gonna help write this series. Regan? Astro? Denise? Strix? Shimmering Star? Rachel500? Others I'm forgetting because it's waay to early in the morning? Come on guys. You know you want to.

*runs off to come up with plot bunny ideas for the writers*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    *butts in as though I were asked*

That be from...drumroll please..."It's Good to be King."

So....do I get a prize??? A teddy bear? A kewpie doll????

My name written in gold on the Samandan registry????
                    it's from 'it's good to be king'....right after sam grabs jack's sidearm
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                      Some thoughts on the season 10 opener (and how I woulda dunit....)

Pretty good, The dilemma posed is intelligent and therefore engaging, but I found myself more caught up in Atlantis' story than SG-1's.

Why?

Believable actions/reactions on the part of the Atlantis cast. SG-1 - not so much.

Spoiler:
                      Cam taking over from Emmerson and then from the pilot, his lamely delivered lines about fighting to his last breath or whatever. Taking what should have been a strong, meaningful scene from Teal'c. Letting Bra'tac really show some Jaffa emotion over the fact that his people were about to be slaughtered and how the fight no longer mattered to him, how he only wanted to die with his people. Teal'c, getting a chance to say more than "Indeed," talking him down from that emotional ledge.... Yeah, I woulda changed those scenes.

Cam could have simply backed Emmerson as he dealt with the bad guys, and Cam could have hovered worriedly over the pilot's shoulder and talked to Sam to help put her at ease, and then he could have clapped the pilot's shoulder and thanked him for saving his teammate. He could have actually [I[acted[/I] in those scenes rather than just chew the scenery.

And I woulda whumped Sam good<evil grin>. Despite Cam's assurances and the Asgard's deft touch, Sam would have had a rough touch down. I'd have arranged it so that there would have been less gravity and more velocity in the cargo bay and Sam would have been tossed around like a rag doll, helpless in that space suit, bouncing and skidding painfully all along the floor(And the scene would have been shot in total silence except for the sound of her landings. Can you hear it? ....whump.... whump... whump... ) and hitting the wall and rebounding off it before finally landing in a boneless heap.(obviously it would have been either a CG or a dummy Sam). This would have highlighted how difficult and dangerous a manoeuver they'd undertaken(by "they" I mean Emmerson and the pilot. Cam could have come up with the idea and that would have been okay, but to take over like he did was... not fun to watch.

Oh, well. I did like Vala and Daniel in this one. I couldn't help thinking that Daniel looked mighty fine in that armor
                      it was the codpiece.

sigpic

Comment

mmhm, sam seeing dead people.

that could be fun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          it's from 'it's good to be king'....right after sam grabs jack's sidearm

She grabbed his sidearm? I mean his actual sidearm? I never noticed that. I must go and watch that again.

I'm excited about all the Sam spoilers from TV Guide. However, the one thing that I was afraid was going to happen was
                          Spoiler:
                          where Cam and Vala will have "sparks" at his high school reunion. Ugh!!! If that does happen, it'll be the FarGate that I knew it was going to turn into.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                            She grabbed his sidearm? I mean his actual sidearm? I never noticed that. I must go and watch that again.

I'm excited about all the Sam spoilers from TV Guide. However, the one thing that I was afraid was going to happen was
                            Spoiler:
                            where Cam and Vala will have "sparks" at his high school reunion. Ugh!!! If that does happen, it'll be the FarGate that I knew it was going to turn into.
                            yes, watch when garan's people surprise them. igtbk spoilers
                            Spoiler:
                            sam is unarmed, she reaches over and snags jack's beretta. quite seamlessly i may add. must have practice grabbing his sidearm

as to the sparkage....did you expect anything less????? seriously. I'd be shocked if there was none. sparkage is the most obvious cliche thus it is what will happen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              *butts in as though I were asked*

That be from...drumroll please..."It's Good to be King."

So....do I get a prize??? A teddy bear? A kewpie doll????

My name written in gold on the Samandan registry????
                              Thanks very much Über - I don't have any of those things on me right now and I am not sure where the Registry is but you surely can have your name in gold there but for now how about I give you my undying gratitude - is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                having said that i never really watched hercules or xena or any of those. i used to have a weird kevin sorbo phobia of sorts when he had long hair especially. i call it "sorbophobia". anyway, i could never watch those shows as a result. (only managed to look at a few andromeda eps after he got a hair cut.)

i'm odd, in many many ways. and i'm mostly ok with that.
                                Sorbophobia!
                                And to think I thought I was the only one who suffered that.

Seriously, there is something wrong with that man (and his hair, either long or short) he really creeps me out, like the hair standing on end, should be a mass murderer, creeps!

Completely spoiled Andromanda, could've almost been watchable without him.
                                Clark'sGirl

Comment

Working...
                                X