Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    I tried to green ya, but I haven't been around much to spread the love.

Thanks for the bender...as I've shyed away from this thread and GW for that very reason...I HATESSSSSSS Spoilers. I got spoiled about a month ago in regards to something to do with Vala and when I called someone on it they were like "But everyone already knows". Uh, well not everyone WANTS to know. GEEZ!

Uh back to Sam...

I'm with those of you who've commented that you like that AT and CB are working to show that Sam and Vala are going to be friends. I told Amanda back in March at the Vancouver Con that I was excited to see two such powerhouse actresses on one show. I still am. I have hope that in spite of the crappy writing, AT and CB will both shine and make Sam and Vala friends.
    Someone please correct me if you feel I misheard but at Shore Leave when AT was talking about Sam's interactions with Vala there was an awful lot of "But you can't do..." "We don't do it that way..." Sam frustration with Vala. While some might call that funny it would be very one-note very quickly. I'm very worried that Vala will be written as walking all over Sam in the same way she walked over Daniel in S9. And they'll think it's letting the "id" run free. I never saw a hint that Sam got one over on through to Vala. Though maybe AT just didn't mention it.

Suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      Can everyone vote for Amanda? Her lead is slipping.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
      Astro is voting!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
        Someone please correct me if you feel I misheard but at Shore Leave when AT was talking about Sam's interactions with Vala there was an awful lot of "But you can't do..." "We don't do it that way..." Sam frustration with Vala. While some might call that funny it would be very one-note very quickly. I'm very worried that Vala will be written as walking all over Sam in the same way she walked over Daniel in S9. And they'll think it's letting the "id" run free. I never saw a hint that Sam got one over on through to Vala. Though maybe AT just didn't mention it.

Suse
        I too, am afraid that Sam will become one more straight man to Vala's spotlight.

Comment

On a positive note :

I was online trying to think of a name for my new cat. I was searching on one of those name serach engines. I got bored and started looking up random Stargate names... Amanda means worthy of love, loveable,
          endearing. Suits her well, don't you think?

Comment

Suse

You got it right - that's almost exactly what she said at the con. It sounds like it might be fun for a while to watch Sam's exasperation with Vala's antics. But it will get old quickly. And Amanda didn't say if Sam ever 'gets through' to Vala or if she gets one up on her. If TPTB do choose to go this route a lot, I hope they balance it out with more serious scenes between them.

It would be really interesting if they had something serious happen where Vala learns that her flippant/irreverent behavior is not always appropriate, esp. in military/combat situations. They could start by having Vala not listening to Sam and not taking her warnings and advice seriously. Then something bad could happen on a mission b/c of Vala's refusal to follow SGC protocol. And in the end, Vala could learn a valuble lesson and come to have a newfound respect for Sam's advice. Perhaps a scene between her and Sam like the
            Spoiler:
            ones between Woolsey and Sam in The Scourge. He starts off very antagonistic towards Sam and by the end he comes to respect and admire her knowledge and wisdom.

Something like that would provide a nice contrast between the more humorous scenes that Sam and Vala share. We can always hope!

Comment

Just a reminder that the Season 4 Poll will time out tomorrow (Friday) at 8:54pm.

GW Forum Poll: Season 4 Episodes with your Favorite/Most Memorable AT Acting Scenes

And if you haven't voted in these polls yet, here are some links

GW Forum Poll: Who Would You Like to See Star in the new spinoff?

GW Forum Poll: Best Actor in SG-1

July Celeeb Poll

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                On a positive note :

I was online trying to think of a name for my new cat. I was searching on one of those name serach engines. I got bored and started looking up random Stargate names... Amanda means worthy of love, loveable,
                endearing. Suits her well, don't you think?

It is a fitting name with such a beautiful meaning. So...are you going to name your cat 'Amanda'?

If I had a cat, I think I might name him/her Sam. I absolutely love that name for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
                  It is a fitting name with such a beautiful meaning. So...are you going to name your cat 'Amanda'?

If I had a cat, I think I might name him/her Sam. I absolutely love that name for some reason.
                  Well, a while back, we had a cat named Samantha(this was WAY before SG). She was very pretty, but a dog killed her...

So a while later we found a cat that sort of reminded my family of her and we named him Sammy in her honor. We still have Sammy, but a stray has come up. We're pretty sure it's a girl(she's still just a baby!). I can't name her by myself. It's a family cat, so everyone's got to agree. She's a little tabby kitty with black, white, gray, and orange. She's very pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    hhhmmm,
                    Spoiler:
                    trying to please both sides never works out.

does anyone else think they're going to go with "well we tried but now we're just friends"? and would the non shippers out there be happy with that? (i think we all know the shippers wouldn't be happy)

i find that generally when TPTB think they've pleased everyone, often they've pleased no one.

wonder what they're gonna do about the furlings.

Spoiler:
                    I know, the Furlings kidnap our Jack and Sam after they admit their feelings for each other (BHK) and replace them with lookalikes who can't stand each other. We'll be stuck with the lookalikes for the remainder of the series, but we "shippers" will be "happy" because our Jack and Sam are together on a Furling home world. (That would stink!)

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      Well, a while back, we had a cat named Samantha(this was WAY before SG). She was very pretty, but a dog killed her...

So a while later we found a cat that sort of reminded my family of her and we named him Sammy in her honor. We still have Sammy, but a stray has come up. We're pretty sure it's a girl(she's still just a baby!). I can't name her by myself. It's a family cat, so everyone's got to agree. She's a little tabby kitty with black, white, gray, and orange. She's very pretty.
                      Oh...I'm so sorry about Samantha. Even years after losing a pet, it is still a difficult thing to deal with. I still miss my last dog who died back in 1994.

I also know how hard it is to pick a name. When I got my present dog, it took me over a week to figure out what to call her. I went around calling her "puppy" at first and she starting thinking that was her name. Even to this day, she doesn't respond nearly as well to her real name. She's almost ten years old and I get some pretty strange looks from people when I'm out walking her and call her "puppy."

I'm glad you have a new addition to your family and I hope you and your family find the perfect name for her. And perhaps it will be a cool Stargate name.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        My husband realized he was second fiddle the moment he saw me swoon over RDA. I'm sure it wouldn't bother him much to know he's actually 3rd on my list now...at least I come home to him after a weekend of drooling at the cons.
                        My husband and I have an agreement. I can drool all I want over RDA (and BB, MS, CJ) as long as he can drool over AT and CB. I must admit that when I learned that CB was joing the cast I got a little jealous. His two favorite actresses should not be on the same show! Now, if Halle Berry ever guest stars....it could mean marital trouble. To stay on topic, Amanda is definately his favorite. He's a sucker for blue-eyed blondes!

Comment

Suse
                          I'm not worried. AT is happy with the scenes, so I don't think they do any harm to Sam's character. I can't wait to see their interaction.
                          Spoiler:
                          Did anyone notice that AT and CB are in several pictures together in GW's article on Insiders.

Comment

Hey!

Elyse just posted this link over on the SamandJack Yahoo!list. There are new wallpapers and photos for season 10 at the SciFi website. There are some really nice ones of AT/Sam in the mix.

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/gallery/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              ok, why did my question there remind you of that?

i'm a bit worried now that it sounded bad. i was asking out of curiosity about if they were ever asked that, because amanda gets asked all the time apparently. i didn't want to know the answer, just if they were ever asked.

my subtle between the lines question is one of equality of sorts. why does the girl get asked. is it just because a large portion of fandom are straight females, and care which guy is the better kisser but not which girl is, or is it just because she's the girl so she gets the stupid shallow questions over and over.

don't get me wrong, these are fun questions to ask once or twice over 10 years, but why go through it so often.

sorry if it sounded wrong or something.
                              Oh, no, no. It didn't have anything to do with your question or how you worded it. I totally understood where you were coming from - for some reason it just reminded me of that young girl, and I began to wonder if Shanks or Judge would ever get asked that question. And if they did, would it be as likely for them to be asked? I'm curious...

Sorry, I connect dots in a very unconventional fashion, but that's definitely not your fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
                                You got it right - that's almost exactly what she said at the con. It sounds like it might be fun for a while to watch Sam's exasperation with Vala's antics. But it will get old quickly. And Amanda didn't say if Sam ever 'gets through' to Vala or if she gets one up on her.
                                But she did say that Sam starts to warm to this aspect of Vala (I paraphrase) and see things from her angle - which will be cool if we see Sam break out a little
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X