Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. So what scenes would you want to see in it?

Sam doing some major @ss-kickin' in Emancipation.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guys in Prometheus.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guy in Endgame - with her hands tied behind her back no less!

Can we include Replicarter too? I really love the fight scene in Gemini.
    What song?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Yeah I was thinking the same thing. So what scenes would you want to see in it?

Sam doing some major @ss-kickin' in Emancipation.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guys in Prometheus.

Sam kicking the snot out of the guy in Endgame - with her hands tied behind her back no less!

Can we include Replicarter too? I really love the fight scene in Gemini.
      It was a pretty neat move when she kicked Jonas Hanson's gun out of his hand in "The First Commandment".

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        What song?
        Aha! I love Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor for the moment, it`s very rythmic. But I think that there is a song that should fit such scenes better. Way better.
        Sadly I don`t have a lot of songs in mind ATM.
        Last edited by Lizlove; 05 July 2006, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          What song?

"Gonna Rock This Joint" by Alanah Myles

Have to go through my CD collection for some more suggestions
          "I know, I know. It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something stupid, we like to catalog the full extent of our stupidity for future reference."
          Commander Susan Ivanova

Sinclair : "No boom?"
          Garibaldi : "No boom."
          Ivanova : "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."
          Ivanova : "What? Look, someone's got to keep some damned perspective around here. One of these days... boom!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
            Thanks for the post. I really hadn't thought of it that way. I retract my previous comments. Too much damage was done to Sam in s9.
            No, no, no. No need to retract any comments. I totally agree that we could use a break from the age-old S/J thing when it doesn't serve the script, or is utilized properly.

And if they had actually STUCK to their supposed "No Ship 4 Sam" concept last season, I would've been OK. It's the fact that they went out of their way to bring up every SHIP but S/J that's a bit ridiculous.

They don't realize that too much of ANYthing is a bad thing, whether it's Sam/Everyone, Sam/Jack, Sam/Job or (my personal favorite) Sam/Wall.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 1speed!
              Have a great day!

Just so you know, your novels are about to reach their next destination tomorrow! Thanks for the great reads!

Originally posted by RealmOfX
              Don't forget The Otherside where she high kicks that dude in the war room
              I think she gave a guy a good nosebleed in Homecoming, too. And, iirc, she was tied up then as well. But I may be wrong. I think it's the late hour. At any rate, she definitely did some damage to the guy.

And dude, Kat, I hope you're in bed!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                How the heck would they have known about any "intimate relationship" Sam and Orlin might have had, anyway? Even if the mind meld thing counts, would Sam have shared something so personal in her reports when all anybody needs to know is that Orlin followed them back throught the stargate and approached Sam, she befriended him and he warned her about the consequences activating the weapon would have had?
                NID had her under the surveillance without her knowledge remember. Cameras all through her house...

Originally posted by Spazzy
                1.) Sam had some sort of sexual (or, at the very least, romantic) relationship with Orlin.

While they were trying to lean that way, the two never did more than walk in a park together. And he went glowy on her. And I believe Sam cared about him, of course. But that's as far as it got. Unfortunately, thanks to the writing, it seems like there was much more to "Ascension" than there was.
                We never saw more than a walk in the park. Like DEM said, there were something like 9 days between that and when Simmons got his panties in a twist. Anything could have happened in that time.

[quot]2.) There was a possibility that Sam still had feelings for Teen Orlin.

Instead of having her set them straight - therefore setting newcomers straight - they had her almost justify what she "had" with him. Her awkwardness, I think, could've easily been misconstrued as more than simple embarassment over past deeds. It could've been interpreted as embarassment over feelings she still had. The fact that they wrote Landry/Lam looking so smug over the prospects, and Sam being on the opposite side of the room looking/sounding almost sheepish was just ridiculous.[/quote]
                I don't see why she had to set them straight? What if she actually did have feelings? Maybe Landry and Lam said what they said because they would never understand the kind of feelings that Sam had? (which fits in nicely with their whole story line during those episodes).

It was making a joke out of something that didn't happen, it was making false suggestions about a character and it was all for a cheap laugh. "See! He's a boy! And she was 'intimate' with him a few years ago! And he's back! Haha! Funny, eh?"

I'm just sick of them rewriting history/canon with sick humor.
                It wasn't 'something that didn't happen', they weren't 'false suggestions' and they never actually 're-wrote history/canon'. To say that is to take a very narrow minded look at the scene imo. There is a deeper meaning to those scenes and while they were most likely accidental in their creation, they are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  Clever. But Operation Market Garden --(Arnhem--A bridge too far, 1944) didn't work out for the Allies.
                  Pfft, it works out fine for the Allies when I'm playing. The B-17 and two P-51 Mustangs tear through the German armour, and jeeps rushing to the bridge to cap the two bridge flags and mine them so the tanks can't roll past anyway, effectively bottlenecks them

/me goes back to playing Battlefield 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    We never saw more than a walk in the park. Like DEM said, there were something like 9 days between that and when Simmons got his panties in a twist. Anything could have happened in that time.

I don't see why she had to set them straight? What if she actually did have feelings? Maybe Landry and Lam said what they said because they would never understand the kind of feelings that Sam had? (which fits in nicely with their whole story line during those episodes).

It wasn't 'something that didn't happen', they weren't 'false suggestions' and they never actually 're-wrote history/canon'. To say that is to take a very narrow minded look at the scene imo. There is a deeper meaning to those scenes and while they were most likely accidental in their creation, they are still there.
                    I understand what you and DEM are saying, but assumptions mean nothing if they're not addressed within the episode or eps later. Otherwise they can just say that this happened or that happened in an ep that aired years ago, just so they can fit those little moments into the present or future. And for what? Fun? An attempt to get something across, that perhaps they didn't bother to do before? Maybe to further another arc? That's cheap. If they can do that to an ep as relatively benign as Ascension, just think of what they could do with eps that are/were very crucial to other arcs. One suggestion of something that was NEVER shown on screen could totally change the meaning of an episode - or a relationship, for that matter.

Just look at Upgrades and D&C. But at least that was planned before Upgrades aired, and it was addressed soon after.

Don't misunderstand me, though : I honestly think Sam cared about Orlin, and I think it could've gotten deeper if given time. However, they only had nine days, and if they didn't address the sexuality of their situation WITHIN the boundaries of that episode, or within a few episodes that followed, it probably didn't happen. Suppositions and assumptions would then have to be left to fanfiction.

For them to dredge up the "possibilities" and "prospects" of what COULD have happened THREE years later, it says to me that they've gotten into the (bad) habit of creating canon out of what-ifs. And that's a cop-out. If they weren't thinking of addressing it then, then there's no need to address it now. IMO.

And with the way Lam and Landry were laughing to themselves (as if, you know, they were in on some little inside joke), it's clear what they were insinuating. They weren't suggesting a deep and meaningful blending of souls. They were laughing because the idea of being faced with someone you were sexually involved with years ago, who now has a baby face and a height problem, is evidently funny. They would not have been snickering, had the relationship been limited solely to intellectual or emotional depth - then, of course, there would've been no reason for Sam to be antsy. No, they were talking about sex and sex alone.

And I don't believe Sam and Orlin's closeness had anything to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      I understand what you and DEM are saying, but assumptions mean nothing if they're not addressed within the episode or eps later. Otherwise they can just say that this happened or that happened in an ep that aired years ago, just so they can fit those little moments into the present or future. And for what? Fun? An attempt to get something across, that perhaps they didn't bother to do before? Maybe to further another arc? That's cheap. If they can do that to an ep as relatively benign as Ascension, just think of what they could do with eps that are/were very crucial to other arcs. One suggestion of something that was NEVER shown on screen could totally change the meaning of an episode - or a relationship, for that matter.
                      Put this way - it's not a totally unplausable situation. There is nothing to suggest otherwise that it didn't happen.

Don't misunderstand me, though : I honestly think Sam cared about Orlin, and I think it could've gotten deeper if given time. However, they only had nine days, and if they didn't address the sexuality of their situation WITHIN the boundaries of that episode, or within a few episodes that followed, it probably didn't happen. Suppositions and assumptions would then have to be left to fanfiction.

For them to dredge up the "possibilities" and "prospects" of what COULD have happened THREE years later, it says to me that they've gotten into the (bad) habit of creating canon out of what-ifs. And that's a cop-out. If they weren't thinking of addressing it then, then there's no need to address it now. IMO.
                      It wasn't addressed in that episode because it wasn't needed to be addressed. The episode showed that Sam cared for Orlin. 4th Horseman showed that Sam still cared for him.
                      And btw, its not like they haven't done this before... Reese and Human form replicaters? Second gate in Antartica because of Ancient Outpost? etc.

And with the way Lam and Landry were laughing to themselves (as if, you know, they were in on some little inside joke), it's clear what they were insinuating. They weren't suggesting a deep and meaningful blending of souls. They were laughing because the idea of being faced with someone you were sexually involved with years ago, who now has a baby face and a height problem, is evidently funny. They would not have been snickering, had the relationship been limited solely to intellectual or emotional depth - then, of course, there would've been no reason for Sam to be antsy. No, they were talking about sex and sex alone.
                      Of course Lam and Landry were suggesting that. I'm not arguing that. But I'm looking at the reasons why they suggested that. Landry and Lam have probably never had a deep and meaningful relationship where they could understand what Sam and Orlin felt. That was what the Landry and Lam sub-story in 4th Horseman was all about.

Comment

Put this way - it's not a totally unplausable situation. There is nothing to suggest otherwise that it didn't happen.

It wasn't addressed in that episode because it wasn't needed to be addressed. The episode showed that Sam cared for Orlin. 4th Horseman showed that Sam still cared for him.
                        And btw, its not like they haven't done this before... Reese and Human form replicaters? Second gate in Antartica because of Ancient Outpost? etc.
                        OK, OK I get that logic. But if they're going to go back to every moment in time where something was PLAUSIBLE, they're gonna have a whole lot of new canon to cover.

It's plausible that Sam and Jack - as Thera and Jonah - had sex, because their connection was very strong prior to BtS anyway, but (thankfully) that's only ever been explored in fanfic. It's plausible that Jack and Daniel had sex after Jack saved him from jumping off of his apartment ledge in The Light, because their emotions were running pretty high. It's plausible that Sam and Teal'c totally did the nasty in that teltac ship thing right before they started getting sucked into the time-dilation-bubble-cum-black-hole in New Order. Heck, it's plausible that they did it again on Thor's ship, just for kicks.

Anything's plausible - or, in my mind, possible. It's all a matter of what they choose to bring (or deliberately choose NOT to bring) to light that's an issue for me. Couple that with the Stargate SG-1 version of "Win A Date With Samantha Carter" this past season, and it's just a big mess, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          OK, OK I get that logic. But if they're going to go back to every moment in time where something was PLAUSIBLE, they're gonna have a whole lot of new canon to cover.

It's plausible that Sam and Jack - as Thera and Jonah - had sex, because their connection was very strong prior to BtS anyway, but (thankfully) that's only ever been explored in fanfic. It's plausible that Jack and Daniel had sex after Jack saved him from jumping off of his apartment ledge in The Light, because their emotions were running pretty high. It's plausible that Sam and Teal'c totally did the nasty in that teltac ship thing right before they started getting sucked into the time-dilation-bubble-cum-black-hole in New Order. Heck, it's plausible that they did it again on Thor's ship, just for kicks.

Anything's plausible - or, in my mind, possible. It's all a matter of what they choose to bring (or deliberately choose NOT to bring) to light that's an issue for me. Couple that with the Stargate SG-1 version of "Win A Date With Samantha Carter" this past season, and it's just a big mess, imo.
                          You do have to take the thing in question into context though Sam and Orline were deliberatly shown as being close - they were having a candlelight dinner. It was even suggested by Simmons that something more was going on ("9 days, Major. And I dare say you haven't spent a single minute of it working on atmospheric weather anomalies").

And for the record, Sam and Teal'c totally did it during New Order. At least twice.

Comment

NC

Comment

You do have to take the thing in question into context though Sam and Orline were deliberatly shown as being close - they were having a candlelight dinner. It was even suggested by Simmons that something more was going on
                              No, Spazzy's logic is sound. Look at Jonah and Thera (as she pointed out), it was contextually and deliberately inferred in canon for them too. The fact that they were "close" - the same kind of close. The fact is, though, that we don't know for sure (in either case). I came away from the Sam/Orlin situation thinking they'd shared a spiritual/energy type closeness, nothing more than that (as a viewer) and to be very honest with you, at the time, I was *rooting* for more (SPF is HOT baby!!). But it wasn't really inferred (until 4th Horseman, that is). In truth, it seems that even having read the script and been preparing for it, Amanda as an actress felt that the connection was a spiritual one and not a physical one, which was how she opted to play it, too. Her comments after the fact corroborate that. So that particular script; that particular relationship was originally written to infer something different, imho. Something that transcended physical sexuality.

(And for the record, if Sam hasn't done the horizontal lambada with Teal'c yet - she's crazy!!! )

geeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

1speed4sam

scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X