Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*peeks in* *rubs eyes*

I think I've seen more of Photoshop today than I had really wanted to! Have uploaded to the LJ gallery more pix from Shore leave. Today Carmen and Corin. *Hopefully* tomorrow I can get the Amanda pix up.

http://pics.livejournal.com/shimmeringstar1/
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

looks up, post 45967 huh???

dude, we're gonna hit post 46,000 this weekend

does this rock or what!!!!
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        IIRC JM said that this was intended as a joke. the point was that sam gets out of the mountain so infrequently that she is unaware that there is a zoo literally above her. of course, i don't recall an explaination for why pete didn't correct her by informing her that there was one. anyway, they knew there was a zoo, but were trying to make a joke about sam not getting out much. apparently.

HAHAHA....wait....no...that's not a joke. The joke is not doing research. Or at least have Pete correct her or look surprised.

Woulda been funny had they done it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          looks up, post 45967 huh???

dude, we're gonna hit post 46,000 this weekend

does this rock or what!!!!
          This most definitely rocks. I remember not too long ago we had just reached 40,000. We talk a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            see, that's when i'd google it. or dial up the colorado springs chamber of commerce and ask them
            You mean you'd google it when ppl started saying that it was wrong, that a zoo exists...or after you watched the ep? Like hmmm lets see if there is one?

Comment

Originally posted by kes
              You mean you'd google it when ppl started saying that it was wrong, that a zoo exists...or after you watched the ep? Like hmmm lets see if there is one?
              There is a zoo in Colorado Springs - the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                There is a zoo in Colorado Springs - the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
                The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo no less!

Comment

no, if i was writing it, i'd google

i've done that before in fic. such as using mapquest to find out just how long it takes to drive from colorado springs to a town in minnesota, or seeiing of Fountain Colorado really has a krispy kreme. Or if was referencing the team driving down the interstate, i'd check out which interstate runs nearby.

just a little research to avoid a plot hole

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo no less!
                    yeah, and it's less than 10 miles from the real cheyenne mountain. sam likely drove by it every day on her way to work

sigpic

Comment

ChevronSeven> Yes, I know.

Skydiver> Oh I get it. But if it was a joke,then they did. And knew that a zoo exist and the joke just went right over, pretty much, everyones head.

I remember actually reacting like it was a joke. Amusing at least. There are a lot of jokes that pretty much only american might get or find funny. It is suppose to be an american show. I know its filmed in Canada.

Comment

i think they knew there is actually a zoo there. it was intended as a joke. just one that nobody got. i don't think it was a case of not doing research (in this case).

it also wasn't a very well thought out joke. its not the first time sam would have lived in colorado springs. she did go to the air force acadamy there. she was younger, and one might presume, not quite as likely to lock herself up in a mountain as if the world depended on it, because back then, the world didn't depend on it.

it was meant to be a clever joke about her lack of a life outside the mountain. just that nobody laughed, or got it for that matter. maybe had they followed it up with pete saying that there was, or a comment later in the episode by someone else mentioning a zoo, TPTB wouldn't have looked like they just didn't bother, but its over and done with now. they'll just have to make better jokes next time. now i could make a season 9 joke right about now, but i'll refrain.... oooh, and it would've been such a good one too!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          I don't know how many of you watch Atlantis, but wasn't there a woman flying one of the fighter planes in the early scenes of last night's episode? I don't watch Atlantis as closely as SG-1, so I don't know if she's a regular or if she's been shown as pilot before. It was good to see a woman in the front seat, but I couldn't help feeling a pang that poor Sam hasn't gotten much flight time, and certainly not in combat situations.

NC
                          Ah, so glad to know I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Kudos to them for making the effort of expanding the "Flyboy" mentality, but I couldn't help but feel a bit... irked... that it's like pulling teeth to get a 10-year-old character into a seat other than shotgun.

EDIT: I know, I know... all things shouldn't lead to the Things That Have Wronged Sam, but if she's not gonna take a heavy part/role in the arcs this season, I'd at least like to see her fly something...

Comment

I really don't see that as a joke. I mean now it looks like Sam is stupid and don't know such a thing. what really is unlikely. I mean again they do something to Sam that isn't her character. She really should know that, so she just had said to Pete that she had to work but that they could ga another time. Would be more believable than what they did now

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                              I really don't see that as a joke. I mean now it looks like Sam is stupid and don't know such a thing. what really is unlikely. I mean again they do something to Sam that isn't her character. She really should know that, so she just had said to Pete that she had to work but that they could ga another time. Would be more believable than what they did now
                              i know that. i'm definitely not saying it was a good joke. its a shame they didn't realise it before they shot it though.

anyway, my point, although poorly made, was that it was not lack of research in this particular incident, but an attempt at humour. apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                                Why stupid? She spends all her time in the mountain, doesnt know that a zoo exists there. Sommeone a few posts back said it was a huge city! Granted its a bit to close to where she works but...do you know everything that exists where you live? (is it big if its not then it doesnt count )
                                Ok it would have sounded better if she had said:"There's a zoo here??!

Comment

Working...
                                X