Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Ah, you see I'm one of these people who likes to flit from group to group, meeting everyone Over friendly is probably the word.
    That would be me too...I wish I could go to a con and meet all the GW'ers...it's so hard being stuck down here...I swear...if I ever win the lottery...I'm coming over to the next con...if only to meet up with you guys!! I think that would be more exciting than the con itself..IMO!!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah...and I promised AD that I would bring him too!! I haven't forgotten AD!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
      The article does go on a bit more. I'm in the process of scanning it. If anyone wants it or knows where it can be posted for all, LMK.

It also says:
      Spoiler:
      It's a tough season for Carter. Amanda Tapping says one story finds her life alone & stranded in an alternate universe, while in another, she's shot. Critically wounded, she must talk the gung-ho but less than scientifically knowledgeable Mitchell through a dangerous situation.
      Holy Hannah!! I'm so gonna be hanging out for spoilers!!
      Thanks Suzo for that post!!
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        *butts in as though I were asked*

That be from...drumroll please..."It's Good to be King."

So....do I get a prize??? A teddy bear? A kewpie doll????

My name written in gold on the Samandan registry????
        Yes Oooooober you do deserve an award, so I snuck into the offices of the writers of SG1 and snagged their most prized possession, I mean they worked hard to get it

Spoiler:
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Yes Oooooober you do deserve an award, so I snuck into the offices of the writers of SG1 and snagged their most prized possession, I mean they worked hard to get it

Spoiler:
          ROFLMAO!!! Excellent Mandy...that's so cool!!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i just finished that sam-teal'c adventure fic. i really enjoyed it!

(it would have made a great ep)

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i just finished that sam-teal'c adventure fic. i really enjoyed it!

(it would have made a great ep)

sally
              I agree, Sally!

Comment

Some thoughts on the season 10 opener (and how I woulda dunit....)

Pretty good, The dilemma posed is intelligent and therefore engaging, but I found myself more caught up in Atlantis' story than SG-1's.

Why?

Believable actions/reactions on the part of the Atlantis cast. SG-1 - not so much.

Spoiler:
                Cam taking over from Emmerson and then from the pilot, his lamely delivered lines about fighting to his last breath or whatever. Taking what should have been a strong, meaningful scene from Teal'c. Letting Bra'tac really show some Jaffa emotion over the fact that his people were about to be slaughtered and how the fight no longer mattered to him, how he only wanted to die with his people. Teal'c, getting a chance to say more than "Indeed," talking him down from that emotional ledge.... Yeah, I woulda changed those scenes.

Cam could have simply backed Emmerson as he dealt with the bad guys, and Cam could have hovered worriedly over the pilot's shoulder and talked to Sam to help put her at ease, and then he could have clapped the pilot's shoulder and thanked him for saving his teammate. He could have actually [I[acted[/I] in those scenes rather than just chew the scenery.

And I woulda whumped Sam good<evil grin>. Despite Cam's assurances and the Asgard's deft touch, Sam would have had a rough touch down. I'd have arranged it so that there would have been less gravity and more velocity in the cargo bay and Sam would have been tossed around like a rag doll, helpless in that space suit, bouncing and skidding painfully all along the floor(And the scene would have been shot in total silence except for the sound of her landings. Can you hear it? ....whump.... whump... whump... ) and hitting the wall and rebounding off it before finally landing in a boneless heap.(obviously it would have been either a CG or a dummy Sam). This would have highlighted how difficult and dangerous a manoeuver they'd undertaken(by "they" I mean Emmerson and the pilot. Cam could have come up with the idea and that would have been okay, but to take over like he did was... not fun to watch.

Oh, well. I did like Vala and Daniel in this one. I couldn't help thinking that Daniel looked mighty fine in that armor
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Pretty good, The dilemma posed is intelligent and therefore engaging, but I found myself more caught up in Atlantis' story than SG-1's.

Why?

Believable actions/reactions on the part of the Atlantis cast. SG-1 - not so much.

Spoiler:
                  Cam taking over from Emmerson and then from the pilot, his lamely delivered lines about fighting to his last breath or whatever. Taking what should have been a strong, meaningful scene from Teal'c. Letting Bra'tac really show some Jaffa emotion over the fact that his people were about to be slaughtered and how the fight no longer mattered to him, how he only wanted to die with his people. Teal'c, getting a chance to say more than "Indeed," talking him down from that emotional ledge.... Yeah, I woulda changed those scenes.

Cam could have simply backed Emmerson as he dealt with the bad guys, and Cam could have hovered worriedly over the pilot's shoulder and talked to Sam to help put her at ease, and then he could have clapped the pilot's shoulder and thanked him for saving his teammate. He could have actually [I[acted[/I] in those scenes rather than just chew the scenery.

And I woulda whumped Sam good<evil grin>. Despite Cam's assurances and the Asgard's deft touch, Sam would have had a rough touch down. I'd have arranged it so that there would have been less gravity and more velocity in the cargo bay and Sam would have been tossed around like a rag doll, helpless in that space suit, bouncing and skidding painfully all along the floor(And the scene would have been shot in total silence except for the sound of her landings. Can you hear it? ....whump.... whump... whump... ) and hitting the wall and rebounding off it before finally landing in a boneless heap.(obviously it would have been either a CG or a dummy Sam). This would have highlighted how difficult and dangerous a manoeuver they'd undertaken(by "they" I mean Emmerson and the pilot. Cam could have come up with the idea and that would have been okay, but to take over like he did was... not fun to watch.

Oh, well. I did like Vala and Daniel in this one. I couldn't help thinking that Daniel looked mighty fine in that armor
                  I guess you're right TH, I forgot to mention the good points of the show

1. Daniel looked good
                  2. Sam's hair was nice
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Spoiler:
                    Now see that's just mean.

And yet, entirely hilarious.

But mean too...DEFINITELY mean.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Why?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      I think it would have been nice if Cameron had come up with the idea, the whole crew (including Sam) had planned it out, and Emerson had done the actual rescue. (With sweat pouring off of Cam and Emerson throughout the attempt.)

Comment

i just watched an ep of 'medium' (gawd, that show is good). anyhoo...

i want sam to be able to see dead ppl!

but really, that would be *so* neat! they've taken literally everything from sam (either ignored or given to a new character), so sam having this ability would be HERS and HERS alone.

example:

sg1 goes to a planet that has been attacked by the ori. they only find one survivor, but she keeps hiding and only wants to talk to sam. and then at the endish of the ep, we find out that the reason she only talks to sam is because sam is the only person that can see/hear her. she was dead. and this would be the first that sam finds out she's got this ability. it would be very bitter/sweet.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          So, crucifying Sam would be a bit much for you, eh?
                          Well it kind of sounds a bit final, you know. And I would rather have recurring Sam-whump. Sam needs whumping regularly; it keeps her on her toes.

And see, I crucified Gabrielle so many times in my Xena fic, I thought I might carry on the tradition in another fandom.
                          Gosh, brave words around here

Listen, if you think you can somehow get her down again before she kicks the bucket and mend her nicely, I'll have a word with Janet and see what she thinks...

*off to find some ear-plugs and a nice comfy blindfold for sally*
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            i rarely watched herc (only saw one full ep where herc's sidekick was taken over... the guy that played the sidekick did great, though). but xena could do drama *fantastically*.

and as for femslash... (don't read this myrth)...

xena and gabrielle were just friends!!!
                            pshhhhtt! Like they weren't getting it on every night! And morning
                            scarimor

Comment

He's also Lucy Lawless's husband...

I don't know why we're talking about Xena, but I'm one who appreciated the poignance and darkness in those scenes. A word to the uninitiated, it's best to watch them in context. But Xena was a show of extremes and quite brutal at times, but she's not sorry

Originally posted by ReganX
                              Yep. He provided the stories for and directed both the episode with Xena's first crucifixion - complete with sledgehammer leg breaking, setting of broken legs and a later fight with broken legs - and for Xena's messy end; Xena versus a thousand fighters, hit with a couple of dozen arrows and beheaded.
                              sigpic

Comment

That would be interesting. Xena was quite unique, and ultimately I think stayed true to it's purpose for the best. I've only just seen it all and I thought it was great. Personally I preferred the last 2 seasons to the first 4, so I guess statements about stuff like that comes down to personal choice. It was layered with depth levels for the main and peripheral characters. I think Sam would be an interesting creature in those hands, but not the Sam Carter we know and love... if that makes sense. But I'd love to see Amanda as an Amazon Queen in the Xena movie

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Yeah! I think Rob would be great writing for Sam/Amanda. He knows how to write strong, intelligent, badass women and he's also very good at writing humour. Granted Xena was very campy at times but it was still humourous and I think Amanda needs a vehicle where she can show off her comedic talents from time to time. As much as I love Sam on SG-1, I think that side of Amanda is often wasted on the show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X