Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Season Four Poll is now up and active

Please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
    but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
    (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season 4 Episode Summaries

>>>Link to Season 4 Poll

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      But see...her ultimate coolness is due in part to her sheer normalcy.

Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        Um, why aren't you writing for the show?
        Not male, don't worship at the altar of Mitchell and Vala.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          but i'd REALLY like to see sam and vala talk about this. and no jokey stuff either. you know, it's really hitting me how much i'd like to see sam and vala become friends and connect. vala *can* be an interesting character without all the sex and vamping, and i feel her (might be) relationship with sam offers many opportunities to explore both vala *and* sam's souls.
          I'd like to see more of Sam and Vala's interaction too. If the sex jokes were reduced to a minimum, preferably done away with altogether, she could end up being quite interesting.

As a character, I think that Vala stands a better chance by having her and Sam interact than she would with any of the other characters.

Originally posted by majorsal
          with mitchell, i have a MAJOR hangup with mitchell being given sam's command (and i don't care what excuses - or excuses not given), so that's something that's going to stick in my craw for... well, i'm hoping not forever, because i'd really like to like the guy, you know?
          Mitchell having Sam's command will remain a huge problem with me until TPTB do the decent thing and promote Sam to full colonel and have her retake command because of her higher ranks - this is perhaps the only way for Sam to retake command that doesn't reflect badly on Mitchell.

I don't see myself ever liking him, and he's gone past the point where he could ever rise to neutral but maybe I might hate him slightly less if he isn't pretending to be the leader.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            Not male, don't worship at the altar of Mitchell and Vala.
            You need to make a sig of that

Meanwhile ..........

gee I wish I was at Shore Leave

<jealous pout>
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Ok, so the Thelma and Louise do Outer Space ficathon stories have been posted.
              Thank you for the story links, AD. I've bookmarked them to my "to read" folder, and shall reward myself with a fic any time I feel I've done enough Sam ficathon words to deserve it
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                Yay! Favourites of mine. Oh the whump... *swoon*

woo hoo, snarky action Sam!

Thank you, Astro
                Last edited by scarimor; 08 July 2006, 01:40 AM.
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  CB seems to have made a fair jump up in the poll. So I had a quick look and it seems that a couple of voters are saying you can open more than one browser window and cheat the voting. Is that true?
                  I don't think you can cheat like that, but there have been rumours about some groups - to the best of my knowledge, Claudia Black's fans are not among them - downloading software that allows them to vote more often - somebody mentioned 100 times an hour, instead of the usual twelve.

The reason Claudia Black is progressing well may be that some of those who were voting for Ben Browder last month may have chosen to devote their votes to Claudia this time rather than split their efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    I suspect they may think that the majority of fans who have watched the show for 8 seasons will carry on watching it regardless. And to a large extent it seems they are right!

Just how many fall off in season 10 remains to be seen.
                    I won't be falling off...I am actually enjoying season 9 at the moment...I know I'm one of the minority here but it doesn't bother me! I only really started getting into Stargate about 12 months ago...I had been watching it since season 5 but at the time I was a huge fan of Star Trek...thank goodness I found the error of my ways and converted! I have never been so engrossed in a show as I have been with Stargate. And I can't imagine changing my views to that!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                      WooHoo! Post 1000. Had to make it here on Samanda.
                      Congrats on 1000 posts Kat!! WTG!!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        You get to see Amanda!!!!!! I'm SO excited just hearing about it, I think I'll just explode if she shows up at Vancouver Con!

I know she's just a normal person, but it's kind of weird hearing she checked into a hotel with her family. It's such a mundane thing, you know? In a way, it makes her more real, if that makes any sense.
                        I know..it's knida cute isn't it!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok..well I'm off to play some games...there's nobody here!!! Where is everyone? Have I missed something??
                          Have a nice night guys and be good!!
                          Oh...voting for Amanda has slowed down to a crawl...hello? Let's not let her down!!
                          Night everyone!
                          Congrats to those who've reached milestones...
                          Majorsal...well done...7000 posts!! WooHoo!!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Fly-by post!!!

Another note from Baltimore and Shore Leave:

Hubby and I arrived last night and found a covey of Gateworlders in the lobby getting acquainted. We quickly joined them.....meeting trupi, tsaxlady, ForeverSG1, dancer of spaz, SG1Poz, Jumper13 and Spacemonkey 52.

Today, most of us took the Metro Train down to the beautiful Baltimore waterfront, then came back to the convention area to meet the rest of the Gateworlders for our dinner at Panera Bread. There, we also met Skydiver, nell, LOL4JACK, WhatFateAlmondRoca, sugarshaker, ShimmeringStar, sacme, Dani76, simhavaktra, veryangrystargatefan, and more! Most of us then went to see a movie before returning to our respective hotels. I'm trying to get to bed before the middle of the night, so after a short visit with LOL4JACK and nell, I was getting ready to head back to my room when trupi called to tell us that Amanda, Alan and Olivia had just checked into the main hotel...and they had seen them go through the lobby. Of course, that caused lots of excitement, and those of us who didn't go over were sorry we hadn't. But we're all looking forward to Saturday morning...the sessions...and our photo op with Amanda, Carmen and Corin!

So that's it for the short report from Shore Leave. We should have more news, and maybe a picture or two, tomorrow.

Oh, yes.....since this a multi-fandom event.....I had a surreal Star Trek experience this morning when a guy in full Klingon garb walked into the lobby of our hotel. Strange.....

Holy Hannah!!! Majorsal has gone over 7,000 posts! Congratulations, sweetie!

That's great news! I hope all of you are having a wonderful time!!

Comment

Hi all. Do you remember me? Well first I'd like to appologize for being gone so long, around 2 weeks. I didn't even realize it had been that long. The truth is, a lot has been happening in my real life and I just don't have the time I used to to go on the net. For a while, my sister was on a lot and I wasn't able to go on except to check my email because she was always working on something. Now, I just don't have that much time anyway. I want to check up on here once in a while to see what everyone's talking about, especially once the new season starts, but I won't be able to get on all the time. After this, I'll probably be gone another couple of weeks.

I'm sorry. I miss everyone here, but I'm very bad at managing my real life and my internet life

Also, I'd like to say Congratulations to all Samandans who have achieved recent goals, such as a large number of posts, etc. Congrats to you all, and I'm sorry I don't have a chance to check on everyone's progress. I have to get ready for work soon, but I really wanted to let you all know I'm still thinking about you.

Take care everyone!
                              Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                              Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                                As far as the SFX article goes I'll put it in spoilers in case people dont want to read it
                                Spoiler:
                                AT says at the start that shes "working with RDA, going to oz, wearing a wedding dress and being squeezed into a leather corsett". They talk about episode 200, and Brad Wright talks about how he thought the show would get cancelled etc (the stuff we know)Theres some talk about when RDA left. Theres a column with Brad Wright about each season (which I thought was good). Says that DSD will be in it (yay). Its mainly about ep 200 but some talk of the future. My fav part is a column with postcards from some of the characters from their stargate destination (its pretty good). I thought it was a good article and theres some nice pics.

Anyone else read the SFX article?

Thanks for letting us know. I figured it was about episode 200 mostly, and then there seems to be some fun stuff with it.

It is possible that the TV Zone AT interview may have more substance. Someone posted this tidbit, but I can't find the whole interview anywhere yet:

Spoiler:
                                AT mentions that one thing that is difficult in season 10 is that the team is not together very much---characters are paired off most of the time. She said that The Quest is more of a team episode though. This isn't surprising, given the spoilers. The days of going off-world as a team and staying together are gone. I can only hope that there will still be some intriguing stories that are enjoyable to watch.

Also, someone else reported that RCC said in an interview I think in Dreamwatch magazine? that the cast and crew have all signed on for season 11. So, unless the ratings plummet and Scifi doesn't want them to continue, season 11 will happen. So, it sounds like somewhere along the line they got commitments from the cast members to do season 11 if Scifi wants them to keep going.

Comment

Working...
                                X