Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    ROTFLOL This is getting better by the moment! Be careful of what you wish for, RA ...

Just remember to bring your homemade sloe gin to pass around to the 10-15 Samandans who will be lying on the beds and floor! Come to think of it, the hotel rooms can't even fit 5-6 people in one room!!

Hehehehe ... the chopped liver has spoken!
    From what I remember Jester (and do correct me if I'm wrong )I think you quoffed enough of my sloe gin on one particular evening to fuel 15 Samandan's. I put an extra barrel on brew last autumn just in case you came to GABIT2

Sclerotic liver not chopped liver methinks

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Hmmm... I could totally be wrong, but I think it was when she told the story of The Blue Bra (tm).

The story was, quite frankly, pretty dang funny in person. Like, I've read the story before, but it pales in comparison to the way she explained it (as most of the stories do).

For those who've never heard it before, here's the Reader's Digest version:

She basically talked about how in GUP they originally had her in some wet suit get-up, but it kept getting big bubbles in it, which made her look decidedly unsexy... However, they were in another facility away from Bridge (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), and they were in a bind. Insert The Blue Bra (tm) from her closet (one she grabbed as quietly as possible, in an effort to not wake the baby that morning, and it just happened to be clean - if that's not a "human" anecdote, I don't know what is!).

In retrospect, she says, the incident was very humbling, because she really doesn't like the way she looked in that particular scene. She said the same, "You're a new mother!" thing, and might've mentioned her breasts ("I never used to be all about my breasts, I promise!" she cried at one point). She used varying forms of "humble" a few times, and if I'm not mistaken, that's when she said, "I'm not perfect. And that's cool."

Beat.

"... Well... I'm pretty perfect."

It was cute, and the crux of what she was saying (comedic beat aside) really hits home with me, and reminds me of why I admire her so much.
      Great story! And here I was annoyed at her for looking so good so quickly after giving birth! I totally understand the "clean" clothes arguement and the desire not to disturb a sleeping baby. Being a new mom is so wonderful, but it's exhausting.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        I still think the chopped liver should find some way to join us at GABIT.
        Hear hear!!

Comment

28 peeps on board - is that a record?

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Thanks for the story Spaz, yes she is the adorable girl next door isn't she. Her humour was the thing that struck me most at GABIT (it was like listening to a stand up pro) and next her very down to earth style.
            And, THEN, what impressed you most was meeting CG ... (cough) ... who has a bit of a stand-up comedy routine going with her daughter ...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              spoilers for the fic we're talking about (can't remember its name)
              sally
              Breaking Points.

In regards to your question, I am pretty much certain that she didn't, that even though her life might be forfeit, in this, at least, she had some control over the burden of too much knowledge. I know, it's ironic, but I think that in her depressed, PTSD state of mind, Sam found comfort in her choice.

Or I could be right off base. "/
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Oh hum, I'm avoiding spoilers! How is everyone after Shore Leave? How many of you who went to Shore Leave are going to GABIT2? Is there a Samandan meet up planned?
                Busy Busy Busy. We're having all the carpets and flooring in our house replaced so I get the lovely chore of boxing everything up so that the larger items can be moved out of the way. As you may have noticed from my sig, I'm going to AT2. There is a lovely pub about a mile or so from the con hotel that has really good food. It's a pub & restaurant. My husband and I intend to spend most of our meals there unless we find something better which we didn't last year.

Comment

28 peeps on board - is that a record?
                  Where, what, why, how? Is this the number of invitees to your room party, RA?
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

From what I remember Jester (and do correct me if I'm wrong )I think you quoffed enough of my sloe gin on one particular evening to fuel 15 Samandan's. I put an extra barrel on brew last autumn just in case you came to GABIT2

Sclerotic liver not chopped liver methinks
                    Ouch! I sure stepped into this one, didn't I?!

I did not want to insult your hospitality so I imbibed a bit ... if you recall, I only asked for a thimbleful but you started pouring these large amounts. ENABLER!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MunchkinStar
                      I have to agree with you. The strangth of Sam is what makes her... her. I don't know how to better put that.

After quickly going through the preview my self (think this will be the fifth time...) I'm starting to draw my own conclusions.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam does seem to get hard by the virus, but so does Teal'c. It has got to do something with their body chemistry that makes them - possibly - the first victims. The others will follow. I have no doubt about that.

The reall question is what Sam can't seem to do anymore. I know we are all jumping the gun and thinking the worse, but maybe it is just the simple task of staying awake that is the problem. As strong as a person is, sometimes you really can't do anything to prevent your body from shutting down.
                      Good thought! I can't wait until Friday night to find out.

Comment

Ouch! I sure stepped into this one, didn't I?!

I did not want to insult your hospitality so I imbibed a bit ... if you recall, I only asked for a thimbleful but you started pouring these large amounts. ENABLER!!!!!!!!!

Grey matter failing you? only asked for a thimble full??!!

You were taking huge gulps - and it's a liqueur - you are supposed to sip it not sup it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Where, what, why, how? Is this the number of invitees to your room party, RA?

peeps on the thread!!

Comment

And, THEN, what impressed you most was meeting CG ... (cough) ... who has a bit of a stand-up comedy routine going with her daughter ...

would you like me to recount?!!

Comment

Thanks for the story Spaz, yes she is the adorable girl next door isn't she. Her humour was the thing that struck me most at GABIT (it was like listening to a stand up pro) and next her very down to earth style.
                              Me too! It was Amanda's humour and amazingly friendly demeanor that has turned this aviophobe into a world traveler. Now that I've been bitten by the Amanda bug, I've become somewhat of a con addict. Her Q & A's are like a wonderful little comedy routine that keep me giggling the entire time.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 17 July 2006, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Busy Busy Busy. We're having all the carpets and flooring in our house replaced so I get the lovely chore of boxing everything up so that the larger items can be moved out of the way. As you may have noticed from my sig, I'm going to AT2. There is a lovely pub about a mile or so from the con hotel that has really good food. It's a pub & restaurant. My husband and I intend to spend most of our meals there unless we find something better which we didn't last year.
                                Hey Kat, was it open during the day (thinking for friday here) or just in the evening? Good luck with the flooring - take care of your back lifting Boxes!!

Comment

Working...
                                X