Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM
    Is the baby in the Shore Leave photos Olivia B? I can't really see v clearly.
    I wouldn't think so. Too young and I doubt Amanda would have her out there in front of everyone. Probably a con goers baby. But a cute one.
    sigpic

Comment

For you Sam/Teal'c shippers, a couple of nice little ficlets.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3035983/1/
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3035785/1/
      sigpic

Comment

*sniffles* After a week off ended by Shore Leave, I'm back to work. *sniffles harder* But at least I have access to high speed internet here at work while I eat my lunch (have been stuck on dialup where I've been staying). I won't be back to my house and desktop 'til tomorrow night. (And can't wait - the thumbnails of the pix I took w/my new digital camera look very cool and hope they look equally cool large after I download them into the PC. )

Originally posted by AmberLM
        Is the baby in the Shore Leave photos Olivia B? I can't really see v clearly.
        No, if you're talking about the baby in Kat's PB. That's from Sunday's Carmen/Amanda talk. The father (a war vet, as pointed out by Carmen who'd met him earlier in the con) explained his infant son little boy never failed to quiet down when he saw Amanda on SG-1. Amanda got up and came down to the floor (they were sitting near the front) and oohed and aahed over the infant boy. Of course the little sweetie was equally taken by her as she was by him! (LOL! He probably was wondering how the beautiful woman on the TV suddenly appeared in front of him! )

During Sunday afternoon's autographs, she also held another even younger baby. I think I may have caught a picture of that - her expressions were simply beautiful and her compassion and love just shined through.
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
          Excellent pics. Amanda looks great and Carmen is seriously hot. I never really thought so when he was playing Jacob, but he looks really good now. And Corin doesn't look too shabby either.
          Carmen in person is scrumptious. And adorable and the complete and total gentleman. Very much like Amanda in that he tries to put *you* at ease. I remember when I was walking in for my Saturday a.m. photo op w/him and Amanda and Amanda had turned to one of the SL volunteers for a moment, so Carmen came up and introduced himself and gave one of those two hands holding your one handshakes and we talked for a moment, then when Amanda was finished and we were taking our places, he introduced me to her as if we were long time friends.

All I can say is that he's simply a wonderful man and was very well cast to play Sam's Dad. That was something he spoke about at Sunday's talk with Amanda - about how casting was key and about how rare it is to have chemistry that really shines through like that he had (and still has) with Amanda. He sung Amanda's praises as she did his and all I can say is their hour on stage just raced by!!!!!!!

(PTB - if you're out there lurking - you've brought others back from the dead - bring back Jacob!!!!! )

And a big hug to Kett (one of the Shore Leave co-chairs and the head of SL guest relations) for insisting that they be scheduled to go on stage together for one of the slots since they've apparently never been at any other previous cons. It was a wonderful treat for all of us fans of both them and their characters.
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            *sniffles* After a week off ended by Shore Leave, I'm back to work. *sniffles harder* But at least I have access to high speed internet here at work while I eat my lunch (have been stuck on dialup where I've been staying). I won't be back to my house and desktop 'til tomorrow night. (And can't wait - the thumbnails of the pix I took w/my new digital camera look very cool and hope they look equally cool large after I download them into the PC. )

No, if you're talking about the baby in Kat's PB. That's from Sunday's Carmen/Amanda talk. The father (a war vet, as pointed out by Carmen who'd met him earlier in the con) explained his infant son little boy never failed to quiet down when he saw Amanda on SG-1. Amanda got up and came down to the floor (they were sitting near the front) and oohed and aahed over the infant boy. Of course the little sweetie was equally taken by her as she was by him! (LOL! He probably was wondering how the beautiful woman on the TV suddenly appeared in front of him! )

During Sunday afternoon's autographs, she also held another even younger baby. I think I may have caught a picture of that - her expressions were simply beautiful and her compassion and love just shined through.
            Thanks for the info! Is there *anything* Amanda Tapping can't do? She's amazing!
            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              By the way, have I mentioned lately how wonderful Amanda is? And beautiful? And charming? And gracious? Just an absolutely delightful person and I'm proud to consider myself in her fandom.

They just don't come better than her.
              *cups hand to ear*

Eh, Über? Whadja say? I didn't quite hear you! LOL! I agree with every single point you've made and after meeting her in person and experiencing a con for the first time and realizing the stamina it takes to go through all that - I wholeheartedly agree. They just don't come any better!

(((((Amanda)))))
              I can't WAIT to hear from the others who went to this shindig. Sounds like it was a blast! I've lost track as to how many people went but it's clear it was a massive success...which is a given since Amanda was there.

So was Jamie Bamber.

And Corin.

And Carmen.

But...AMANDA WAS THERE.

*dies*
              It was a blast. I loved meeting meeting up-close Amanda, Carmen, and Corin (and drooling over Jamie in Sunday's talk). (Uh... I meant drooling about... I wasn't like drooling onto him or anything! ), but you know what was equally as cool? Meeting so many Gateworlders from so many parts of the country (and out of the country!) who were such wonderful funny people! (And for me another coolness factor was meeting Lady Jeep, Skydiver, tsaxlady & others who're going to be going to GABIT... we may have even convinced another GW'er to come too! *keeps fingers crossed*.....it's so wonderful now to have faces and personalities to put with the screen names/VR personalities that I've come to know. *grins* It was like yeah, I *know* you from on-line, but are you sure we've never met in RL before????!!!!

Comment

Carmen in person is scrumptious. And adorable and the complete and total gentleman. Very much like Amanda in that he tries to put *you* at ease. I remember when I was walking in for my Saturday a.m. photo op w/him and Amanda and Amanda had turned to one of the SL volunteers for a moment, so Carmen came up and introduced himself and gave one of those two hands holding your one handshakes and we talked for a moment, then when Amanda was finished and we were taking our places, he introduced me to her as if we were long time friends.

All I can say is that he's simply a wonderful man and was very well cast to play Sam's Dad. That was something he spoke about at Sunday's talk with Amanda - about how casting was key and about how rare it is to have chemistry that really shines through like that he had (and still has) with Amanda. He sung Amanda's praises as she did his and all I can say is their hour on stage just raced by!!!!!!!

(PTB - if you're out there lurking - you've brought others back from the dead - bring back Jacob!!!!! )

And a big hug to Kett (one of the Shore Leave co-chairs and the head of SL guest relations) for insisting that they be scheduled to go on stage together for one of the slots since they've apparently never been at any other previous cons. It was a wonderful treat for all of us fans of both them and their characters.
                He sounds like a really nice guy. I would have loved to have met him. I had wanted to go to this con so bad, but already had something scheduled. Hopefully the success of this one, especially with him and Amanda together will bode well for future events. 8)
                sigpic

Comment

Well we knew the leadership issue would be raised by someone. I HOPE whoever raised it did it with respect and support. Sure sounds like it. Of course, if a Samandan asked, then the respect and support part would be a given.

It is one of my hot topics for Carter. Top of the list actually. What will we see on screen in this regard? Second to that, how many Sam Carter kickin' butt sequences will there be? Third, how many things will she blow up? Fourth, will she fly anything? Fifth, will there be a ship resolve in her future or will we have to wait for the movies FCOL? Sixth, how have she and Claudia decided to play their relationship and will we get character/team moments between the classic team?

Looks like lots of good information and it seems that, other than that numpty who badgered Amanda about a dress she wore TEN friggin' years ago, everyone was respectful and supportive.

BTW, have I mentioned how much I ADORE Amanda Tapping yet today? Yes? Well....nyeah nyeah nyeah. I'm sayin' it again.

I ADORE that woman.
                  Re: the questions.... just like any kind of presentation con or non-con, you're always going to have the over-exuberants on one end and the negatives on the other end. But except for a few questions over both days, most of these questions were from people of all walks of life who love the show for so many different reasons and especially love Amanda and the wonderful character she developed.

Yes, the leadership question was raised with respect and support. (By a guy I believe. Everyone else, correct me if I'm wrong!) I can understand why Amanda wouldn't/couldn't come out and give us her heart of heart answer, but you could read the expressions and what wasn't said very loud and very clear.

*grins* But we know from the wonderful acting (thinks of that leaderlike stance at the end of The Scourge) who the real leader is... you don't always have to have the title to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Amanda was wonderful as always today. At the end of her time on stage they came out to say they had an item for charity (a Shore Leave tradition - every year one guest is chosen for a special charity auction item) it was a Sam Carter Panda Bear - Amanda told a story for an accident when she was a kid that she ended up with two black eyes in and they called here Amanda Panda - so this just brought it back full circle. Well a Shore Leave worked started off the auctioning of the Panda and Amanda quickly took over. Then she said that she would match the amount of the winning bid - she also signed the bear for the winner - well it ended up going for $1,000 and then with Amanda matching the donation the charity made $2,000 - the Shore Leave rep was very emtionial when she said that is the most money they have ever raised for on of the charity auctions.
                    Oh heck, even with high speed access a lunch hour goes by way too quick, so this'll have to be my last post... Ah well after tomorrow night I can come play again!!!

I volunteered to drop out of the autograph line Saturday evening to allow Saturday-only attendees to get their autos (Amanda'd already been signing for 2.5 hours at that point and there was still a ton of people in line....) and what they did was to let those of us who did that get in line first on Sunday. Think I was like 7th or 8th or something. They brought up the woman who had bought the panda and were putting her in line a few people behind me, but I insisted she come up in front of me. Was a cute panda and the 'adoption certificate' was even cuter (she was having Amanda auto it too).

It was very sweet to hear the new Panda Mom complimenting Amanda for her matching donation, Amanda telling her no, it was really her who rocked, and then them both agreeing it was the 2nd runner up who matched their bids who *really* rocked! So $3K was raised for the charity which grants $1K grants to children who need help with medical bills they can't afford. So Shore Leavers (and AT fans!) will have helped 3 children in need!

I had to leave around 7 p.m. Sunday, and the auto line was going strong, but to show you how gracious and wonderful Amanda was, she told the con organizers that she didn't have to leave until Monday and that she would stay until every last person got their autos.

Very cool. ((((((Amanda))))))))

Comment

I had to leave around 7 p.m. Sunday, and the auto line was going strong, but to show you how gracious and wonderful Amanda was, she told the con organizers that she didn't have to leave until Monday and that she would stay until every last person got their autos.
                      That is frickin' COOL. What a class act. That lady is just so....

I'm just catching up on posts now, but I think I've exhausted my green for the day again (gave out too many this morning I guess! lol), I was trying to hit everyone who posted a con report or photos. You guys sound like you all had a fabulous time and represented us all PROUD! Thanks for taking the time to pop back in and share. Great Monday morning news all around!

mondaygeek(er...minigeek)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I'm glad the baby in the picture wasn't Olivia. Amanda is being very wise not to expose her to the public. She is an icon, but Olivia needs to have a normal childhood. I hope the fans at the conventions respect her privacy.(Obviously the Samandans would be respectful.)

Comment

Thanks for posting the additional photo's Kat. Amanda looks great - and so genuinely affectionate with the little baby boy!!

Thanks to shimmering star for posting her experiences!!

Comment

are all the con goers back home yet? hope everyone has safe journeys!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                              Hey, if S10 doesn't make me ill, I'm all for a S11!
                              Oh, how's that for a ringing endorsement? I feel about the same. My main hope is that AT says she's enjoying herself. not a guarantee, of course. You can enjoy the people you work with and still have c*** going on around you.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Oh, how's that for a ringing endorsement? I feel about the same. My main hope is that AT says she's enjoying herself. not a guarantee, of course. You can enjoy the people you work with and still have c*** going on around you.
                                I don't think AT would still be doing this if she didn't enjoy herself. She may not be entirely happy with the way some things are going, but she is probably still having a good time. I just hope the PTB are lurking and listening to what the fans want. Rachel Luttrell (Atlantis) said that eventually the fans usually get what they want (sorry, I forgot where I heard that), so we'll just have to keep telling them. Hopefully, AT is telling them too.

Comment

Working...
                                X