• Show
Clear All

Zap2It epsiode description for Friday:

TV Best Bets for Friday, July 14

*All Times Eastern
    By Courtney Potter

Stargate SG-1

9:00 PM - SCI FI [NOTE NEW TIME!]

Long-running "Stargate SG-1" returns to Sci Fi with its 10th season opener tonight -- an exciting prospect for fans and casual viewers alike. New TV is good TV! When last we saw the members of SG-1 -- way back in March -- the team learned of an ancient weapons system in a medieval village called Camelot. By episode's end, Ori ships had engaged the team in a frightening battle, Sam (Amanda Tapping) had drifted off into space and Vala (Claudia Black) felt a contraction from the baby she's carrying. Tonight, as the Ori gain power with their invasion of Chulak, Vala's daughter is born -- and suddenly begins to change in mysterious ways.

WOW they mention Sam Carter (and Amanda Tapping) and how refreshing they do NOT mention Browder or mitchell even once - they actually call it a team - refreshing!!! (the emphasis on vala and the cliche alien babyis disquieting but at least they discuss Carter - should I be allowing a little light of hope - as slim as it is?)

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O

AQOEDSam: Looks she's got you figured out, Snuggly Wuggly.
      AQOEDC: Why must you call me that in public?
      AQOEDSam: Why not? Jack does.

Sweeeet!! Excellent Admiral!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

*All Times Eastern
        By Courtney Potter

Stargate SG-1

Long-running "Stargate SG-1" returns to Sci Fi with its 10th season opener tonight -- an exciting prospect for fans and casual viewers alike. New TV is good TV! When last we saw the members of SG-1 -- way back in March -- the team learned of an ancient weapons system in a medieval village called Camelot. By episode's end, Ori ships had engaged the team in a frightening battle, Sam (Amanda Tapping) had drifted off into space and Vala (Claudia Black) felt a contraction from the baby she's carrying. Tonight, as the Ori gain power with their invasion of Chulak, Vala's daughter is born -- and suddenly begins to change in mysterious ways.

WOW they mention Sam Carter (and Amanda Tapping) and how refreshing they do NOT mention Browder or mitchell even once - they actually call it a team - refreshing!!! (the emphasis on vala and the cliche alien babyis disquieting but at least they discuss Carter - should I be allowing a little light of hope - as slim as it is?)
        Allow that light of hope. Sam was mentioned first, and the baby Vala is carrying is kindof important so that should be mentioned. Go ahead and be happy! S10 is going to rock.
        By the way Agent Dark, Cam took over SG1. He cannot be shipped with Sam. My heart couldn't take it. Besides, Cam/Lam sounds so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          All HAIL the non- and anti-shippers!!!!

*just a little bit longer...give them a false sense of security...and then BAM! I'll have them ALL under my eeeeeeevil power so I can FINALLY transform them to the way of ooey gooey Sam/Jack shippy lurve*

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*giggles spaztically*

Oh wait. I didn't say that last part aloud, did I?

Oh. Crap.

You know, we haven't teased each other for ages and I just couldn't help myself...but I feel better now.

*cheesy grin*
          LOL!! Good on ya Ooober! Me...well..I'm a shipper...I don't like to venture to the anti threads...I think my poor little heart just wouldn't be able to take it!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

Pandas ?! Emus can be cuddly. I'm so hurt.
            Ahh...emus cuddly?? I think not. When I see an emu...I run the other way!! They can be quite nasty at times!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

I shall lull them into
              a false sense of security...

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6085/pandemu7bk.jpg

Sweeet!! Very cool mg!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

What IS it with you people and your freaky vowels, for cryin' out loud?!?! First Ooober and her omitless Oooomlut, now you and your "Ohhhhh" (Ohhhhh!) Wouldn't wanna miss THAT, no siree... d'oh.

moodygeeek
                LOL!!! Good one mg...stick it to em!!! LOL!!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

*All Times Eastern
                  By Courtney Potter

Stargate SG-1

squeee on everything you just said (and linked to us)!!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

What IS it with you people and your freaky vowels, for cryin' out loud?!?! First Ooober and her omitless Oooomlut, now you and your "Ohhhhh" (Ohhhhh!) Wouldn't wanna miss THAT, no siree... d'oh.

moodygeeek
                    speaking of Ooooober I posted her name on the voting site and she ended up being Acerber again...oh it was painful...I couldn't stop laughing
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      speaking of Ooooober I posted her name on the voting site and she ended up being Acerber again...oh it was painful...I couldn't stop laughing
                      Just....hush.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                        Hey - what is this, Aussie lunch break at Samanda??

Ooooh yeah...except hubs is home so my break is gonna be severely interuppted...he bought a digital box or something and keeps asking me to help set it up...can't he see I'm busy here!!! This is far more important!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                          Ooooh yeah...except hubs is home so my break is gonna be severely interuppted...he bought a digital box or something and keeps asking me to help set it up...can't he see I'm busy here!!! This is far more important!!
                          No,no! Go set up the digital box - believe me it is worth it.

Stargate in crisp, clean widescreen - very worth it (well maybe not S9)
                          -

Comment

hmm, digital TV... so pretty.

Although, I think film/television has become to crisp in recent years - it does take away some of the character from the film...

*I will not discuss film vs digital. I will not discuss film vs digital. I will not discuss film vs digital.*
                            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

So.. how about this for some Sam & Vala interaction?

--------

Offworld, SG-1 is being hunted by (insert alien bad guys here)... they are trying to complete their mission while also trying to escape capture (or death). Their mission could be to meet with a local for information, to get an artifact, or to commit sabotage against the (alien bad guys that you chose earlier).

Carter realizes that the bad guys are able to track SG-1 too easily... because they have instruments that allow them to detect and locate the naquadah in both Sam and Vala....

So - Sam and Vala split off from the rest of the team. They act as decoys and take the tracking party away from the rest of the team - who goes off to complete the original mission.

Lots of great scenes with S&V in the field. Escape and Evade... with some 'giving it back' to the bad guys here and there (S&V get to get a few licks in against the bad guys), but the bad guys still have them outnumbered and the two women still end up on the run.

Then, Carter gets injured saving Vala from an attack.

They escape from the latest dust-up with the bad guys, but Carter's injury makes it unlikely that they will be able to outrun them for much longer. Note: Vala either does not have a healing device - or it gets broken along the way, and before Carter is injured.

The men of SG-1 radio to the women that the original mission has been completed, and that everyone should return to the 'Gate. However, the men now have another group of angry hostiles on their six and are beating feet to get off the planet.

The women have led their pursuers on a long chase and they are now on the opposite side of the 'Gate from the returning men. The women are farther from the 'Gate, and Carter's injury ensures that she will not make it to the 'Gate by the time that the men arrive from the other side.

Carter orders Vala to go ahead, to run as fast as she can, while Carter attempts to hold their pursuers behind. Vala balks at the idea of simply leaving, but she also is not a trained member of the Air Force, and has not yet heard of the 'never leave a man behind' credo. The truth is, that with the information that they currently have, Carter will not make it, and if Vala stays with her, then Vala will not make it back either.

Vala leaves her weapons, and remaining ammunition, with Carter and then takes off at a sprint for the 'Gate. She arrives at the 'Gate to find the men in a firefight. In the ensuing battle, they get the 'Gate open and connected, and they all make it through.

Everyone except Carter, that is.

-------

Back on the alien planet, Carter's solo, last ditch stand has actually taken out the remainder of the hostiles that were pursuing the two women. She threw in a little C4, perhaps a trap with claymores... and it ended with a hand-to-hand knife fight with the last of the bad guys.

When it's all done, she's not ecstatic, she's exhausted - think AT's performance in Death Knell (before the Super Soldier popped back up out of the dirt like a bad horror movie monster).

She drags herself back towards the 'Gate. Some time has passed. The surviving hostiles are cleaning things up. She hides in the forest. Days pass. The 'Gate is lightly guarded, but there are still more hostiles guarding the 'Gate than she can take out by herself.

The SGC dials in to check the status of things. They don't like to leave anyone behind - even if it's just a body. They get their people home.

They send a MALP through - and it's destroyed. But Carter is able to radio to them and let them know that she's alive before they shut it down.

Working with Carter's intel regarding the enemies positions, they mount a mission. Carter plays spotter - and also is an able gun from 'behind enemy lines' (the hostiles don't know she's there - they don't intercept the radio transmissions... give them some other technology).

In looking for volunteers for the rescue mission, Landry is swamped. Everyone steps forward. Even some of the techs and scientists. Put Walter in field gear and have him step up to Landry and offer his services - seriously.

They bring her back, with her help.

---------

Afterwards, there is a great Sam & Vala scene as they talk about what happened. It turns out that both Daniel and Teal'c were extremely angry with Vala for leaving Sam behind. Daniel, in particular, rants at her about 'how can you be a part of our team' and not understand that 'we never leave anyone behind'. Daniel would be hurting and upset and would be ranting a bit unfairly at Vala - but it would be very, very human. Teal'c, does 'The Teal'c' and states his disappoinment with only a few words, and heavy silences.

--------

At any rate, something along these lines would
                              1 - equally highlight the fact that both women are ex-hosts
                              2 - give the two women some some strong action scenes in the field - lots of possibility for danger, suspense and heroics
                              3 - give Carter some strong scenes to highlight her military experience and competence
                              4 - show both women as willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good as they split off in order to take the heat of the pursuing hostiles away from the men and the mission
                              5 - highlight Vala's alien status (a good thing in scifi), and highlight some of what Vala has ahead of her in terms of learning what the SGC, Earth and SG-1 are all about.
                              6 - demonstrate the high esteem that Carter is held in by her colleagues. It's been 10 years... I'd sure like some comments about it

- Edited to add: Whatever the guys bring back from their 'successful mission' is then utilized/highlighted in the next episode or two - this lends continuity and credibility to the episodes, and creates an arc, or an ongoing story thread for the series
                              Last edited by astrogeologist; 10 July 2006, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                So.. how about this for some Sam & Vala interaction?

--------

(snip)
                                can't green you

oh, astro, how i wish something like this would happen! it's a lot deeper than the wading pool that was s9.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X