No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! I haven't posted here in a while, but I wanted everyone to know that there is a Stargate article in the new TV Guide for week oh 7/24/06 - 7/30/006. The article is titled: "Stargate meets Watergate". Here's a bit from the article (re Amanda):
    Spoiler:
    The compatibily acerbic Hewlett & Tapping are close friends in real life. Their competitive banter informs their characters on Atlantis and SG-1. In the crossover, they're forced to work together on the Atlantis battle cruiser the Odyssey. Must as it hurts her pride, Carter needs McKay's help in her risky plan to disable the giant stargate portal that the conquering Ori fleet has used to enter Earth's galaxy.

The article does go on a bit more. I'm in the process of scanning it. If anyone wants it or knows where it can be posted for all, LMK.

It also says:
    Spoiler:
    It's a tough season for Carter. Amanda Tapping says one story finds her life alone & stranded in an alternate universe, while in another, she's shot. Critically wounded, she must talk the gung-ho but less than scientifically knowledgeable Mitchell through a dangerous situation.

Comment

and I did say "a little" CG!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Thanks for the story Spaz, yes she is the adorable girl next door isn't she. Her humour was the thing that struck me most at GABIT (it was like listening to a stand up pro) and next her very down to earth style.
        It's definitely a great combination.

And it explains why three interviews over the past five days (Tony Amendola, Robert Picardo and Kate Hewlett - and one more from the guy who played Felger, in the official mag ALONG WITH Carmen Argenziano's gushing in the official mag and at the con) all show the perspectives of her colleagues as well.

It's not just a performance - a switch - that she's able to turn on once she's on-stage at a convention and turn off when she's behind closed doors, or when the camera's no longer rolling. It's a way of life. And the people around her seem to be positively affected by it in a very substantial way.

Comment

Did Amanda say she has offers of other work at Shore Leave?

See I'm busy for a few days and miss everything!! I blame 1speed for the distraction last week, though he was very patient with my evening voting at the celeb site ((((1speed))))

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
            Hi all! I haven't posted here in a while, but I wanted everyone to know that there is a Stargate article in the new TV Guide for week oh 7/24/06 - 7/30/006. The article is titled: "Stargate meets Watergate". Here's a bit from the article (re Amanda):
            Spoiler:
            The compatibily acerbic Hewlett & Tapping are close friends in real life. Their competitive banter informs their characters on Atlantis and SG-1. In the crossover, they're forced to work together on the Atlantis battle cruiser the Odyssey. Must as it hurts her pride, Carter needs McKay's help in her risky plan to disable the giant stargate portal that the conquering Ori fleet has used to enter Earth's galaxy.

The article does go on a bit more. I'm in the process of scanning it. If anyone wants it or knows where it can be posted for all, LMK.

It also says:
            Spoiler:
            It's a tough season for Carter. Amanda Tapping says one story finds her life alone & stranded in an alternate universe, while in another, she's shot. Critically wounded, she must talk the gung-ho but less than scientifically knowledgeable Mitchell through a dangerous situation.

Wha?!

Well... that's certainly... new. Hmm.

Thanks a lot for posting that, Suzotchka! Definitely unexpected.

(Though I find it odd and fishy that TV Guide - where the likes of Matt what's-his-name reign - is publishing so much stuff about SG these days... That's easily the third or fourth bit of coverage.)

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              You're close ... it's a BANJO!!

You're right, you need to start hanging out a bit more ...

I knew it had strings!!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                Woohoo! Party in Coley's room!

Coley's throwing a party!!! WooHoo I love parties!

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  LOL!!
                  I really feel for BB and CB in all of this. Apparently someone has posted somewhere that they hope the show gets cancelled and BB and CB get the blame. Which is totally unfair and ridiculous, they have no control over how the show gets written. They are actors acting. Both of them could have taken on board so much more as well. I''m most peeved for CB - especially after hearing what PD said when directing her in season 9. (You know about it not mattering what she is saying) What a cheek! Though it sort of made my point about the Vala character. Hopefully they have seen common sense and toned her down a bit! It was great to see Sam and Vala running in combat gear together. We need lots of that!!
                  I feel the same way. I kindof think there may have been some pressure from the network to have BB and CB in a new show. The two were a big draw with there last series. It just wasn't done well last year. It is really sad that it has come to this, but I am really hoping for better this season. And at least where Vala is concerned, I think we will get it. She has been toned done, and AT and CB are determined to make their characters friends. That is a good sign. It also shows how much class these two actresses have.

Comment

Where did you find that pic of me, tsax?!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                      Do you mean the last lines?
                      Spoiler:
                      She gave her child a caring look.
                      Her child looked back at her.

With curiosity.

I think it means that the child was the beginning of the new cycle of wonder and curiosity, that s/he would learn the new truths about the universe, that s/he was, at this point, unafraid, unburdened by the knowledge that Sam had.

But I've only read it through once and I expect my view on the ending will be subject to change.

The author's blend of poetry and philosophy(of the astrophysical kind) has me blown away.
                      spoilers for the fic we're talking about (can't remember its name)
                      Spoiler:
                      but did sam end up using the sarc or a healing device?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Coley's throwing a party!!! WooHoo I love parties!

Er, Er, Er ........ panics at thought of large crowd - and 1speed's reaction to mass invasion

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          Woohoo! Party in Coley's room!
                          ROTFLOL This is getting better by the moment! Be careful of what you wish for, RA ...

Just remember to bring your homemade sloe gin to pass around to the 10-15 Samandans who will be lying on the beds and floor! Come to think of it, the hotel rooms can't even fit 5-6 people in one room!!

Hehehehe ... the chopped liver has spoken!

Comment

ROTFLOL This is getting better by the moment! Be careful of what you wish for, RA ...

Just remember to bring your homemade sloe gin to pass around to the 10-15 Samandans who will be lying on the beds and floor! Come to think of it, the hotel rooms can't even fit 5-6 people in one room!!

*bounce* ALKYHOLE!!!!!!

Methinks the Royal Bartender ought to lock the liquor cabinet!
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                              Spoiler:

It also says:
                              Spoiler:
                              Thanks for posting! Hmm. Some of that sounded good, but I'm a little concerned about the first spoiler. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out on screen. I am glad TV guide is paying attention, but 10 seasons is a big deal for any series so I guess it is about time they take notice.

Comment

I still think the chopped liver should find some way to join us at GABIT.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X