Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    Landry almost seems afraid of her or intimidated
    I would be too! I imagine Landry had heard all the stories about the Great Sam Carter. She's smarter than him, knows more about the program than he does, and has many years more experience in the SGC than him. Yep, I'd be intimidated too.
    I think that leeryness, coupled with cam's presence has ben bugging her
    Typo?

Comment

and also...also i think that sometime between s8 and 9 Sam got burned. I think soemthing happened and she got messed with and she's leery. I think that leeryness, coupled with cam's presence has ben bugging her
      Interesting idea. How long was Landry at the SGC in "Avalon, Part 1"?

We know that Sam was gone a week, but if Landry had just arrived and Mitchell was due to arrive, even if they had planned for her to move to Area 51 and give him command of SG-1, wouldn't they want for her to stick around for a while after Mitchell arrived to show him the ropes. I doubt that there was any urgency about Sam transferring to Area 51 and all seems to have been reasonably quiet on the SGC front, so Sam could have cut her hours back to part-timeish if she needed to spend more time with Cassie.

At the beginning of Season Nine, Landry was basically throwing Mitchell in the deep end, expecting him to lead the team most likely to run into trouble without any offworld experience and seemingly without the benefit of the training those aiming to be on SG teams go through. He wasn't even taking over command of an existing team, one that had already learned to work together, he was to form a new team.

Under the circumstances, I would have thought that any commander who possessed a shred of common sense would want to keep Sam around for at least a few missions as team commander as a type of probationary period for Mitchell, to see how he dealt with offworld exploration and with the new team before Sam moved on and Mitchell took command. Even if Sam couldn't be there, there were nearly thirty other team commanders who could have showed Mitchell the ropes.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
        Dancer, I don't know if you've had a chance to get to the Anti S9 thread yet. But seeing that your here, this is the link.

http://moon-catchin.net/gatenoise/
        Thanks, LaCroix!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          But there've been too many nods, too many references, scripted lines of inquiry, looks and shippy music (blast, what's the new name of the piano music? )
          Did a search. It's the "Shippy Piano of Love".
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

As to themes, are there any good ones showing Sam as Geek? And utilizing all the crazy moments and faces that AT made for those eppies?! Please point me to any like that!

Okay, is there one just showing all the times Sam has hugged or been hugged or kissed or embraced just about any actor or alien or artifact in the episodes? That could be a lot of fun to put together.

So ... what song would be the backdrop for Sam as Geek? What song for Sam hugging and kissing?
            I actually just saw one today with all Sam's many "love" interests. I'll see if I can find it and post a link tomorrow.

As for a Geek Sam music vid maybe "Weird Science" or "She Blinded Me with Science".
            sigpic

Comment

and also...also i think that sometime between s8 and 9 Sam got burned. I think soemthing happened and she got messed with and she's leery. I think that leeryness, coupled with cam's presence has ben bugging her
              what?

do you *know* something here? that's such a random thing to say/think that... do you know something there, woman?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

just a random thing. some feeling htat i have that something happened, even if it was jsut coming back to the 'co-leader' crap that kinda disillusioned sam.

you know, maybe she didn't WANT to go to area 51, but was transferred
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

just a random thing. some feeling htat i have that something happened, even if it was jsut coming back to the 'co-leader' crap that kinda disillusioned sam.

Possibly. And maybe because Cass was having issues at the same time, she took the lemons and made lemonade?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

And who was behind that transfer? The writers and other PTB.

Comment

and maybe did something, made a choice that she didn't want to make but was for the best ... which you know, is the marks of a good leader
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Fic: Protective Resemblance, by agentotter. It's early season Sam and Daniel bonding. And a frog.

Comment

AD, I love your sig. It always makes me smile.

Comment

Maybe she's secretly ruling the world..... Sam Carter - ruler of the known world an galaxies beyond. Mild mannered genius by day, meglomaniac by night!!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Possibly. And maybe because Cass was having issues at the same time, she took the lemons and made lemonade?
                            sigpic

Comment

Very lovely little ficlet by the author AD. Multi-colored frog as big as a cat, goodness.

Comment

The timing was certainly very convenient. If they knew when Mitchell was coming, why not wait until after he had arrived before letting Sam head to Area 51? Wouldn't it have been a good idea to have the former commander of SG-1 at hand to help the new commander with things like choosing his team. How is Mitchell supposed to know what kind of people are the best choice for an offworld team when he has never been on one? Even if Sam wanted to go to Area 51, do you see her refusing to delay her departure a few weeks so that she could be there to help settle Mitchell in?

Even without taking the remark about the battle of Antarctica happening two years before "Avalon, Part 1" into account, given the changes I think that a heck of a lot more than a week passed between the end of "Threads" and "Avalon, Part 1". There was no indication that Jack or Sam intended to leave the SGC at the end of Season Eight, or that General Hammond's position would be vacated. The Jaffa nation had made strides towards forming their government. I don't see those changes happening over the course of a week.

Leaving aside my General Magwitch theory, what if Landry (or maybe there was another, short-lived general running the SGC between Jack and Landry's reigns) wanted to make his command his own and wanted to replace some of the SG team leaders with people of his own choice?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X