• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, Rachel!

Congrats KatG on 1,000 posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      Scarimor, you have posted a great pic of Sam and Vala. Now that is how I would love to see Vala in the team. That would be brilliant.

I love Astro's idea for Sam Vala interaction. However I doubt we will see too much of that. I think an Amanda/Claudia pairing with a great storyline would just totally overshadow the rest of the cast. We can't have 2 lasses doing that can we!!

Here's to no Vala cleavage or sexual innuendo in season 10!!
      I couldn't agree with you more on all points. That's a FANTASTIC pic of both Sam and Vala!

In order to write substantive and compelling relationship between Sam and Vala I'm convinced they'd need to either 1) have Amanda and Vala write it themselves or; 2) hire a female writer.

nuff said 'yo
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Welcome back to all the con goers, thanks for all the reports and piccis. Hope you're all fully recovered and are up to reinvigourating the thread.

In other words. GET BACK POSTING!!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
          Barrett: "Oh... George W's chopper. Try to smile, Sam... try."
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Teehee! Here's my silly contribution to a Sam/Vala scene for season ten.

-Snip-
            -FADE OUT-
            Delightful! I could hear it in my head. Please accept a green.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

VALA
              No, I don't think so.

CARTER
              Well, I do.

VALA
              It's not going to work.

CARTER
              Certainly not if we keep standing here arguing about it.

VALA
              There's nothing to argue about. You're wrong. Accept it. Move forward...

CARTER
              I am not wrong.

VALA
              How do you know you're not wrong?

CARTER
              Because I... Daniel? A little help here please?

DANIEL
              (standing in the doorway and backing out slowly)
              Ah... looks like you're doing just fine on your own here, Sam. I better get down to my lab and check out all those glyphs we brought back...

CARTER
              Daniel!

VALA
              Oh, give me a break. Daniel! Get back here! The least you could do is stick around and hold the poor woman's hand... considering she doesnt' even realize how completely WRONG she is.

CARTER
              I AM NOT WRONG!

(Daniel disappears quickly)

VALA
              (turning back to CARTER)

Okay. All right. Don't twist your knickers in a bunch over it. What is it with you people? Everyone's always SO EXCITED. Everything's always SUCH a big deal. Fine, then. Have it your way. Go blow up your new toy. See if I care.

CARTER
              It's not a TOY. And it isn't going to BLOW UP. That's not even possible. Not unless...

VALA
              (watching CARTER carefully, she leans forward to whisper)

Yes?

CARTER
              (scowling)

VALA
              (with a smirk)
              I'm sorry, I didn't catch that.

CARTER
              Nothing.

VALA
              Oh, no, this 'nothing' I have to hear.

CARTER
              (her scowl turns into a glower)
              Don't you have some place you have to be? Someone you have to do? I dunno, maybe a-

VALA
              Ouch. There, see, NOW you've hurt my feelings.
              (she pouts insincerely)
              And I was just beginning to really LIKE you.

CARTER
              Damn. All that hard work and planning down the drain.
              (A petulant smile as she stalks to the other end of her lab)
              Guess I'll just have to start all over again.
              (she begins working on something, head down, an obvious dismissal).

VALA
              (hops up to sit on the counter, crosses her legs, watches silently)
              You missed a crystal.

CARTER
              (doesn't look up, doesn't reply)

VALA
              (quiet for another few seconds)
              There. You missed it again. If you keep on doing that, you're going to...

CARTER
              (head snaps up, livid)
              I SEE THE DAMN CRYSTAL, OKAY!?!

VALA
              (one hand raised defensively, she hops off the counter)
              Yikes. Testy.
              (she rolls her eyes and studies CARTER for a few seconds, then smirks)
              Oh, yes. Now I get what the General sees in you.

(CARTER doesn't reply)

VALA
              You know, you're not nearly as scary as you'd like everyone to believe you are.

CARTER
              (finally had it, looks up again, exasperated)
              Scary?! *You* think *I* am scary? Yuh-you-

VALA
              There now. That feels better, doesn't it? Getting it all out in the open. Cathartic, wouldn't you say? You know, admitting you have a problem is half the battle, darling. You're well on your way-

CARTER
              Gahhh!
              (growling)
              Get out.

VALA
              (blinks, surprised)
              I beg your pardon?

CARTER
              (advancing slowly towards VALA, sotto voce)
              Get. Out. Of. My. Lab.

VALA
              Oh, come on. I was only trying to help...

CARTER
              (whispers)
              Now.
              (she stops an inch in front of VALA; the two are face to face)
              Before I do something very, very, scary.

VALA
              (huffing, but she takes a step backward)
              Fine then. Have it your way.
              (She enters the hall, turns, flips her hair)
              But if you blow up the damn mountain, don't come CRYING back to me.

CARTER
              (her hands fist at her sides, she forces a smile):
              Bye!
              (she waves genially)

VALA
              (grumbling)
              No one ever listens to me. Despite the fact I've saved *all* of your lives..
              (she turns and yells over her shoulder)
              More than once!
              (continues sulking down the corridor)
              It's just Vala, do this and Vala do that. Vala, come see if you can remember this symbol. Vala don't get in the way... Well I *do* have a *few* skills of my own, you know, I'm not just just some useless piece of cargo equipment you can all just...
              (she stops; perks up suddenly)
              I wonder what my Daniel is up to?

CARTER
              (shuts her eyes; takes a long, deep breath. She turns around and faces her lab again as we...)

-FADE OUT-

LOL, nicely done and once again i so wish we could see that unfold on the screne
              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                Delightful! I could hear it in my head. Please accept a green.
                I wish I could green her too.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Here's to no Vala cleavage or sexual innuendo in season 10!!
                  Here, here! I second that notion.

Comment

[QUOTE=minigeek][CENTER]

<Applause!>

Brilliant! I'd love it if Vala could be Sam's new MacKay.

More! More!
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                      I couldn't agree with you more on all points. That's a FANTASTIC pic of both Sam and Vala!

In order to write substantive and compelling relationship between Sam and Vala I'm convinced they'd need to either 1) have Amanda and Vala write it themselves or; 2) hire a female writer.

nuff said 'yo
                      IF they did decide to write something along the lines of what I suggested, I'd be afraid that they'd have an entire episode of Sam playing straight-man to Vala's funny, snarky lines. There is a tendency to polarize and exagerate characteristics in such scenes. Whereas, what I'd be really hoping for would be that the two did not become polar opposites, but rather that there was a creation of some common ground, a common goal, ugency of the moment taking over rather than one-line quips and put-downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61
                        Hi. If we want Sam and Jack together at the top in the celeberaty voting, we need to send some votes RDA's way. Amanda has a good lead at this time, over 4000 votes, we can switch back if it looks like she might drop below that number, or if RDA gets up to #3.

i've noticed that ms has moved up quite a bit. he's as shifty as bb , so i'm going to totally focus on keeping amanda TOP.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

that video that oober linked us... the end makes me want to cry, because i know *that* sg1 is gone forever... how could the ptb think that season 9 was better?....

the original sg1. THE best!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            that video that oober linked us... the end makes me want to cry, because i know *that* sg1 is gone forever... how could the ptb think that season 9 was better?....

the original sg1. THE best!

sally
                            I'm with you, Sally....

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              IF they did decide to write something along the lines of what I suggested, I'd be afraid that they'd have an entire episode of Sam playing straight-man to Vala's funny, snarky lines. There is a tendency to polarize and exagerate characteristics in such scenes. Whereas, what I'd be really hoping for would be that the two did not become polar opposites, but rather that there was a creation of some common ground, a common goal, ugency of the moment taking over rather than one-line quips and put-downs.
                              What is with them having no female writers on the writing staff?? I'm not of the opinion someone of the male persuasion can't write for a female character but someone of the opposite sex to the majority of the staff would certainly add a different dimension, offer different opinions and advice that would enrich the writing - for example, how strong women really react to finding out their boyfriend has run a background check and stalked them. I quite often turn to male friends when I'm writing and say - I have character X doing this - would you do that/how would you react?

Anyway, noticed in your posts so far that you haven't said if you are going to turn your very brilliant idea into a fanfic?

If you're not *clears throat nervously* can I?...as you do seem to like my writing...and I would promise faithfully Sam would not end up as straight man to Vala...and obviously you would be credited with the idea....

Feel free to turn me down - have no idea when I would write it but I do love the concept - it just grabbed me.

PS. Thanks to everyone for the welcome
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                that video that oober linked us... the end makes me want to cry, because i know *that* sg1 is gone forever... how could the ptb think that season 9 was better?.... [/CENTER]
                                Because they really, really want to?

Comment

Working...
                                X