No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always taken Mallozzi's "that was supposed to be a joke" line about the Colorodo Springs Zoo to be a crock. There was nothing in that scene to indicate that it was scripted as a joke. Neither of the actors played it that way, nor was the direction nor the score used to indicate levity. He was tap dancing over one of his mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      i know that. i'm definitely not saying it was a good joke. its a shame they didn't realise it before they shot it though.

anyway, my point, although poorly made, was that it was not lack of research in this particular incident, but an attempt at humour. apparently.
      Exactly! Maybe they thought it was really funny and that everyone would see it that way. Actually I think the fact that it is close to where she works makes the joke. Well attemp of joke.

Comment

Can anyone post a pic of Petes' reaction? Is that allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by kes
          Why stupid? She spends all her time in the mountain, doesnt know that a zoo exists there. Sommeone a few posts back said it was a huge city! Granted its a bit to close to where she works but...do you know everything that exists where you live? (is it big if its not then it doesnt count )
          Ok it would have sounded better if she had said:"There's a zoo here??!
          But the fact is that she probably would now it cause she works really close to it so she would know that. She should drive by it. I mean I really find it strange that she would not know it. And off course it is a big city but the zoo is really big. I mean most people who live there know that zoo. Some things everyone just know. that is the same like you know the cityhall, the library, the uni,... Some thing you just know and if you work close to it you really know. It is not like she doesn't go out at all. she does have a personal live. I mean after Orlin she just had a little bit more of a personal life. So I really find it strange that she does not know it.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
            Ok it would have sounded better if she had said:"There's a zoo here??!
            Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              Yeah, the zoo thing definitely came across as the writers not knowing.

One might hope that the Air Force had a pre-plan to shut down Colorado Springs knowing that something weird could happen with the Stargate. I didn't have too many issues with the way it was portrayed in Sight Unseen. Fourth Horseman, on the other hand, had me beating my head against a wall...
              This is the first I've heard of it being a joke. For it to really work as a joke the audience would have to have been in on it. The audience would have to know there is a zoo in Colorado Springs. I'll take Sky's word that the zoo there is famous, but I'd also wager that many, many people have never heard of it. I took it as fact-there is no zoo in CS. Now, if Sam had said "I didn't know there was a zoo in CS" and Pete has said "Yeah, sure, it's right on that mountain you work in" THEN it would have made sense as a comment on Sam's working habits.

Otherwise-not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                Exactly! Maybe they thought it was really funny and that everyone would see it that way. Actually I think the fact that it is close to where she works makes the joke. Well attemp of joke.
                we all know what "great" senses of humor TPKTS seem to have now don't we . . . .

I agree with goolfbooy - it was mallozzi CYA'ing - AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  But the fact is that she probably would now it cause she works really close to it so she would know that. She should drive by it. I mean I really find it strange that she would not know it. And off course it is a big city but the zoo is really big. I mean most people who live there know that zoo. Some things everyone just know. that is the same like you know the cityhall, the library, the uni,... Some thing you just know and if you work close to it you really know. It is not like she doesn't go out at all. she does have a personal live. I mean after Orlin she just had a little bit more of a personal life. So I really find it strange that she does not know it.
                  Well she's not from there [right?]. The idea was that. Not an exact science but to just make a joke of her workahoolic[sp] habits. So it was a bad joke. It wasnt the only bad joke.

Comment

Some jokes are for a selected group. I mean take the red shirts comment from...cant remeber the name of the ep!From that dude to Felger. I had no idea what that was! It just went in one ear....came out the next.That and the whole Gene R.... is a God or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                      Well she's not from there [right?]. The idea was that. Not an exact science but to just make a joke of her workahoolic[sp] habits. So it was a bad joke. It wasnt the only bad joke.
                      Even if she wasn't from there, she lived there for 7 years so you would think that she actually knows the place a little bit by now. And that she is a workaholic ok but still some things you just know even if you are a workaholic. If you pass it with car after going home from work... I mean seems strange that you don't know it. I mean I did some research and the zoo is almost on top of the mountain. So that she wouldn't know it, is really strange!
                      And I just was thinking about something else...She has nieces and a brother. Is there maybe a possibility that they had come over to her so she could have been to that zoo with them??? Ok that is just speculating but that is a possibility.

Comment

I need help-

I think I mentioned that I signed up for the Sam ficathon a while back. Well, I hadn't really realized that I'd get paramaters for the story. Now that I have them, I realize my plotbunnies won't really work for them.

So-I need some plotbunnies STAT. The story needs to take place off-world. The other bits I can manage on my own-but I need a start for an off world story.

Help me, Samandans!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                          Even if she wasn't from there, she lived there for 7 years so you would think that she actually knows the place a little bit by now. And that she is a workaholic ok but still some things you just know even if you are a workaholic. If you pass it with car after going home from work... I mean seems strange that you don't know it. I mean I did some research and the zoo is almost on top of the mountain. So that she wouldn't know it, is really strange!
                          And I just was thinking about something else...She has nieces and a brother. Is there maybe a possibility that they had come over to her so she could have been to that zoo with them??? Ok that is just speculating but that is a possibility.
                          Well theres a...quartel....what is it called in english??? Like a military training thing almost on top my house and I dont drive by it and its huge! Are you sure you have to drive by it? Cos I'd think the SGC would have its own military road or something.

Comment

Oh and I've only been to the zoo once in my whole life.Dont even remember it. So its possible she never took her brothers kids there.
                            Granted the zoo here sucks but...mm.
                            Oh and she has lived there 7 really busy yrs lol

Comment

No I am not certain of the fact that she drove by it but it is something that would be a possibility. And what about Cassie?? maybe she went to the zoo with her. Ok I am getting to tired and can't think proparly anymore. I have something in my head that I want to use as an arguement but atm I just can't translate it to english so I am off to bed. goodnight everyone

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                                Oh and I've only been to the zoo once in my whole life.Dont even remember it. So its possible she never took her brothers kids there.
                                Granted the zoo here sucks but...mm.
                                Oh and she has lived there 7 really busy yrs lol
                                plus however long she was there before, when she attended the acadamy, and when she worked on the stargate project before the original mission.

and i as far as i can recall her brother lives in san diego, and she didn't see him since his kids were born up until season 3. so its unlikely she ever took them to anywhere in colorado. but i have no proof of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X