No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great report, Forever. I'm so glad you were were able to mention to her that we all send our love and support. CA sounds cool too.

Comment

I seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY adore that woman. What a gem of generosity, love, kindness, beauty, charm and grace.

Wow. Did we pick the right fandom, or what?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Another quick flyby...

I've added a few more photos to my photobucket for anyone who is interested in looking at them. You'll have to forgive me for not posting a detailed summary, but I was taking so many photos and laughing so hard during Amanda's Q&A that my mind is a still a huge jumble of information. I promise if I have time I'll post them later today.

Shore Leave Photos

Amanda, Corin and Carmen were all fantastic. I absolutely adore Carmen. I think I've turned into a thunker. I went to take my photo with Carmen and AT yesterday afternoon and when I walked into the room they both shook my hand and told me how nice it was to meet me. While I was saying hi to Carmen, Amanda reached over and picked up the lanyard I had around my neck. When I looked at her she smiled and said she wanted to read my buttons. I had a GW button I had made, my Samanda button and a button (thanks to Tracy Jane) that had a cartoon version of Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c and beneath the cartoon that said 'OMG, they've killed Janet & Jacob!' which Amanda read outloud and Carmen & AT finished the sentence in unison when they said Jacob. I'm assuming they found it amusing because they both laughed (Spaz has an even better story about the cartoon, but I'll let her tell it. ) Then Amanda asked about the Samanda, button and I told her what it was and that everyone from Samanda sent their love to her she got a huge smile on her face and thanked everyone for their support. Unfortunately my time with them was brief because there were so many others waiting to get their photos, so we smiled for the photo and I thanked them both again and left.

Later that day, during the GW photo, I was lucky enough to be tall so when everyone was trying to find a place to stand Amanda waved for me to stand by her. *big cheesy grin* Yep there are definitely days when I'm very happy to be tall. After the photo was taken I was able to to give her a Samanda button and once again briefly express how much we loved everything she does on the show. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to chat with Corin or Carmen during the photo-op, but I was lucky enough to run into Carmen in the hall. As he passed me, I just smiled and he smiled back and then stopped and said 'Hello sweetheart' and then out of the blue he just gave me this huge hug. I was stunned because I hadn't expected it. I thanked him for coming to the con and told him how much I loved and missed Jacob and he thanked me. He may have said more but honestly I was in fangirl mode and can't remember much more other than I was once again wearing a big cheesy grin and as quickly as he appeared, he was gone. It was definitely a wow moment. He and Amanda are such lovely people, I can't possibly say enough about either of them. I wish I had had time to actually chat with Corin during the day, but maybe today.

The big 'L' word was asked at the con. Without going into too much detail Amanda admitted that she was also disappointed like the rest of us. She has no explanation why things worked out the way they did, but jokingly said that 'I'm sure everyone thinks the new guy is doing a better job anyway' which received a huge boo and let me tell you it wasn't just from those of us from GW or Samanda. It was a very loud show of disappointment by the attendees. Amanda also went on by stating that she did miss the team dynamic on the show. That while she enjoyed having all the new characters and storylines, she hoped that the writers would write more moments between Teal'c, Daniel and Sam. She said that she has asked the writers to add more of those moments, but went on to say that even when they aren't written, she, Michael and Chris have tried to add special moments themselves with added glances and looks.

She also said that she was enjoying the new dynamic CB added to the cast because it really allowed her to have a bit more fun with Sam because Sam really doesn't know how to deal with Vala. The whole idea of having another female on the team and someone who really doesn't follow the rules sort of takes Sam out of her element. She joked that having CB/Vala around allowed Sam to lighten up a bit and allowed her to play Sam a bit flustered dealing with Vala as she acted out Sam trying to explain to Vala that wearing ribbons/bows in her hair wasn't regulation and Vala just sort of walking away and Sam talking to herself. I wish I could explain it better, but Amanda is so animated and so much of her Q&A's are said with body language and facial expressions that it's really hard to give a summary of what she said.

In short, Corin & Carmen were extremely handsome and a joy to watch and Amanda was as stunning as ever and had everyone laughing thoughout her hour long session and at one point she even had our GW group laughing so hard some of us were and tears and the people around us were staring.

Wish I could write more, but I'm already late meeting up with other GWer's this morning.

Having a great time!
        Kat
        Wow thankyou for posting this and the lovely pics glad to read the bit about the "L" word and hopeing for a surprise about that come s10
        Amanda has once again shown her class in all that is asked of her!
        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          I seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY adore that woman. What a gem of generosity, love, kindness, beauty, charm and grace.

Wow. Did we pick the right fandom, or what?

I think we did and for along time into the future i'm thinking also!
          Speaking for myself here, never before has a show and a character made such an impact on me and an Actress find a way into my heart without even meeting her, even my husband has noticed her and he really is not into sf at all!
          I hope Amanda does get to read this and also her family gets to know just how much she is thought of by her fans.
          ......TARA......

Comment

I was looking through the TV Guide that comes with a local NY newspaper today (Sunday) and low and behold in the "critics' corner" this was posted:

"While Amanada Tapping (empahsis theirs) and the other cast regulars are back, the biggest news for fans of "Stargate SG-1" is all but certain to be the return of original star Richard Dean Anderson for several episodes etc., etc." and there is a lovely picture of AT with it (looks like a promo shot from S7). Sorry but I do not have the technological capability (human or otherwise) to scan it. I was pleasantly surprised and still am that at least AT is getting some press despite the pimpage of those that have not contributed in any meaningful way to this point to the longevity of the show.

As to the photos from the con - (thanks to all for reports and photos) I just have to say that dammmm that woman has great hair!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
              I think we did and for along time into the future i'm thinking also!
              Speaking for myself here, never before has a show and a character made such an impact on me and an Actress find a way into my heart without even meeting her, even my husband has noticed her and he really is not into sf at all!
              I hope Amanda does get to read this and also her family gets to know just how much she is thought of by her fans.
              Exactly. I also have never met her but somehow I am a really big fan of her. Just for all she stands for. She makes me want to look like her (and no I do not mean have the looks like her, even she is gorgious) I mean the kidness that she has. I think everyone should be like her. She is always friendly and stands up for herself even after a long day. And what she gave to us as acting is superb. I mean she does such a great work with it. She throws herself in her acting with all her soul and you really can see that. I mean you should love her only for her devotion to her work. Not everyone is that devoted to it. And because she is, and because of all the work she put in it, it makes watching stargate so much more fun. Just to know that she enjoys herself with it.
              I have never been in a really fandom except for Amanda so that tells something about her. I mean even as a teen I never was someone who had posters of acters or singers. I wasn't in to that. Off course I thought of some that they were great but nothing more. Now with Amanda I really want to met her some day. Ok this sounds really silly but I mean somehow she touched something in my heart that wants me to met her. And I know she is just a person like you and me, but I don't see her like that. I know we actually should see her like that, but for me she is so much more. And this might sounds really cliché but she really makes me a happier person. When I see her smile, I get happy

Comment

Amanda's lead is slipping. We need more voters.

Please help.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Amanda's lead is slipping. We need more voters.

Please help.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
                  Drop in and vote - we need to gain some ground back.

Comment

Yes, we shouldnt get complacent.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      Drop in and vote - we need to gain some ground back.
                      Drop in and vote sounds kind of painful... I did, however, visit and vote.

Comment

Wow. Sounds like you are having a GREAT time. You got to talk with the actors and get a hug from Carmen?! SQUEE!!!! But the best part-
                        The big 'L' word was asked at the con. Without going into too much detail Amanda admitted that she was also disappointed like the rest of us. She has no explanation why things worked out the way they did, but jokingly said that 'I'm sure everyone thinks the new guy is doing a better job anyway' which received a huge boo and let me tell you it wasn't just from those of us from GW or Samanda. It was a very loud show of disappointment by the attendees.
                        I would have been booing too. I'm glad she knows so many of us support her. (((Amanda)))

P.S. How did you not faint dead away!!!??? I don't think I'd have made it through the weekend on both feet.
                        Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 09 July 2006, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Another quick flyby...

I've added a few more photos to my photobucket for anyone who is interested in looking at them. You'll have to forgive me for not posting a detailed summary, but I was taking so many photos and laughing so hard during Amanda's Q&A that my mind is a still a huge jumble of information. I promise if I have time I'll post them later today.

Shore Leave Photos

Amanda, Corin and Carmen were all fantastic. I absolutely adore Carmen. I think I've turned into a thunker. I went to take my photo with Carmen and AT yesterday afternoon and when I walked into the room they both shook my hand and told me how nice it was to meet me. While I was saying hi to Carmen, Amanda reached over and picked up the lanyard I had around my neck. When I looked at her she smiled and said she wanted to read my buttons. I had a GW button I had made, my Samanda button and a button (thanks to Tracy Jane) that had a cartoon version of Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c and beneath the cartoon that said 'OMG, they've killed Janet & Jacob!' which Amanda read outloud and Carmen & AT finished the sentence in unison when they said Jacob. I'm assuming they found it amusing because they both laughed (Spaz has an even better story about the cartoon, but I'll let her tell it. ) Then Amanda asked about the Samanda, button and I told her what it was and that everyone from Samanda sent their love to her she got a huge smile on her face and thanked everyone for their support. Unfortunately my time with them was brief because there were so many others waiting to get their photos, so we smiled for the photo and I thanked them both again and left.

Later that day, during the GW photo, I was lucky enough to be tall so when everyone was trying to find a place to stand Amanda waved for me to stand by her. *big cheesy grin* Yep there are definitely days when I'm very happy to be tall. After the photo was taken I was able to to give her a Samanda button and once again briefly express how much we loved everything she does on the show. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to chat with Corin or Carmen during the photo-op, but I was lucky enough to run into Carmen in the hall. As he passed me, I just smiled and he smiled back and then stopped and said 'Hello sweetheart' and then out of the blue he just gave me this huge hug. I was stunned because I hadn't expected it. I thanked him for coming to the con and told him how much I loved and missed Jacob and he thanked me. He may have said more but honestly I was in fangirl mode and can't remember much more other than I was once again wearing a big cheesy grin and as quickly as he appeared, he was gone. It was definitely a wow moment. He and Amanda are such lovely people, I can't possibly say enough about either of them. I wish I had had time to actually chat with Corin during the day, but maybe today.

The big 'L' word was asked at the con. Without going into too much detail Amanda admitted that she was also disappointed like the rest of us. She has no explanation why things worked out the way they did, but jokingly said that 'I'm sure everyone thinks the new guy is doing a better job anyway' which received a huge boo and let me tell you it wasn't just from those of us from GW or Samanda. It was a very loud show of disappointment by the attendees. Amanda also went on by stating that she did miss the team dynamic on the show. That while she enjoyed having all the new characters and storylines, she hoped that the writers would write more moments between Teal'c, Daniel and Sam. She said that she has asked the writers to add more of those moments, but went on to say that even when they aren't written, she, Michael and Chris have tried to add special moments themselves with added glances and looks.

She also said that she was enjoying the new dynamic CB added to the cast because it really allowed her to have a bit more fun with Sam because Sam really doesn't know how to deal with Vala. The whole idea of having another female on the team and someone who really doesn't follow the rules sort of takes Sam out of her element. She joked that having CB/Vala around allowed Sam to lighten up a bit and allowed her to play Sam a bit flustered dealing with Vala as she acted out Sam trying to explain to Vala that wearing ribbons/bows in her hair wasn't regulation and Vala just sort of walking away and Sam talking to herself. I wish I could explain it better, but Amanda is so animated and so much of her Q&A's are said with body language and facial expressions that it's really hard to give a summary of what she said.

In short, Corin & Carmen were extremely handsome and a joy to watch and Amanda was as stunning as ever and had everyone laughing thoughout her hour long session and at one point she even had our GW group laughing so hard some of us were and tears and the people around us were staring.

Wish I could write more, but I'm already late meeting up with other GWer's this morning.

Having a great time!
                          Kat
                          Ah, the leadership issue. OK, the guy had to be the leader of Sg1-but with all due respect to the fans, the Samantha Carter character and AT, the least they could have done is to give a GOOD reason why this newbie is put in charge! They could have promoted him to full Colonel or somehow put the Sam character in a situation where she couldn't lead Sg1 due to conflicting something. It sounds like it will just be an arbitrary decision (he's male) and that's it. I don't think it would happen like that in the real military but TPTB couldn't care less. It really burns my bum! If they continue to disregard the original 3 team members like they did in Season 9, I won't have too much trouble giving up Stargate completely!

Comment

Thank you so much for your post ForeverSg1. It put a big grin on my face along with the other reports and pics . Thanks to everyone who's taken the time and the trouble to share your wonderfull experience with us I've tried to green where I could but I'm quickly running out

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Yes, we shouldnt get complacent.
                              Not if we want Amanda to win. In about ten to twelve days, the competition will be really stiff. We'll need to increase her lead if we want her to hold on to first place.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

That while she enjoyed having all the new characters and storylines, she hoped that the writers would write more moments between Teal'c, Daniel and Sam. She said that she has asked the writers to add more of those moments, but went on to say that even when they aren't written, she, Michael and Chris have tried to add special moments themselves with added glances and looks.
                                Yay I love her!
                                She also said that she was enjoying the new dynamic CB added to the cast because it really allowed her to have a bit more fun with Sam because Sam really doesn't know how to deal with Vala. The whole idea of having another female on the team and someone who really doesn't follow the rules sort of takes Sam out of her element.
                                Yay I really do love her!

It's nice to have these insights into the charcater dynamics from an actor.

Thanks for the whole post and the photos, Kat Keep enjoying yourself
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X