Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    That's the part that makes me giggle. I knew about the Sam/Jack theme song, I'd just never listened to it that closely until recently. Now I always laugh. We gotta get someone (other than me!) to play it on the piano in the hotel lobby at AVALON (teehee!) ....
    I'd do it for you, but alas, I'm not going.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      nope!

mine are going to Teryl
      Do like me alternate your votes... I give one to TR and one to AT. It is just to hard to choosse between them so...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
        Do like me alternate your votes... I give one to TR and one to AT. It is just to hard to choosse between them so...
        oh I have been Amanda-ing too while Teryl-ing. I meant that I'm not sending any to RDA as well.
        scarimor

Comment

oh I have been Amanda-ing too while Teryl-ing. I meant that I'm not sending any to RDA as well.
          My mind wonders to certain places with that explanation
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ok now you got me wondered what is Amanda-ing and Teryl-ing... Really love to know it... It has to be something really great...

Comment

Ok now you got me wondered what is Amanda-ing and Teryl-ing... Really love to know it... It has to be something really great...

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Now Mini is that the Amanda-ing or Teryl-ing ?
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Now Mini is that the Amanda-ing or Teryl-ing ?
                  maybe it is the same just with amanda-ing it is bigger than with teryl-ing

Comment

sorry to but in guys, but we have an emergency that applies to all gateheads. There is this french internet competition where they choose the best tv show, and SG! is in a final match with Fiends..AND WE ARE LOSING!!!! go to this link vote or go check out the Series World Cup thread in the general stargate discussion forum ( time is of the essence, friends is jumping way ahead of us!)

here is the link
                    http://www.serieslive.com/cdm_match.php?m=15

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                    hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

All I can tell you is that when you're Amanda-ing and Teryl-ing at the same time... you need some stamina
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        I understand what you and DEM are saying, but assumptions mean nothing if they're not addressed within the episode or eps later. Otherwise they can just say that this happened or that happened in an ep that aired years ago, just so they can fit those little moments into the present or future. And for what? Fun? An attempt to get something across, that perhaps they didn't bother to do before? Maybe to further another arc? That's cheap. If they can do that to an ep as relatively benign as Ascension, just think of what they could do with eps that are/were very crucial to other arcs. One suggestion of something that was NEVER shown on screen could totally change the meaning of an episode - or a relationship, for that matter.

Just look at Upgrades and D&C. But at least that was planned before Upgrades aired, and it was addressed soon after.

Don't misunderstand me, though : I honestly think Sam cared about Orlin, and I think it could've gotten deeper if given time. However, they only had nine days, and if they didn't address the sexuality of their situation WITHIN the boundaries of that episode, or within a few episodes that followed, it probably didn't happen. Suppositions and assumptions would then have to be left to fanfiction.

For them to dredge up the "possibilities" and "prospects" of what COULD have happened THREE years later, it says to me that they've gotten into the (bad) habit of creating canon out of what-ifs. And that's a cop-out. If they weren't thinking of addressing it then, then there's no need to address it now. IMO.

And with the way Lam and Landry were laughing to themselves (as if, you know, they were in on some little inside joke), it's clear what they were insinuating. They weren't suggesting a deep and meaningful blending of souls. They were laughing because the idea of being faced with someone you were sexually involved with years ago, who now has a baby face and a height problem, is evidently funny. They would not have been snickering, had the relationship been limited solely to intellectual or emotional depth - then, of course, there would've been no reason for Sam to be antsy. No, they were talking about sex and sex alone.

And I don't believe Sam and Orlin's closeness had anything to do with that.
                        I agree with you Dancer. She cared about him and there was potential once he became corporeal, but I don't think she was ready to go further in the time they had.
                        That snickering really bothered me. and Sam's response which implied that it had been a physical relationship. Maybe down the road we'll find out if this issue was another one of the battles AT lost.

Comment

Okay...since you all begged and pleaded and begged some more...here are MY insights into Ascension.

I think that Sam and Orlin became pretty close to each other.

I mean, at first Sam was freaked by him. A lot. Then she was irritated to the point of wanting to string him up for forcing her to go through a psych evaluation.

And then he told what he wanted. To share consciousness. For her to give him permission to see inside her soul and vice versa. That's all.

Orlin promised to leave her alone afterwards of she wanted...and she begrudgingly agreed.

Then they glowed in her living room.

Sam saw his heart and soul and he saw hers. There was no hiding or potential for false pretenses. It was intense. It was intimate. It was deep...deeper than anything she had ever previously experienced.

He descended.

She let him stay and they got to know each other better. They talked, they walked. They had dinner together. Sam liked him...maybe even approached "LIKING HIM" liking him...but just like Sam said to him...they weren't in a relationship. Romantically at least.

She enjoyed his presence and knew him better than anyone else and same with him. They shared souls for crying out loud.

Then Sam found out that Orlin had been very busy while she was at work. VERY busy. Building a stargate in the basement out of toasters busy.

Simmons was hot on Orlin's trail and they were going to take him in. Sam...feeling betrayed and hurt that she had been monitored and concerned for Orlin's well-being, went in to try to talk to him and let him know she didn't give him up.

She didn't have to do that of course. Tell him she kept his confidence. Orlin knew. He had looked inside her heart and knew her character. I'm sure he also knew that she would if she REALLY had to...like if it were a matter of national security. But certainly not as a means to prove her claims about what happened on his world.

The minigate opens and he tells her that she knows how he feels and that he wants more but that it was up to her. He goes through and Sam...knowing the alternative was Simmons and his goons follows him. She also knows what Orlin is going to face when he got there and knew he'd be in trouble...so she backed him up.

He is killed and given a second chance...to ascend again and to save her and he takes it knowing she'd die otherwise. Sam is shaken, stunned and hurt and feels the loss of a man who gave himself for her.

Now, as close as I think they became, I do not think that they ever once engaged in any bedroom activities. Period. I think their intimacy was born of sharing their souls and the bond they shared blossomed from that connection.

I think in time, had Orlin stayed on earth and somehow blended into society, that perhaps Sam would have seen him as a "potential" but I don't think they ever got that far. She was still the Air Force officer/scientist trying to do the right thing and he was still the strange but handsome alien who glowed with her in her living room.

And that's my two pesos.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            Wow! Here I go agreeing with you again.

I always thought something happened in those 9 days. Sam's a grown woman. Orlin was adorable. He thought she was wonderful, made her feel good about herself. And how much more intimate can you get than sharing your feelings/thoughts/emotions the way Orlin did when he went all glowy. It didn't have to be a physical relationship, but if it was, so what.

I do have a problem with Landry/Lam in the scene in 4th Horseman, but that's because they managed to take something that was special to Sam, regardless of what actually happened and make it seem cheap and tawdry.
                            Well said. But, sigh, cheap and tawdry is where it's at with the writers lately. Who wrote the S9 episode? I looked and RCC is credited with Ascension. It would be particularly sad if he did this to his own stuff.
                            Last edited by jckfan55; 06 July 2006, 01:12 PM.

Comment

(says jckfan ) But you know people could send some votes CJ's way in honor of Sam/Teal'c ship. He's doing better than DSD, but he's one of the "Big 3"--I feel the need to back him up.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Okay...since you all begged and pleaded and begged some more...here are MY insights into Ascension.

I think that Sam and Orlin became pretty close to each other.

I mean, at first Sam was freaked by him. A lot. Then she was irritated to the point of wanting to string him up for forcing her to go through a psych evaluation.

And then he told what he wanted. To share consciousness. For her to give him permission to see inside her soul and vice versa. That's all.

Orlin promised to leave her alone afterwards of she wanted...and she begrudgingly agreed.

Then they glowed in her living room.

Sam saw his heart and soul and he saw hers. There was no hiding or potential for false pretenses. It was intense. It was intimate. It was deep...deeper than anything she had ever previously experienced.

He descended.

She let him stay and they got to know each other better. They talked, they walked. They had dinner together. Sam liked him...maybe even approached "LIKING HIM" liking him...but just like Sam said to him...they weren't in a relationship. Romantically at least.

She enjoyed his presence and knew him better than anyone else and same with him. They shared souls for crying out loud.

Then Sam found out that Orlin had been very busy while she was at work. VERY busy. Building a stargate in the basement out of toasters busy.

Simmons was hot on Orlin's trail and they were going to take him in. Sam...feeling betrayed and hurt that she had been monitored and concerned for Orlin's well-being, went in to try to talk to him and let him know she didn't give him up.

She didn't have to do that of course. Tell him she kept his confidence. Orlin knew. He had looked inside her heart and knew her character. I'm sure he also knew that she would if she REALLY had to...like if it were a matter of national security. But certainly not as a means to prove her claims about what happened on his world.

The minigate opens and he tells her that she knows how he feels and that he wants more but that it was up to her. He goes through and Sam...knowing the alternative was Simmons and his goons follows him. She also knows what Orlin is going to face when he got there and knew he'd be in trouble...so she backed him up.

He is killed and given a second chance...to ascend again and to save her and he takes it knowing she'd die otherwise. Sam is shaken, stunned and hurt and feels the loss of a man who gave himself for her.

Now, as close as I think they became, I do not think that they ever once engaged in any bedroom activities. Period. I think their intimacy was born of sharing their souls and the bond they shared blossomed from that connection.

I think in time, had Orlin stayed on earth and somehow blended into society, that perhaps Sam would have seen him as a "potential" but I don't think they ever got that far. She was still the Air Force officer/scientist trying to do the right thing and he was still the strange but handsome alien who glowed with her in her living room.

And that's my two pesos.
                                Great post. I totally agree on you with that. You right it like I want to say it.
                                I really do think that sam and orlin have a band that you can not compare with love. I mean she cares for him but she is not in love with him. She also knows what he has been through and she knows what he feels because of the glowing sharing thing they had toghether. They shared real emotion, something really deep inside. that is also the reason why they have a good band. But nothing more. Sam would never allow herself to that. After Narim and Martouf she is really carefull about it IMO.
                                Yes off course they have a great time togheter but nothing more.
                                And I think Orlin really understand the feelings Sam has. He has seen it all so he understand how sam thinks and feels. I think he understand her more than she unerstands herself.
                                And Orlin really trust Sam with everything he has, because of the glowing sharing thing. that is why he isn't mad at her when simmons his man are around the house. He knows that sam would never have told them anything. He also knew that she was beeing watch cause she tolled him in the park.

Comment

Working...
                                X