Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Oh hum, I'm avoiding spoilers! How is everyone after Shore Leave? How many of you who went to Shore Leave are going to GABIT2? Is there a Samandan meet up planned?
    It took me a couple days to re-coop from SL since I'm still recovering from surgery, but I wil be at both GABIT2 and Avalon. Hoping to meet as many GWers as possible!!!
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Hey everyone!
      Sry for the OT just figured you all might want to know. I just found “Urban Rushes” interview with Amanda Tapping its on youtube courtesy of fjf123
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNCOp...Stargate%20SG1

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        But that's no fun.

Like Gracie said, we have tried from time to time, but it invariably turns out funny rather than serious.
        Hah! Well then I guess I`m no fun huh???
        And you can make it funny too. But keep a level of seriousness but yeah... you do what you want. If you can`t do it then you can`t. I won`t push you!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Busy Busy Busy. We're having all the carpets and flooring in our house replaced so I get the lovely chore of boxing everything up so that the larger items can be moved out of the way. As you may have noticed from my sig, I'm going to AT2. There is a lovely pub about a mile or so from the con hotel that has really good food. It's a pub & restaurant. My husband and I intend to spend most of our meals there unless we find something better which we didn't last year.
          You wouldn't mind a tag-a-long would you?????
          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
          Hic Comitas Regit
          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Nope, I'm pretty sure we had over a hundred right after Gabit and the big blow-up.
            Teehee. Blow-up. That about sums it up, doesn't it?

No, I know what you mean though, Coley... There does seem to be more people floating around this thread lately. More than usual, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
              Hey everyone!
              Sry for the OT just figured you all might want to know. I just found “Urban Rushes” interview with Amanda Tapping its on youtube courtesy of fjf123
              Oh!! Thank you
              Watched the beginning but gotta go
              Isn`t it a bit an old interview BTW?

Comment

Hey everyone!
                I think the male presenter has got it sussed.

"If we were to come back for another year, I'd want her with me, and what's that gonna be like, having a one year old running around?"
                "You got a one year old, Peter DeLuise... they can just run around together!"
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  yes, that last ep (of the show) did me in... i haven't watch an ep of that show since then. but i also know they've been trying to do a movie, so i KNOW xena would have been ressurected.

but rob tapert is still a great writer of female characters.
                  Absolutely. If he promises not to kill Sam, I'd love to see him write and direct her new show.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                    Ok, ideas for a Sam-in-Command series:

Jack finally get what he always wanted, command of the Ceta site (Beta site now belongs to the bugs) Ceta site is situated inside that naquadah asteroid from ... that ep with the naquadah asteroid.... They set up a base somewhat smaller than the base at Cheyenne mtn. They have stargates brought over from the Pegasus galaxy that have a whole new dialing system unlike the MW gates. The Asteroid base has a gate, and so do key ships in Sam's fleet. SGC - or StarGate Ceta, is Earth's - and possibly the galaxy's - last hope against the Ori onslaught.

Jack O'Neill is the base commander and Sam is his 2IC as well as fleet commander of the small but growing armada of Earth and alien vessels. By being 2IC overall, she gets to have adventures both on and off her ships, see.

Her main cast crew could include Tok'Ra, Asgard maybe someone escaped from the Lucian Alliance or any of a number of guest aliens we've seen over the years in SG-1.

Just an idea for a jumping off point. Feel free to disregard all of the above in favor of something better and more workable. The concept is kind of exciting! I'd love to hear other ideas.
                    Woot! Love this idea! Very original, lots of great story fodder... great scifi... Hmmm... TokraH... You'd better be considering spending some time writing or getting into this business!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                      You wouldn't mind a tag-a-long would you?????
                      Not at all. The more the merrier and if my husband doesn't like the idea i'll just send him to McDonald's for dinner.

Comment

Hey everyone!
                        Woo, thanks for posting this! I've been looking for this clip for ages.
                        For those of you who didn't watch it yet, Amanda discussing the 'L' issue rather humourously.

Comment

I think that would be cool.

Strangely enough, last year I made this sig as a joke.

Spoiler:

Great Pic Kat! You know TPTB lurk on GW maybe if they see it on enough threads they might get a "good" idea for a change
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                            Hi all! I haven't posted here in a while, but I wanted everyone to know that there is a Stargate article in the new TV Guide for week oh 7/24/06 - 7/30/006. The article is titled: "Stargate meets Watergate". Here's a bit from the article (re Amanda):
                            Spoiler:
                            The compatibily acerbic Hewlett & Tapping are close friends in real life. Their competitive banter informs their characters on Atlantis and SG-1. In the crossover, they're forced to work together on the Atlantis battle cruiser the Odyssey. Must as it hurts her pride, Carter needs McKay's help in her risky plan to disable the giant stargate portal that the conquering Ori fleet has used to enter Earth's galaxy.

The article does go on a bit more. I'm in the process of scanning it. If anyone wants it or knows where it can be posted for all, LMK.

It also says:
                            Spoiler:
                            It's a tough season for Carter. Amanda Tapping says one story finds her life alone & stranded in an alternate universe, while in another, she's shot. Critically wounded, she must talk the gung-ho but less than scientifically knowledgeable Mitchell through a dangerous situation.
                            Wonderful quotes, Suzotchka! Those are great Carter spoilers (perhaps the best I've heard in over a year! Woot!

Also - love your sig pic

And your quote:
                            'Real Girls Love Math'

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                              Um... we do do that, from time to time, but the results are invariably hilariously OTT. I can just imagine a roomful of Samandans producing a new story for a cast of six regulars and their guests and supporting cast every week....
                              TH don't you remember, we did it that way on purpose, unlike what they did in S9, they didn't realize it was bad, we knew it was
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hey everyone!
                                Hey! Thanks for the link, Cassie! For some reason, I had a really hard time with downloading it or whatever. It looked new...

If anyone else saw it, could you please post the interesting tidbits?

Comment

Working...
                                X