• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Good interview with Amanda here. Has some spoilers for s10
    Thank you AD

This part in bold cracked me up:

Q: Do you have a favorite ‘SG-1’ villain?

A: I always liked Apophis just because he was so arch. He was so almost over the top … he was our first real Goa'uld lord. Maybe because he was my first he’s always going to be special.

LOL!

(off to start shipping Carter and Apophis )
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      Thank you AD

This part in bold cracked me up:

Q: Do you have a favorite ‘SG-1’ villain?

A: I always liked Apophis just because he was so arch. He was so almost over the top … he was our first real Goa'uld lord. Maybe because he was my first he’s always going to be special.

LOL!

(off to start shipping Carter and Apophis )
      lol, I haven't come across Sam/Apophis before. Sam/Anubis, Sam/Ba'al, Sam/Osiris and Sam/Nirrti yes, but no Sam/Apophis...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Did anyone capture the Morpheus preview?
        No, but the preview is on http://www.scifi.com/stargate/ now.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
          Was it me, or did it seem that the episode dragged on for awhile.
          LOL its the Ori time dilation factor - whenever they are onscreen time seems to slow down...I tell you, its pre-prostration psy ops.

My favorite part of the Amanda interview (for Mini):

Spoiler:
          Do you have a memorable or weird fan experience?
          Entire families will show up at events -- mother, father and kids -- and they all watch the show together … and the mother says, “Oh, you know my daughter’s grades are going up in math,” and the son has a sense of honor about him he didn’t have before. There’s the odd occasion when a fans will come up and just burst into tears, and that’s overwhelming to me. The biggest joy out of it is meeting them one on one and then hearing their stories and hearing how positively it seems to have affected a lot of people. It’s really humbling ultimately.

So go ahead and let 'er rip. I kinda wish I had...no, not really.
          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims
            No, but the preview is on http://www.scifi.com/stargate/ now.
            And for anyone who's interested (I'm reading the thread backwards so it may have been mentioned before ) the Get in The Gate contest started yesterday. It runs through midnight U.S. EST on 9/22/06.

"A trip for two (2) to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and a walk-on role on Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis (collectively, "Series") for the winner. The trip to Vancouver shall include: coach-class airfare for winner and one (1) guest from the major airport closest to winner's home, to Vancouver; three (3) days, two (2) nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy); and a walk-on role for the winner on Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis. .....open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., age 18 or older as of July 13, 2006. "
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              the episode is over

not bad, not fantastic. just...there.

vala was better, only one OTT comment and it wasnt all that bad.

nothing thrilling in it, just a rectifying of hte finale and set up for the next 19

mitchell is better, a bit more even. vala, THANK GOD, was mellowed out. daniel, teal'c and sam just moved the plot along

yes, a bit draggy. it REALLY needed a bit of a b plot or something.

it was mainly picking up the pieces of the finale and set up for the rest of the season

not bad but not special

in fact the most excitement i felt was in atlantis when i saw Kavan Smith's name in the credits
              I appreciated the Cam arc this time too. Now if they can keep him up like that, that would be a great thing. (Though I wouldn't hold out hope - with their current thinking who else are they going to have be their wildcard foil to get the plot moving in different directions?) And here's to hoping this is the only ep that "sets things up" because *all* of last season was one big set up. Though I will say for me (and probably for a lot of peeps here - since many write fanfic & if they don't they're very good at episode analysis) since you already know all the leads are back this season
              Spoiler:
              it is a little ho-hum because you know you're going to spend an hour watching them try to connect the dots and while some things are good (the Cam/Sam interaction as she's still floating in space and he's waking up from being jostled unconscious from the ship explosion), some other things were like, okay, the fanfic authors here coulda come up with something a wee bit better!)
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Bummer! On the S/J Ship Thread, stargate barbie just told us that The Science of Stargate aired in Britain before S9 ever aired. So, apparently, the U. S. is just the last to see it.

Sigh.....
                Yes. A piece of the show that they aired last night she made mention of that SG had been on "8 years already." I figured it was the same show that GW'ers have mentioned around the forum before, but what I'm really wondering is if they edited it before showing it here in the U.S. to add in what appeared to me to be late S9 candids (I forget which ep that was... Ripple Effect I think...) in there and if Brad Wright and Rob Cooper's pieces were recent add-ons too or if they were in the original UK airing.

Otherwise... we have to just remember it *is* close to 2 years old. (But it's always great to see Amanda like that no matter when it was!)

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  Did anyone capture the Morpheus preview?

Yes, and it is up at Scifi now too. It's looks like it could be a good episode.

last night's episode: not bad, not great. Not one of the better premieres, but it was okay. I'm hoping next week's episode is better.
                  Last edited by chocdoc; 15 July 2006, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    Well, if you joined just to reply to that, then good! You'll find you love it here! Welcome!

Here's some pics of the cat. Y'all can decide what it is!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Awww. She's sooo cute. And it is a grey tabby. Looks just like my Samantha did when she was a kitten. I miss her.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Oh, and is it me or was Wright deliberately making it sound like the complaints people have are limited to baseless statements like accusations of laziness, of all things. He seemed to be on a b*tchtastic roll there, and instead of tackling the meat and potatoes of the issues (sexism, Farscape Part Deux), he attacks the laziness issue? Mmmkay...

Oh, and I love it when showrunners perpetuate the, "Oh, they can't accept change!" excuse. Wonderful.

If there was any doubt in my mind that Wright and Cooper are on the same page with many issues, this interview pretty much erased it.
                      That's pretty much what I got from it too. Nice to know that they're just basically ignoring everything that we're saying except for "the laziness issue", which of course they don't see, because after all, we just "don't want to accept change".
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        how was mitchell? was 'he' easier to handle?

sally
                        I thought so. At least he didn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Overall, I thought it was a decent ep. It did have a bit more team feel to it, and Vala and Cam weren't OTT. It was good enough to keep watching for now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok my view of last night's episode. Maybe it was lowered expectations, but I thought it was pretty decent. Some problems of course
                          Spoiler:
                          The rescue of Sam was pretty cool, but since when does Mitchell know how to pilot one of those huge ships? Now if *Sam* had done it, I would have believed it. they had to spread things around for a lot of characters, still, I thought they could have given Sam and Teal'c more to do. On a positive note, I didn't hate Vala.
                          On a superficial note, AT looked great.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            No Amanda was asked to go to the TCA event and Comic Con but with them being on back to back weekends she did not want to fly to LA and then SD with Olivia so she said she would only do one of the two events. The TCA was a big event for the 10th Season for the network so she agreed to go. Michael Shanks was also in LA for the TCA event but will not be at Comic Con as first announced.

The last couple years at Comic Con they have had two seperate panels an hour long each for SG-1 and Altanis but this year they only have a one hour block for both shows - that being the case they have most of the Atlantis cast going to Comic Con.

I will be at Comic Con so I will report on who ends up attending next week.

Cliff Simon and Gary Jones are going to be at Avatar Presses both signing autographs for those that go to Comic Con.

Thanks for letting us know, tsaxlady.

Have a great time at Comic Con! It makes sense they that are just combining the shows, given that some of the SG-1 cast will not be there.

I wonder if anyone will ask the producers about the leadership question. I don't really expect any reasonable answer. After reading Brad Wright's interview, it's seems they don't think it is a big issue, or they don't get why it's a big issue. I would love to know if they even expected the negative reaction to how they have handled it. I think they thought fans would just accept what they gave us---I really think TPTB have never really considered Sam as the leader of SG-1. They did it by default in season 8, and once season 9 was renewed, they thought--oh we better get a male leader in to replace RDA.

Whenever there is a male and a female lead, the male lead seems to always come first. Look at Special Victims Unit of Law and Order--who's first in credits. Who's first in Farscape and X-files. It seems the only time a woman is top lead is when the storyline is totally around her like Alias, Commander-in-Chief, and The Closer. (I love the Closer---great writing, and a great female LEAD.) They can't get around giving the woman top billing in those cases. (of course, look what happened to Commander-in-Chief!)

Comment

Mm never really hated Vala.The whole sexual jokes dont bother me.But in order to be a full time character that doenst get annoying..yeh she needs to tune down a bit.It grows old fast. One thing I didnt like, not because of Vala or the actress...it was all the writers fault, was the fact that she looked more confortable with the team then Sam. That basketball game should have been done years ago with Jack, Daniel,Sam and Teal'c.

Comment

Yeah, nothing in last night's ep made me want to throw things at the screen. In that respect, it was better than most of season 9's eps, I thought. Ho-hum in parts, good in others. I actually watched the first half of the second showing, something that I never did in season 9. Mitchell was written (and acted) evenly, and the story took advantage of his strengths (finally!).

Spoiler:
                                I didn't have a problem with him rescuing Sam like that because he is supposed to be a super pilot. OTOH, I think the entire ep might be foreshadowing how the rest of the season will go. Let's see, Sam will be floating around the background making observations like a good scientist; Mitchell will get to save everyone; Teal'c will be everyone's favorite punching bag and subject of torture; and Daniel and Vala will continue with their sparkling dialogue and interaction, with Vala saving him spiritually and physically.
                                Sound about right? Hard to get past the cynicism I built up after season 9.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X