Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kes
    Why stupid? She spends all her time in the mountain, doesnt know that a zoo exists there. Sommeone a few posts back said it was a huge city! Granted its a bit to close to where she works but...do you know everything that exists where you live? (is it big if its not then it doesnt count )
    Ok it would have sounded better if she had said:"There's a zoo here??!
    I'm not so sure. Even someone like Sam who spends a good deal of her time inside of a mountain would go home eventually. I mean one would assume that after eight years of working at Cheyenne Mountain she would have noticed the signs for the zoo at least once and like someone else has stated, she spent four years at the AF Academy so it's not as if she moved to Colorado Springs and immediately buried herself inside a mountain. The writers do a fairly decent job of keeping storylines cohesive and making sure the characters know what they are talking about, but sometimes I think they just get forgetful or don't bother to do the added research that may be needed beforehand. Doesn't the show have staff who research these things? Honestly, I can forgive the zoo mishap more than I can something so simply as giving the characters a birthdate and keeping track of it with future episodes. To me that's just sad.

Comment

Anyone remember this?

4.12 Tangent
      JACOB: Beam them out? What am I, Scotty?
      CARTER: I have an idea, Dad. But Colonel O'Neill and Teal'c are going to have to take a leap of faith.

CARTER: Sir, we're over here ready to bring you home. But you're going to have to trust me. He's suffering from anoxia, oxygen deprivation. Do you trust me, Sir? [...] We copy that. So we want you do exactly what we say. First, remove your restraints. Then on my mark, blow the canopy of the glider and push off.

TEAL'C: We will die!

CARTER: Negative! It'll be all right if it's only for a few seconds. [..] Make sure your helmets are secure and set your oxygen at 100%. You'll need to pre-breath the last of it in breaths in deep breaths holding each one in. You'll need to power the system before you blow the canopy. Then disconnect the umbilical and exhale as much as possible. Stand by!

DAVIS: Yeah! Well done, Digger Two, well done! Congratulations! Now come on home!

10.01 Flesh and Blood
      Spoiler:
      CARTER: Uh, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, it won't work.
      MITCHELL: Hang on, Sam, we're coming to get you.
      CARTER: (nervous) Oh boy. The sublight engines don't have that much control! If you hit me, even at minimum velocity --
      MITCHELL: I am not going to hit you. (quietly) Not on purpose.
      CARTER: (nervously) Ee-ee-even if you get me in past the shield, the artificial gravity will kick in: A fall from even 30 feet in this suit--
      MITCHELL: Sam, stop worrying; Kvasir's riding the controls manually. [...] Got her.... Kvasir, take her down lightly. [...] Yeah, some days you get lucky.

I miss Tangent!Carter.

... and Small Victories Carter, and Redemption Carter, and Fail Safe Carter, and 48 Hours Carter....
      Last edited by DEM; 15 July 2006, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
        Anyone remember this?

4.12 Tangent
        CARTER: I have an idea, Dad. But Colonel O'Neill and Teal'c are going to have to take a leap of faith.

CARTER: Sir, we're over here ready to bring you home. But you're going to have to trust me. He's suffering from anoxia, oxygen deprivation. Do you trust me, Sir? [...] We copy that. So we want you do exactly what we say. First, remove your restraints. Then on my mark, blow the canopy of the glider and push off.

CARTER: Negative! It'll be all right if it's only for a few seconds. [..] Make sure your helmets are secure and set your oxygen at 100%. You'll need to pre-breath the last of it in breaths in deep breaths holding each one in. You'll need to power the system before you blow the canopy. Then disconnect the umbilical and exhale as much as possible. Stand by!

DAVIS: Yeah! Well done, Digger Two, well done! Congratulations! Now come on home!

10.01 Flesh and Blood
        Spoiler:
        CARTER: Uh, if you think what I think you're thinking, it won't work.
        CARTER: Oh boy. The sublight engines don't have that much control. If you hit me, even at minimum velocity --
        CARTER: (nervously) Ee-ee-even if you get me in past the shield, the artificial gravity will kick in: A fall from even 30 feet in this suit--
        MITCHELL: Sam, stop worrying; Kvasir's riding the controls manually.
        KVASIR: You're going too fast.
        MITCHELL: This tub doesn't go any slower. Initialising 5% reverse thrust. Got her.... Kvasir, take her down lightly. [...] Yeah, some days you get lucky.

I miss Tangent!Carter.
        I LOVED Tangent. TPTB were more creative back then.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          I'm not sure if anyone else has posted these, but here are some small caps of last night's episode.

Please note that these are spoiler screencaps for Flesh & Blood.
          Spoiler:

Hey Forever! **nell waves**
          Thanks for these caps. Seeing Sam wearing the
          Spoiler:
          NASA space suit
          reminds me of Amanda's Shore Leave panel where she spoke about enjoying the opportunity to wear, use, and see real scientific thingies such as what she wore in this episode. I had the impression that she still felt excitement and awe at her privilege to experience the use of some of these props in her role of Sam Carter.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
            Anyone remember this?

4.12 Tangent

10.01 Flesh and Blood
            Spoiler:
            CARTER: Uh, if you think what I think you're thinking, it won't work.
            CARTER: Oh boy. The sublight engines don't have that much control. If you hit me, even at minimum velocity --
            MITCHELL: Sam, stop worrying; Kvasir's riding the controls manually.
            KVASIR: You're going too fast.
            MITCHELL: This tub doesn't go any slower. Initialising 5% reverse thrust. Got her.... Kvasir, take her down lightly. [...] Yeah, some days you get lucky.

I miss Tangent!Carter.

... and Small Victories Carter, and Redemption Carter, and Fail Safe Carter, and 48 Hours Carter....
            Yeah me too. They seemed to have dumbed down Carter inorder to make it easier for our tiny little brains to comprehend what is going on in each episode. First Jack got dumbed down and now Carter; and has anyone else noticed how negative Daniel is anymore? Didn't Daniel used to be the guy who was always optimistic and saw the possibilities of what might be? Guess ascending and decending really destroys ones positive outlook on life. I may not love this new Daniel, but I can certainly understand why he's changed; however, what is up with Mr. Excitement? Last year, Mitchell thought everything was cool and now after one big loss and he seems really down. I don't like seeing my team look as if they have emotionally given up. Yeah I heard Mitchell say he'd fight till his dying breath, but that fire didn't reach his eyes. It just didn't seem believeable to me. Which is why I really don't like the Orii storyline...it's just too dark anymore. If I wanted to watch dark, I'd watch BSG. Gimme back my SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              Spoiler:
              NASA space suit
              reminds me of Amanda's Shore Leave panel where she spoke about enjoying the opportunity to wear, use, and see real scientific thingies such as what she wore in this episode. I had the impression that she still felt excitement and awe at her privilege to experience the use of some of these props in her role of Sam Carter.
              LoL, wonder if Amanda had to wear a MAG while she was filming these episodes.

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm not quite sure what to make of the comments on season 10. They seem to swing from good to bad. I try not to read spoilers - just in case I do decide to watch!!

Glad to hear that Vala has been toned down, she will gel a lot better if that is the case!

One thing I couldn't stand to watch is the dilution of Sam Carter and it sounds as though the season 9 water down may have continued a bit.

Sam is the rightful leader of SG1 and no matter how good they write Mitchel I don't think I will ever be entirley happy. It just niggles.

Thanks to everyone for posting comments, screen caps and links to photo's. Amanda looks stunning and captivating and happy. How the big film makers have missed her I shall never know!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Mitchell was apparently awarded the highest honour the US military can bestow, by a lieutenant colonel instead of by the President or the head of the Air Force, for being one of many pilots who flew in the battle over Antarctica.

For the record, I still say that Mitchell's CMOH is made of chocolate.

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    Anyone remember this?

4.12 Tangent

10.01 Flesh and Blood
                    Spoiler:
                    CARTER: Uh, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, it won't work.
                    CARTER: (nervous) Oh boy. The sublight engines don't have that much control! If you hit me, even at minimum velocity --
                    MITCHELL: Sam, stop worrying; Kvasir's riding the controls manually. [...] Got her.... Kvasir, take her down lightly. [...] Yeah, some days you get lucky.

I miss Tangent!Carter.

I did love Tangent, but I can understand Cater's reaction in Flesh and Blood nonetheless.
                    Spoiler:
                    In F&B she was in Teal'c's position-stranded in space, with little air remaining and seeing no good way to be rescued. In fact, she was in a little bit worse of a situation than Teal'c-as a scientist, as one of the scientists who designed the Odyssey, she knew in exacting detail how many ways the manuver Mitchell was suggesting could go wrong.

I don't think it reflects badly on her imagination, intelligence, or her courage at all to be very leery of the rescue attempt. No more than "We could die!" reflected badly on Teal'c's bravery. Sam is just a lot more verbal, and more technologically oriented, than Teal'c so her "I could die!" comes out in technobabble instead of the succinct way Teal'c puts it.

Who knows, she might have been more comfortable with it if someone who actually knew how to fly the Odyssey was suggesting the manuver. (No, I am not going to let that go any time soon, it appears!)

Comment

This just popped up on my friend's list:

Amandahoilic Tshirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435

Amandahoilic Tshirts.

Amazing!!

Comment

Amandahoilic Tshirts.
                          awww thats pretty cool. thanks for the link deejay

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                            Spoiler:
                            NASA space suit
                            *grins*

Spoiler:
                            I remember her making mention that she was a little too tall for the real spacesuit that they brought up for the show!
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I need help-

I think I mentioned that I signed up for the Sam ficathon a while back. Well, I hadn't really realized that I'd get paramaters for the story. Now that I have them, I realize my plotbunnies won't really work for them.

So-I need some plotbunnies STAT. The story needs to take place off-world. The other bits I can manage on my own-but I need a start for an off world story.

Help me, Samandans!
                              Gravity light, gravity heavy? Trees, no trees? Wet or dry? Windy or not? What color is the sky? Weird life forms or earth transplants? Aliens, no aliens? High tech, low tech, or no tech?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

That's so funny!

Who else but Mitchell would eat the chocolate CMOH without taking off the gold foil first?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X