Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    That could be fun. There was an idea floating around about Sam being given command of an Asgard vessel a while back. It was originally called the Samantha Carter, and I was lobbying for it to be renamed the Athena, since Sam wouldn't want her ship to have the same name as she did.

Seldear wrote a beginning.
    Well so far I love the beginning and I do think that we can make something out of it. I mean I've read some of the FF from some of you and that is great. I think we can make such a thing work if we want to. And with combined forces we are strong.

Comment

On the S/J ship board, we are discussing how we'd like to see the series end. I was just curious about how you guys would like to see it end for Sam. Where will Sam be? Will she have her own ship? Command a team? Run the SGC?

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        Bad DEM. Baaaaad DEM
        Where's the mischief smilie when you need one?

And Thanks, AD, for that very thorough explication.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
          On the S/J ship board, we are discussing how we'd like to see the series end. I was just curious about how you guys would like to see it end for Sam. Where will Sam be? Will she have her own ship? Command a team? Run the SGC?
          I'd like to see Carter in charge of SG-1.

However, since that's unlikely based on how they've decided to re-do the show with a new leading man - and Brad Wright, Ben Browder, etc., are all calling this Season TWO...

I'd say it's more likely to hope that Carter would be in command of a ship.

I'd also like to see her promoted to full colonel, and when she is in a scene/episode with Mitchell, she's in charge of the mission.

I'd also be right on board with Carter being in command in a new Stargate series. She could be in command of a special team, or she could be in command of a starship. She, her team (or crew) and their adventures, would be the focus of the new show.

and AT would get to direct and/or produce and/or whatever else she wanted!

Comment

On a different topic (but a Stargate topic), I have posted a question on the Whingenuts Thread. I'd appreciate anyone's info or comments, but remember - it is the Whingenuts Thread, so crankiness may be the tenor

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              LOL! Her smile in this one reminds me of this past weekend at Shore Leave when we took group shots --- it wasn't 'Say Cheese!' for the camera it was "Say SQUUUUUEEEE!"

AT: "Okay guys - now say SQUEEEEEE for the nice paparazzi!"
              Did she really say that SS??

Comment

i agree, sam in command of sg1 is highly unlikely. she's the wrong gender to be in command in this new incarnation of the show

let her go off on her own, commander of another ship (heck, if we're really having a fantasy, let her take command of atlantis)

and hopefully ,we'll have some less gender biased folks running the show so that sam will get a fair shake instead of being discriminated against
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  I'd like to see Carter in charge of SG-1.

However, since that's unlikely based on how they've decided to re-do the show with a new leading man - and Brad Wright, Ben Browder, etc., are all calling this Season TWO...

I'd say it's more likely to hope that Carter would be in command of a ship.

I'd also like to see her promoted to full colonel, and when she is in a scene/episode with Mitchell, she's in charge of the mission.

I'd also be right on board with Carter being in command in a new Stargate series. She could be in command of a special team, or she could be in command of a starship. She, her team (or crew) and their adventures, would be the focus of the new show.

and AT would get to direct and/or produce and/or whatever else she wanted!

Oh I'm with you all the way Astro!!

Sam leading a new series would be great. However I had in mind that Cam and Vala could boldly go into their own new series, leaving a Sam lead SG1 intact.

I've also thought along the lines of (possibly Michael Shanks may want to join the new adventures of, so) Teal'c, Sam and Jonas? and another - would have to be a strong character - get thrown to a far flung galaxy via stargate malfunction (travelling over the distance that Jack did in the fifth race) Stranded they wouold spend the series gating from gate to gate in foreign worlds to get back. It is a bit ST Voyagerish and would lead to a totally off world based show and very focused on a 4 lead cast. But it would be a completley different show.

If RDA is hankering after coming back then I think it would be fun if Jack made up the fourth member, but had gone on the team as observer or something? Being in a relationship with Sam and her former CO and now Sam leading the team I think it would create some interesting interaction that the 2 could carry very well. I wouldn't want the other 2 main cast members to be also rans though. It would be equal billing and thus give Teal'c a lot more of a role and a lot more character growth.

Basically I want team based eps involving the stargate!!

Comment

I like it that BB and BW are calling this season 2. It shouldn't be thought of as SG1 as it isn't - it pales in comparison

Comment

Basically I want team based eps involving the stargate!!
                      what a novel idea. a team going through the round spinny thing....wow, wonder if they'll ever fly? I mean, you know to be successful every scifi show must have

boobs
                      bombs
                      butts
                      space ships

oh wait, that's only the NEW shows right???? the ones that have been tamed down and cognatively altered to appeal to the masses <sarcasm off>

sigpic

Comment

and if the'd only have had the cajones to change the title - them or scifi.

but you know, apparantly scifi cares more about an empty bragging rights title than they do the quality and well being of htier show. Even brad himself said that the show would have a longer life span if they'd rebranded it.

basically, they were 'saved' by skiffy, only to die a premature death due to skiffy's meddling

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          what a novel idea. a team going through the round spinny thing....wow, wonder if they'll ever fly? I mean, you know to be successful every scifi show must have

boobs
                          bombs
                          butts
                          space ships

oh wait, that's only the NEW shows right???? the ones that have been tamed down and cognatively altered to appeal to the masses <sarcasm off>
                          LOL!!
                          I really feel for BB and CB in all of this. Apparently someone has posted somewhere that they hope the show gets cancelled and BB and CB get the blame. Which is totally unfair and ridiculous, they have no control over how the show gets written. They are actors acting. Both of them could have taken on board so much more as well. I''m most peeved for CB - especially after hearing what PD said when directing her in season 9. (You know about it not mattering what she is saying) What a cheek! Though it sort of made my point about the Vala character. Hopefully they have seen common sense and toned her down a bit! It was great to see Sam and Vala running in combat gear together. We need lots of that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Oh I'm with you all the way Astro!!

Sam leading a new series would be great. However I had in mind that Cam and Vala could boldly go into their own new series, leaving a Sam lead SG1 intact.

I've also thought along the lines of (possibly Michael Shanks may want to join the new adventures of, so) Teal'c, Sam and Jonas? and another - would have to be a strong character - get thrown to a far flung galaxy via stargate malfunction (travelling over the distance that Jack did in the fifth race) Stranded they wouold spend the series gating from gate to gate in foreign worlds to get back. It is a bit ST Voyagerish and would lead to a totally off world based show and very focused on a 4 lead cast. But it would be a completley different show.

If RDA is hankering after coming back then I think it would be fun if Jack made up the fourth member, but had gone on the team as observer or something? Being in a relationship with Sam and her former CO and now Sam leading the team I think it would create some interesting interaction that the 2 could carry very well. I wouldn't want the other 2 main cast members to be also rans though. It would be equal billing and thus give Teal'c a lot more of a role and a lot more character growth.

Basically I want team based eps involving the stargate
                            !!
                            Stellar ideas, Coley!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Ok my view of last night's episode. Maybe it was lowered expectations, but I thought it was pretty decent. Some problems of course
                              Spoiler:
                              The rescue of Sam was pretty cool, but since when does Mitchell know how to pilot one of those huge ships? Now if *Sam* had done it, I would have believed it. they had to spread things around for a lot of characters, still, I thought they could have given Sam and Teal'c more to do. On a positive note, I didn't hate Vala.
                              On a superficial note, AT looked great.
                              Yes, I also thought that Colonel Emerson would have been more adept at
                              Spoiler:
                              piloting his own ship than CM, since, to our knowledge, he has never piloted one before! I thought that was lame.

Otherwise, it was ok.....I didn't hate Vala so much either, although I'm still not lovin' the character. And Teal'c's hair....what's with that?

I don't mean to sound like negative Nelly. All in all, it was a pretty good episode. But I agree with you. My expectations are significantly lower than they would have been before S9.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                <snip>
                                I don't mean to sound like negative Nelly. All in all, it was a pretty good episode. But I agree with you. My expectations are significantly lower than they would have been before S9.
                                Nah, it's OK. I feel the same way. Last season had some absolutely stellar disappointments, so if we don't expect too much from this new incarnation of a now-diseased show, we can't be let down.

And I certainly don't want to accuse anyone of being lazy or anything, but a lot of the decisions that have been made have lacked a lot of direction. Between S9 and S10, I think we're going to see a lot of that same trend - arcs and characters that are nothing more than a means to an end.

Comment

Working...
                                X