Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Well said. But, sigh, cheap and tawdry is where it's at with the writers lately. Who wrote the S9 episode? I looked and RCC is credited with Ascension. It would be particularly said if he did this to his own stuff.
    That was my thing.

They used the word "intimate" as a pejorative. It was meant to be a joke. Now Sam corrected them but only part way. He was a grown man when they were "intimate" but in this case, "intimate" did not mean "sexually involved." But the look on Landry and Lam's face was clear that they were questioning why Sam slept with a boy. See? Isn't that hilarious?

IMHO, they should have dropped the line altogether rather than a partial answer that only muddied the waters more.
    Last edited by Uber; 06 July 2006, 01:24 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Uber - your post 44868
      a perfect 10 I think!! Fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
        mine to. ive got a subsciption with it so i get the cover without anywriting on it which is fab (esp this month). i watched tin man last night, always liked that episode. two sams and two jacks

Hey scifi_girl -- Any interesting things said in the article in SFX?

Also, has anybody read Amanda's interview in TV Zone #71 yet? I was just wondering how she sounded in the interview?

Comment

Was reading an interview with RDA recently, I actually think it has already been commented on this thread, but it sounded as though he was hankering for coming back.

Rob Coop can have his spin off with Vala and Mitchel, Landry et al,

and we can get back to the SG1 which we all love.

Wouldn't that be nice. Everyone's a winner!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Was reading an interview with RDA recently, I actually think it has already been commented on this thread, but it sounded as though he was hankering for coming back.

Rob Coop can have his spin off with Vala and Mitchel, Landry et al,

and we can get back to the SG1 which we all love.

Wouldn't that be nice. Everyone's a winner!!
            My best case scenario...my DREAM scenario...is that the new spinoff will be showrun by RDA and AT. Rick would make cameos and Amanda would of course be the lead of this new venture as the adventures of Samantha Carter continues on. And, as Co-Executive Producer... she would also havethe option to direct a few episodes a year.

The name of this new production company? BarbieMac.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by penguininablender
              sorry to but in guys, but we have an emergency that applies to all gateheads. There is this french internet competition where they choose the best tv show, and SG! is in a final match with Fiends..AND WE ARE LOSING!!!! go to this link vote or go check out the Series World Cup thread in the general stargate discussion forum ( time is of the essence, friends is jumping way ahead of us!)

here is the link
              http://www.serieslive.com/cdm_match.php?m=15
              I went, but it's all in French! I can read 'supporter' with the SG-1 pic under it. I keep clicking it...so I guess I'm voting for SG-1 over and over...which is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                My best case scenario...my DREAM scenario...is that the new spinoff will be showrun by RDA and AT. Rick would make cameos and Amanda would of course be the lead of this new venture as the adventures of Samantha Carter continues on. And, as Co-Executive Producer... she would also havethe option to direct a few episodes a year.
                A spin off with AT and RDA and run by them? *hugs Oooober* You are genius! I love it! I love it! I love it! Danny and T can make cameos too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  A spin off with AT and RDA and run by them? *hugs Oooober* You are genius! I love it! I love it! I love it! Danny and T can make cameos too, right?
                  Oh yes indeed they can.

Apophis is welcomed too.

Oh come on. You don't think he's REALLY dead, now do ya?

Comment

I'd watch a show ran by RDA and AT! Hey, I'd watch the Vala/Cam show. I think the more Stargate series we have, the better! The RDA/AT show would be my personal favorite, of course!

Comment

I'd rather see RDA and AT do a show of a different genre, break out of the scifi mold so more people would see it and appreciate what a real star Amanda is
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                        Do like me alternate your votes... I give one to TR and one to AT. It is just to hard to choosse between them so...
                        Since AT is so far ahead, I am focusing on RDA. I have sent a few TR's way as well. I will send some to CJ and MS if we can get RDA beside AT in the polls. I am also voting for SG1 as 1 T.V. show.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                          Since AT is so far ahead, I am focusing on RDA. I have sent a few TR's way as well. I will send some to CJ and MS if we can get RDA beside AT in the polls. I am also voting for SG1 as 1 T.V. show.
                          I've been sticking to voting for AT, and some allies, as her lead has slipped a bit.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

just dropping a note to everyone

we're in maryland and will be dropping by the hotel 430ish tomorrow (Friday) to meet to head over to panera]
                            hopefully by saturday night - net access permitting - we'll have some fun amanda tidbits to share
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

we're in maryland and will be dropping by the hotel 430ish tomorrow (Friday) to meet to head over to panera]
                              hopefully by saturday night - net access permitting - we'll have some fun amanda tidbits to share
                              Yippie.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

oh great

Comment

Working...
                                X