Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka
    article is scanned. You can read it here (it's in 2 parts). I hope this works!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ka/TVGuide.jpg
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...a/TVGuide1.jpg
    The link to the second page is to a pic where the words are too small
    (first page is fine)

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      I think that Rob Tapert would do a great job with a new show for Sam - if he promised not to ever crucify her, shoot her with dozens of arrows or behead her. He did really well with Xena.
      Ack! That's a bit into the 'overwhump zone'!!!
      Did he do that to Xena? (have to admit that I never saw that show)

Comment

Xena died seven times by my count, the last time permanently.
        See, now that's just wrong for a lead character that you've come to love and enjoy! We get enough sadness when our loved ones and friends die in real life, we don't have to have our fictional characters ripped away tragically like that!

I don't want to see that happen to Sam.

My preference would be for any Sam-whumping to be non-fatal.
        Same here, Regan!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Hey! Thanks for the link, Cassie! For some reason, I had a really hard time with downloading it or whatever. It looked new...

If anyone else saw it, could you please post the interesting tidbits?
          hey, i had trouble getting it at first too, but if you close the window and try clicking the link again it might work. it did for me.

Spoiler:
          its a really good interest actually, amanda looks pretty relaxed with these interviews compared with some i've seen. great talk about her thoughts on the leadership thing. i actually feel really sorry for her (more so) when i see/here about her talking about it, but i like that she's not just 'hey everythings so great and fine and i'm so more than fine with cam "leading" the team and i don't have any problems with it at all!' i like that she talks about how it was just done without her knowing or being consulted on it. that she was under the impression that nothing would change in that regard, because why would it? and i like that she does say, although in a mostly joking way "yeah, whats that about?".

it really does p*** me off that they did this too here, and i'm glad shes speaking up when asked. (and those interviewers looked quite surprised when she said that she wasn't leading the team, and a bit disappointed. to me at least, but i'm usually wrong about all things, so don't listen to me! i know you won't anyway ) but when i hear AT talk about how it was done and trying to put up a sort of brave, yeah i got screwed over but its ok, attitude about it, i just feel so sad and sorry for her.

anyway, she looked really fantastic in it too. there's a real sparkle in her eyes when she's just being her, and its adorable and makes her even more gorgeous. and damn that woman's funny!

ok, thats enough fawning for now i think.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
            I love my Sam-whump but Janet and I are going to draw the line at crosses and nails.
            I'm with you and Janet on this one!

-- scari - whose Sam-fic just officially tipped into gory...
            I *can't* wait until all of this wonderful Samfic is posted...!!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              Ack! That's a bit into the 'overwhump zone'!!!
              Did he do that to Xena? (have to admit that I never saw that show)
              Yep. He provided the stories for and directed both the episode with Xena's first crucifixion - complete with sledgehammer leg breaking, setting of broken legs and a later fight with broken legs - and for Xena's messy end; Xena versus a thousand fighters, hit with a couple of dozen arrows and beheaded.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Here's page two of the article I tried to post before. Ruined_Puzzle was nice enough to host it at her lj for us. Beware spoilers!!

http://pics.livejournal.com/quiet_fr...s/pic/0000srb5

Comment

Eek!

I fear Sam wouldn't escape Tapert's crucifixion fetish. By my reckoning he crucified Gabrielle three times (including the Hercules episode), Xena twice (I think - mybe three? Though of course he showed clips of it in multiple episodes) and enjoyed quite a bit of associated leg-breaking.

I love my Sam-whump but Janet and I are going to draw the line at crosses and nails.

-- scari - whose Sam-fic just officially tipped into gory...
                  So, crucifying Sam would be a bit much for you, eh? And see, I crucified Gabrielle so many times in my Xena fic, I thought I might carry on the tradition in another fandom.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    So, crucifying Sam would be a bit much for you, eh? And see, I crucified Gabrielle so many times in my Xena fic, I thought I might carry on the tradition in another fandom.
                    *covers sally's ears*

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      *covers sally's ears*
                      *draws descriptive pictures and shows them to sally, just cos i'm mean!*

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                        Hey everyone!
                        Sry for the OT just figured you all might want to know. I just found “Urban Rushes” interview with Amanda Tapping its on youtube courtesy of fjf123
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNCOp...Stargate%20SG1
                        Fantastic clip, Cassie! Thanks so much for posting it for us.

Loved the shot of AT taking the red baby buggy across the outside set (and she's still in Carter BDU's)...'shhhh... baby' LOL

Also... very informative beyond that as well. Very telling. And have to keep in mind that this interview is a year or so old.

All in all, AT is one classy lady!

Very funny too.

Comment

OK... been wondering if there was going to be any Morpheus speculation here, but I haven't seen any... so I'll start it off
                          Spoiler:
                          The episode looks like Carter is in the 'thick' of it. Really wondering how she ends up in that tube-coffin looking thing.

Watched the preview/spoiler clips on scifi.com.

There's one line that has me worried.

Carter says something along the lines of 'Can't do this anymore'...

I don't want to see Sam give up! and then the guys gut it out heroically (big strong guys that they are) and Save The Day for everyone while Sam pathetically takes a nap!

So... I'm hoping it's something along these lines:

-- either Sam is hit harder by this virus/parasite because of her altered biochemistry (from Jolinar)... but they've probably forgotten all about that so... that's not going to be it...

-- or Sam's 'Can't do this anymore' is actually her lead in to volunteering to sacrifice herself for the others; that is, they can't find a solution on their own, and they need the docs at the SGC to surgically explore someone who is infected.. and Carter is volunteering herself to help save the others. She doesn't expect to survive. Daniel tries to talk her out of it, but eventually, they go along with it - because, otherwise, it looks like everyone will die.

There is a shot of someone getting operated on, and I couldn't see who it was (the head was occluded). Maybe it's Sam?

-- ultimately, from what they learn by operating on Sam, they figure out how to save everyone else. And Sam survives! (very important!!!) Carter is the hero -- and it's exactly something they would have written O'Neill doing - sacrificing himself to save the others - it would be great to see Carter getting that role for once!

At any rate, it would be better than Sam just whining that she's tired and can't take it anymore before going to sleep to let the guys figure out how to save everyone

So, what is everyone else thinking?

Sure looks like a Carter ep. And I hope it is.
                          The trailer looks really cool but I've learn not to trust series trailers.Cant wait for the ep to air!!!

Comment

Yep. He provided the stories for and directed both the episode with Xena's first crucifixion - complete with sledgehammer leg breaking, setting of broken legs and a later fight with broken legs - and for Xena's messy end; Xena versus a thousand fighters, hit with a couple of dozen arrows and beheaded.
                            OK... no, not OK... that's something I couldn't watch at all. Never want to see anything like that happen to Sam! Sally - help me protect Sam from this!

Comment

nm
                              Last edited by DEM; 17 July 2006, 05:42 PM.

Comment

OK... no, not OK... that's something I couldn't watch at all. Never want to see anything like that happen to Sam!
                                Which is why I recommend that he needs to swear to be nice to Sam if he takes the role of showrunner on her new spin-off.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X