X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    New interview with Brad Wright on the main page of GW full article

Here is a little highlight

GW: So it sounds like a five-person SG-1 team? Can you put to rest the fears of some fans that Sam is being replaced?

BW: Oh, Sam is not being replaced, no. Not at all. The way it's going to work is that because we have more people the dynamic is just going to shift every now and then. Carter may end up being in an Atlantis or two, and Daniel is only in 16 out of 20, so even then, now you're getting down to far fewer numbers where we have all five cast members -- well, six including Beau, of course.
    Well. I'm convinced.

Oh, and is it me or was Wright deliberately making it sound like the complaints people have are limited to baseless statements like accusations of laziness, of all things. He seemed to be on a b*tchtastic roll there, and instead of tackling the meat and potatoes of the issues (sexism, Farscape Part Deux), he attacks the laziness issue? Mmmkay.

I totally understand his frustration - especially since he probably doesn't come here on a regular basis, and it may be hit or miss with what bits of criticism he reads. I totally get that. They DO work hard at what they do. However, it's the motives behind their priorities that have gotten me and other people worked up. I honestly don't believe he hasn't seen those kinds of arguments before.

Or maybe that fits in the "totally out of our control" box. Whatever.

Oh, and I love it when showrunners perpetuate the, "Oh, they can't accept change!" excuse. Wonderful.

If there was any doubt in my mind that Wright and Cooper are on the same page with many issues, this interview pretty much erased it.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Well, if you joined just to reply to that, then good! You'll find you love it here! Welcome!

Here's some pics of the cat. Y'all can decide what it is!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      OMG that is so cute! cant really tell if it gray or black/white. I love cats!
      Yeh I use to came here and read. The post made me register.
      Have you chosen a name?
      This is my turtle, its a white turtle lol She's a bit older.10years old
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        very good point.
        but cynical little me has to wonder...if they won't listen to amanda or claudia when they express their concerns, will they listen to a beta?

i certainly dont' expect any of my concerns to be addressed...but when i read interviews and members of tptb dismiss any critics as 'women with issues' i have to wonder just how much they'll listen to anyone outside their little circle

and if they won't listen, then why bother?
        No I don't think they'd listen to a creative consultant. (Hey! It's what Harlan Ellison was called by JMS!) But they need one. Badly. Very very badly. I'd do it for free. Well, maybe room and board.

But I think they are trying to save money by not hiring anyone else. You know, since the "baggage" is so expensive.

Suse
        wondering exactly how long it will take to have that nice "AT and clone" picture on emedian pulled.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Ok I love your cat Kes, she also to adorable.
          So all don't forget to vote. I know it is almost time to watch but well keep voting cause Amanda deserves it!
          http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            When tsax asked her (at our photo op), AT said that they - the network? -asked her if she'd go to both, but she opted to only go to the one.

At least she's still in the position to be asked. Somehow I doubt that's the case for the Atlantis peeps.

Still, man... I didn't realize that when she said she was going to the TCA event that she meant it would be THIS week. Sheesh.
            and didin't someone say/or it showed that the event took place in pasadena, california? pasadena is, like, SURFACE OF THE SUN TEMPERATURES right now... i should know, i'm living in them. *checks room temperature... 93 degrees... for days... cries*

BUT, rick and amanda were THAT close.... bloody hell, i should have been there! i can't afford Avalon con -can barely afford the essentials to living-... arghing bloody hell!

but didn't amanda look gorgeous. and rick! *swoons* i already did my freak out about the gorgeousness of olivia, BUT SHE'S GORGEOUS!

btw, i'm kind of excited about tonight's premier ep. and amanda's 'science behind stargate' thinger is on first! but tonight... all i care about is seeing amanda/sam.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh....

My.....

God!!!!!

In the first line of The Science of Stargate, Amanda said:

Spoiler:
              "I'm Amanda Tapping. I play Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, leader of an elite team called SG-1."

I was hooking up the laptop when the show started, so I'm sure I'm not the first to post it, but that doesn't lessen my excitement!

NOTE: Just saw PDL, and he's lost weight since we saw him last.....
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 14 July 2006, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                And there you have it. Who is pulling what strings. I took a look at all the shows and who wrote and co-wrote. Very interesting reading. Agent is right in that it is many of the same people that have given us our previous 8 seasons.

<----shakes head in bewilderment, confuddledment, etc. For me, things really started falling apart midway through S7. Theories? Absence of Brad Wright? RDA? Skiffy suits-turned-writers-exec-producers-runners-etc? The Ori really exist and are taking over our airwaves in an attempt to do a little pre-prostration psychological warfare?

I checked that too. But remember that around mid-S7 they got heavily into creating Atlantis. Then started writing 40 eps instead of 20 a year. It's too much work with little addition to the writing/production staff. And it looks as if PDL is writing less. I'm sure there is network interference. With Atlantis they now have a "franchise!" on their hands. Anyway it's my firm belief that the only reason S8 didn't tank was because RDA was there (and not as an actor but as an Executive Producer who was solely focused on SG-1).

I hate being marginalized. (Re: Brad commenting on letters written to Bridge. I have a good idea what they have control over and don't. Sheesh!)

Suse
                whose satellite and cable (long story) are both on the blink and isn't at all upset about seeing the season premieres. well that shows I've moved on if nothing else does.

Then again I did call Mom to tape it for me. I will keep The Science of Stargate at least.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Just a flyby before Season 10 airs!!! Gee, I like saying that.... Well, I'm enjoying the heck out of watching Amanda on the Science of Stargate! She's gorgeous!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh! What's going on? What's the science of Stargate?
                    What's happening in the ep?
                    Man I think her and Cam should just share...you know?! He put the team back together and she has senority (sp). Share ppl! LOL Dont wanna see him give her orders though.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                      Man I think her and Cam should just share...you know?! He put the team back together and she has senority (sp). Share ppl! LOL Dont wanna see him give her orders though.
                      No that is a sort of thingie (don't know the right word for it) that explains a lot of scientific things that are true and that they use on stargate. Really nice to watch actually.
                      Spoiler:
                      Get a lot of information about worms, timetravel, wormholes,....

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                        Ok I love your cat Kes, she also to adorable.
                        So all don't forget to vote. I know it is almost time to watch but well keep voting cause Amanda deserves it!
                        http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
                        Thanks
                        I have more, cats I mean. Its a total of 3 females The others are black and white. One is pretty much black.

So as soon as anyone has details on the ep can you like post them?Cos I want spoilers!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                          No that is a sort of thingie (don't know the right word for it) that explains a lot of scientific things that are true and that they use on stargate. Really nice to watch actually.
                          Spoiler:
                          Get a lot of information about worms, timetravel, wormholes,....
                          Damn! Never get to see any of that cool stuff! Hope its on the DVD, That way I'll see it, eventually. When the 10th season cost like 30/40€. Probably in the year 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                            The Science of Stargate is a special that is airing before the SG-1 and SGA eps tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                              What a cutie! He is a tabby with tortie coloring. See the M on his forehead, the eyeliner around his eyes and the stripes; classic markings of a tabby. I have one of those too and she is a blast. A tabby can be any color, but I believe it is the markings that define it a tabby.
                              hhhmm, mark on his forhead, eyeliner and partially orange? he should definitely be named jaffa.

just look at him, doesn't he look like a "jaffa"?

(or maybe "samanda" )

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                The Science of Stargate is a special that is airing before the SG-1 and SGA eps tonight.
                                Sniff you "guys" get to see both!

Comment

Working...
                                X