Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie

uummm, if this is the music that i'm thinking of then teal'c sure as heck gets around! they played it in new ground when nyan was helping to heal teal'c and they were, um, becoming friends....

sam better not find out about this!

(who named it btw?)
    Teal'c is definitely skating on thin ice.

As for who named it, I think it was Carterslave, when she was talking about the Sam/Jack hug in Heroes. Now that's what I think every time I hear it.
    sigpic

Comment

To everyone heading off to Shore Leave this weekend - Have a great time

<pouts> wish I was going
      -

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        Everyone connected to the show or just all of TPTB?
        all of 'em - eventually someone might give an honest answer (maybe). Some would say they don't know ask the producers, yadda yadda, some would answer and it is those answers I would like to hear, many for their pure contrived drivel and I can tell you pretty much what some will say but there are others who may actually answer. rcc would never ever give an honest answer, he will just spew crapola as usual as would mallozzi. Wright and N John Smith might at least try as would AT but I would like to hear what they all have to say about it.

Perhaps a better way to put it to AT is:

"How do you see the direction of S9 affecting Carter's leadership role and career. You clearly stated before S9 that you were excited, and looking forward to Carter being in charge in S9 and see where it would take the character - how has S9, and the direction they chose to go with leadership, affected the character and your outlook on it?"

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Yeah I was thinking the same thing. So what scenes would you want to see in it?

Sam doing some major @ss-kickin' in Emancipation.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guys in Prometheus.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guy in Endgame - with her hands tied behind her back no less!

Can we include Replicarter too? I really love the fight scene in Gemini.
          YES on everything, and *more*!

we really have a LOT of eps to work off here, so whoever makes this vid better include them ALL!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
            Aha! I love Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor for the moment, it`s very rythmic. But I think that there is a song that should fit such scenes better. Way better.
            Sadly I don`t have a lot of songs in mind ATM.
            or just music, instead of an actual song.

if i were making it, i'd be using either some dramatic classical music (like something from wilhelm richard wagner), or a hardrock song/music (like from Dream Theater).

to me, the scenes shown will be strong and imposing, so i'd pick strong and imposing music to go with it. just my tastes, though, and i should get off my lazy butt and make the vid i want to see. (i won't, though, because, you know, it'll interfere with my laziness)

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, I don't have the s8 dvd yet Stargate Barbie, but I want a copy like yours. Citizen Joe was not one of my favorite episodes of the season (no real reason) as it aired, but I could get into it if it took place between Threads and Mobeus. The shippier the better!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                You do have to take the thing in question into context though Sam and Orline were deliberatly shown as being close - they were having a candlelight dinner. It was even suggested by Simmons that something more was going on ("9 days, Major. And I dare say you haven't spent a single minute of it working on atmospheric weather anomalies").

And for the record, Sam and Teal'c totally did it during New Order. At least twice.
                should we take into account that amanda, herself, said they didn't have sex in 'ascension'? (yes, this was before the writers decided to 'tweak' the facts later on.)

sally
                Last edited by majorsal; 06 July 2006, 08:30 PM. Reason: forgot the 'l'
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Cover your eyes Majorsal! Do not read! I repeat DO NOT READ
                  oh, NOW you tell me!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    Is everyone voting?
                    majorsal, reporting for duty. everyday.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Well said. But, sigh, cheap and tawdry is where it's at with the writers lately. Who wrote the S9 episode? I looked and RCC is credited with Ascension. It would be particularly sad if he did this to his own stuff.
                      damian kindler. genius behind 'chimera'. nuff said.

sally

ps - rob cooper did the story (idea) for 'chimera'. (now we know why he defended him so much)
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                        And Orlin really trust Sam with everything he has, because of the glowing sharing thing. that is why he isn't mad at her when simmons his man are around the house. He knows that sam would never have told them anything. He also knew that she was beeing watch cause she tolled him in the park.
                        orlin was a really great character, enhanced by sean patrick flannery playing him. and for me, he's the only 'other' that was close to sam's level (of everything).

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          My best case scenario...my DREAM scenario...is that the new spinoff will be showrun by RDA and AT. Rick would make cameos and Amanda would of course be the lead of this new venture as the adventures of Samantha Carter continues on. And, as Co-Executive Producer... she would also havethe option to direct a few episodes a year.

The name of this new production company? BarbieMac.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            I'd rather see RDA and AT do a show of a different genre, break out of the scifi mold so more people would see it and appreciate what a real star Amanda is
                            i see what you mean (and i've thought about it myself), but i think there's HEAPS more stories to tell about sam carter! so much more.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              As much as I love Sam, I'd love to see AT take on a different meaty role. And speaking of meat, RDA is always tasty. (oh you guys are a bad influence on me. )
                              whimpers

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i see what you mean (and i've thought about it myself), but i think there's HEAPS more stories to tell about sam carter! so much more.

sally
                                Definitely. The character could really thrive if she was given the chance. There are so few really great TV characters out there that it seems a shame to waste Sam.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X