No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Amanda is doing great almost 3000 votes ahead of #2.
    Please send a few to RDA.

Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      You get to see Amanda!!!!!! I'm SO excited just hearing about it, I think I'll just explode if she shows up at Vancouver Con!

I know she's just a normal person, but it's kind of weird hearing she checked into a hotel with her family. It's such a mundane thing, you know? In a way, it makes her more real, if that makes any sense.
      True. As much as we admire her, she's just a regular person. Just an extremely talented, beautiful, charming, gracious and funny regular person.

It sort of reminds me how little kids are surprised when they see their teachers at the grocery store or something--as if they live at school.
      It sounds like those who spotted her admired from afar, which is nice. I would feel bad if she got swarmed while trying to do something like checking in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61
        Hi. Amanda is doing great almost 3000 votes ahead of #2.
        Please send a few to RDA.

Joanne
        RDA and CJ. Still trying to get CJ out of the 70s.

Comment

Here's something weird. I went to vote and this popped-up. In spoilers for space.
          Spoiler:
          Are you a human?

I know, I know, it's rude to ask. I should be able to tell. But with all these bots out there it's hard sometimes. Tell you what, just do something only a human can do and we'll know for sure. I'm going to ask you a question a human would be able to answer very easily.

What numbers do you see printed above?

(We are trying this new system to prevent auto-voting. While it is slightly annoying that you have to enter a code each time, it prevents auto computer programs from just voting all day long. Let us know if you like this new approach. You do need to allow cookies from this site for the code to work.)

So I guess someone was right about the software programs.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
            Here's something weird. I went to vote and this popped-up. In spoilers for space.
            Spoiler:
            Are you a human?

I know, I know, it's rude to ask. I should be able to tell. But with all these bots out there it's hard sometimes. Tell you what, just do something only a human can do and we'll know for sure. I'm going to ask you a question a human would be able to answer very easily.

(We are trying this new system to prevent auto-voting. While it is slightly annoying that you have to enter a code each time, it prevents auto computer programs from just voting all day long. Let us know if you like this new approach. You do need to allow cookies from this site for the code to work.)

yep had the same thing...And I find it annoying that I always have to typ in that stupid number...But I understand why they are doing it for it. I hope now no one will cheat anymore...I know wishfull thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
              Spoiler:
              Are you a human?

Yeah gets a bit tedious and isnt all that easy to keep doing.
              However, when you see people on other boards openly describing where and how to run a programme to get around the IP recognition, I can at least see why they've tried to put something in place. I dont like what they've done but I think cheating the process is even worse. The vote is for fun - why do people feel the need to lower it to such a level? Simply dont get it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
                However, when you see people on other boards openly describing where and how to run a programme to get around the IP recognition, I can at least see why they've tried to put something in place. I dont like what they've done but I think cheating the process is even worse. The vote is for fun - why do people feel the need to lower it to such a level? Simply dont get it myself.

I really wish I knew. It's not going to change things on a cosmic level. I'ts supposed to be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  Thanks for letting us know. I figured it was about episode 200 mostly, and then there seems to be some fun stuff with it.

It is possible that the TV Zone AT interview may have more substance. Someone posted this tidbit, but I can't find the whole interview anywhere yet:

Spoiler:
                  AT mentions that one thing that is difficult in season 10 is that the team is not together very much---characters are paired off most of the time. She said that The Quest is more of a team episode though. This isn't surprising, given the spoilers. The days of going off-world as a team and staying together are gone. I can only hope that there will still be some intriguing stories that are enjoyable to watch.

Also, someone else reported that RCC said in an interview I think in Dreamwatch magazine? that the cast and crew have all signed on for season 11. So, unless the ratings plummet and Scifi doesn't want them to continue, season 11 will happen. So, it sounds like somewhere along the line they got commitments from the cast members to do season 11 if Scifi wants them to keep going.
                  Spoiler:
                  See, I liked when the team went out together. I miss that. As for a season 11, I'm all for it as long as season 10 is better than 9, and the original 3 are not wallpaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
                    Yeah. Cheating sucks the fun out of it. It's just supposed to be fun! I'm glad they at least tried to stop people from cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      Spoiler:
                      See, I liked when the team went out together. I miss that. As for a season 11, I'm all for it as long as season 10 is better than 9, and the original 3 are not wallpaper.
                      exactly

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                        Well folks, it's that time of year again...

I'm off for 6 weeks of training!!! This time I was accepted for an exclusive advanced training course in which I’m going to spend 6 weeks scaling glaciers, climbing up and down the Rocky Mountains, white water rafting etc… the basic message in this is wish me luck, hope I don’t DIE, hope I don’t just generally pass out (Too often!) from the intense physical exertion which is bound to be… abundant! I hope you all have great summers, I can’t believe I’m missing Shore Leave Reports by HOURS, I can’t wait to come back and catch up on Atlantis (no SG for me!)

Good luck and have fun if any of you are embarking on adventures this summer!!!

Au Revoir and Ciao from Madame Pres
                        good luck major sam, hope you have a good time

sig by starlover1990

Comment

If you haven't voted yet, here are some links

GW Forum Poll: Who Would You Like to See Star in the new spinoff?

GW Forum Poll: Season 4 Episodes with your Favorite/Most Memorable AT Acting Scenes

GW Forum Poll: Best Actor in SG-1

July Celeeb Poll

Last edited by astrogeologist; 08 July 2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Hey, not only is she smart and tough, but she can clean up beautifully too! A little photo manip for you...(based on a comment she made about season 10 and a certain costume she was going to have to squeeze into)
                            Spoiler:
                            my guess is for episode 200?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              uh, hello! i LIVE with him (in the same LA county)! he loves ME (or he will as soon as he meets me)! he wants me (to leave him alone prob, but... )!

rda is MINE!! (as i have to say to my mom every.single.day)

sally
                              Ah SECURITY!!! We got another one...make room mini, you're getting a room mate
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                                I'd like to see more of Sam and Vala's interaction too. If the sex jokes were reduced to a minimum, preferably done away with altogether, she could end up being quite interesting.

As a character, I think that Vala stands a better chance by having her and Sam interact than she would with any of the other characters.

Remember the good old days with the Sam and Janet friendship...no sex jokes or demeaning plot devices were needed and everyone loved Janet
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X